Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Galayr: TFG ministers more qualified than ministers of neighboring countries

Mayaani   

Darawal reer waqooyi baa ku yiri nin reer Baydhabo ah markii boostejadii la gaaray. Waryaaya soo dhaadhaca, Baydhabo guy baa ugu jawaabay "ma dha'oow ee dhuug sadee".

Gabbal   

Originally posted by The Zack:

quote: I only opined on this based on Miskin's accurate clarification that contrary to what Zack said, Bari does not use it nor the rest of Somalis in their entirety, nor the NFD who border the Bantu speakers nor the May May speakers who are even more ancestral to Maxa Tiri speakers, nor even the eastern most inhabitants of the Og'aden

Apparently, you haven't been to Bari nor to Og'adenia. I am not talking from books, I am talking about what I have personally witnessed. Both Reer Bari and Og'adenia along with North-westerners and Djiboutian Somalis all use "DH', and not "R", on most of their words. Keep in mind, there are some very few people in those regions that use "r.
I was born in the Og'aden, Hawd and Wardheer to be exact as were my parents and grandparents north of Gaalkacyo. Adeer speak for Dhegax Buur which is a stone's throw away from the Affran Qallo. Wardheer iyo Geladi iyo Shiilaabo iyo xitaa Beyrada ka shisheesa Gaalkacyo anigu ka war doon. icon_razz.gif

Gabbal   

Originally posted by The Zack:

A reer Bari dude would never say "Gabartaan baan rabaa".

I wouldn't either say Gabartaan baan rabaa but some reer Xamar do say which is their prerogative. Still, in my estimation, that is nearer the purer ancient Somali by way of pedigree then say Xaaji single-handedly choosing to change "barri" while leaving "inan" to it's tonal differentiation. :D

The Zack   

^ :D @affran qallo.

Good to know u were born there,. Speaking of what you have seen in Wardheer, are u saying people there use gabar, gaari(car), bar(half)? Daacadda ka hadal sxb.. Midda kale I wasn't referring to just Dhagaxbur when I mentioned the O region instead I was referring to Fiiq, Jigjiga, Dire Dawa, Godey, Qabridahar and many other places, too. Also reer Gaalkacayo don't use "r".

The Zack   

Originally posted by Gabbal:

quote:Originally posted by The Zack:

A reer Bari dude would never say "Gabartaan baan rabaa".

I wouldn't either say Gabartaan baan rabaa but some reer Xamar do say which is their prerogative. Still, in my estimation, that is nearer the purer ancient Somali by way of pedigree then say Xaaji single-handedly choosing to change "barri" while leaving "inan" to it's tonal differentiation.
:DOk as reer mudug or reer bari fella, would u say "gabar baa ii timid" or "gabadh baa ii timid"?

Xaaji Xunduf doesn't make sense half of the time so don't worry too much about what he says :D