Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Galayr: TFG ministers more qualified than ministers of neighboring countries

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Xaji_Xunjuf:

you did not answer the question bal ku noqo.

Caro is one word with two different meanings based on how you pronounce it (classic tonal language). Also inan is written inan, how do you signify masculine and feminine?

Originally posted by Gabbal:

quote:Originally posted by Xaji_Xunjuf:

Caro is one word with two different meanings based on how you pronounce it (classic tonal language). Also inan is written inan, how do you signify masculine and feminine?
Thats why its not caro its cadho and not caro

caro means dhulka carada

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^They are spelled the same way but sound or pronounce differently-you have to know southern cultural and linguistic nuances to tell the difference,

Koonfurians need to learn when to use the dh when to use the r.

^Sxb-speak to a Qowdhan that leaved in the South. It's clear and with all due respect, you are ignorant about segments of Somali language and culture.Educate yourself first!!

LoooooooooooL@Gabbal...nin kasta qumanihiisa qoorka ugu jira or is it Jidha ma maqli jirtye :D Xaaji is absolutely convinced his "Somali" is the only right one.

Gabbal   

quote:Originally posted by Gabbal:

quote:

Thats why its not caro its cadho and not caro

caro means dhulka carada
What about inan and na*cas?

You don't see it but you are giving me theories as to how DH came to be borrowed from our eastern Cushitic neighbors by those who neighbor it. Chinese confuses most Chinese as a premier tonal language and I am sure such an evolution as borrowing would have happened if the Chinese did not develop a writing system earlier. I now know the "dh" speakers fell through the crack in the absence of a written script while the reer Koonfureed held on for dear Mary. :D

i lived in the south i am well aware how they speak and talk and pronounce words , it's just incorrect thats all.

Oke che another question what do you call a beard in afsomali koonfurians say gar , but gar is garta la wada dhigto. its Gadh.

it's just incorrect thats all.

No friend, your is incorrect if you gonna play that game!!

I don't know how else to say it sxb. Have you ever heard a word with two meanings depending how it's pronounced?

Gabbal   

Xaaji, Somali is a tonal language.

Car-ro = anger

Ca-ro = soil/land

I-nan = young one (male)

In-an = young one (female)

Na-cas = imbecile (male)

Nac-as = imbecile (female)

ga-r = justice

gar = beard

bar-ri = buttocks

ba-ri = east

Xaaji, have you taken a grammar Somali language curriculum as even non-Somali linguists who have researched the language can make apparent to you? Somali is a tonal language and since inan is a Waqooyi vernacular I would expect you to comprehend what I am talking about with respect to the definition of tonality in speech.

Also, thanks for bringing to my attention the basis of various theories as to why the unnatural "dh" was developed by the Western most Somalis who neighbor the Eastern Cushitic speakers. I shall pass this on to friends of mine who research the language.

The Zack   

I only opined on this based on Miskin's accurate clarification that contrary to what Zack said, Bari does not use it nor the rest of Somalis in their entirety, nor the NFD who border the Bantu speakers nor the May May speakers who are even more ancestral to Maxa Tiri speakers, nor even the eastern most inhabitants of the Og'aden

Apparently, you haven't been to Bari nor to Og'adenia. I am not talking from books, I am talking about what I have personally witnessed. Both Reer Bari and Og'adenia along with North-westerners and Djiboutian Somalis all use "DH', and not "R", on most of their words. Keep in mind, there are some very few people in those regions that use "r.

^We came from two different Somalia then.I haven't seen reer Bari calling Gaari Gaadhi or Bari Badhi. Phonetically speaking, the Southern Somali including may may is more accurate.

The Zack   

^It's not my position to tell anybody which Somali is correct, I am just telling how those people speak.

A reer Bari dude would never say "Gabartaan baan rabaa". Adiga inta Xamar kaa keeneen bey Boston ku geeyeen oo ku dhaheen reer Burtinle baad tahay so u have no idea of how these people speak. :D:D