Che -Guevara

Is There a Plan B in place for Somaliland?

The people and leaders of Somaliland must have always known that international recognition might never happen. Did the elite have another plan in mind? This is particularly important today as things are unraveling politically, economically, and even socially. Where does Somaliland go from here?

• Thanks 1

Illyria   
2 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

The people and leaders of Somaliland must have always known that international recognition might never happen. Did the elite have another plan in mind? This is particularly important today as things are unraveling politically, economically, and even socially. Where does Somaliland go from here?

Foundation built upon falsities eventually falters finally falling flat on its visage. Besides, you do not need a plan B, when your master plan is being marketed under the false slogan of being Africa's best kept secret, do you? Shamed to say, but Shankaroon was long shagged under shady shenanigans by its chinless chauffeurs shilling for the chanced overlords. 

Duufaan   

For many years I was comparing and contrasting here Somaliland  and Kurdistan. Now those hired lawyers in west who support Somaliland  are comparing Kosovo and Somaliland after Iraqi Kurd lost their hope of independent state.  As some Kurd will always be a tool and victims for neo colonials who eager to use them, there will always be same policy in Somaliland. And now Hassan Sheikh in villa moqdisho , those policy had been signed and implemented already. For Somaliland they will always hope that somehow foreigners will help them to achieve bigger goals in exchange for their services. The latest attempt of reaching Oromo groups are great example. Now that SSC-Khaatumo achieved a military victory in laascaanood, Jamaahiirta movement must reach Ceerigaabo. Somaliland  was very successful cleansing local people in that area and encouraging pro Somaliland tribes to move deep in the heart land of Sanaag,  building goojacade style camps with settlers. Or at least Khaatumo administration must reach Ceerigaabo. This only will bring hardcore Somalilanders on table, moving forward. They do not have plan B. They are still working on plan A

9 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

very good questions

This wrong idea, of secession, which benefited some people, is as dangerous as shabab ideology, how many people died? since they declared secession?

And if you closely talk o people under 40, they have been brainwashed like North Korea, and believe they are already a country.

The separatist leaders were extremely callous and dangerous and forged some documents alleging that Harti signed and was part of secessionists from the start,  which was not true

I used to say here, that they are trying to fool everyone, including the international community

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Illyria said:

Foundation built upon falsities eventually falters finally falling flat on its visage. Besides, you do not need a plan B, when your master plan is being marketed under the false slogan of being Africa's best kept secret, do you? Shamed to say, but Shankaroon was long shagged under shady shenanigans by its chinless chauffeurs shilling for the chanced overlords. 

I heard many say SNM's original goal was never to secede and break up the country, and secession was forced on people by more radical elements at the last minute. Does this account for the lack for the lack planning and foresight?

13 hours ago, Duufaan said:

For many years I was comparing and contrasting here Somaliland  and Kurdistan. Now those hired lawyers in west who support Somaliland  are comparing Kosovo and Somaliland after Iraqi Kurd lost their hope of independent state.  As some Kurd will always be a tool and victims for neo colonials who eager to use them, there will always be same policy in Somaliland. And now Hassan Sheikh in villa moqdisho , those policy had been signed and implemented already. For Somaliland they will always hope that somehow foreigners will help them to achieve bigger goals in exchange for their services. The latest attempt of reaching Oromo groups are great example. Now that SSC-Khaatumo achieved a military victory in laascaanood, Jamaahiirta movement must reach Ceerigaabo. Somaliland  was very successful cleansing local people in that area and encouraging pro Somaliland tribes to move deep in the heart land of Sanaag,  building goojacade style camps with settlers. Or at least Khaatumo administration must reach Ceerigaabo. This only will bring hardcore Somalilanders on table, moving forward. They do not have plan B. They are still working on plan A

I never understood why any Somali group thinks they can impose their will on others. Hargeisa might be the last to figure that out.

Jumping from any possible savior to another will not win them anything. The Oromo thing has actually befuddled the youth. 

Illyria   
23 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

I heard many say SNM's original goal was never to secede and break up the country, and secession was forced on people by more radical elements at the last minute. Does this account for the lack for the lack planning and foresight?

I did read that too, but then again, others who were more privy to SNM's intents well before the 1988 war, disagree. Members of SSDF incl. A Yusuf said so as much. Then I saw a letter said to have been a speech A Silanyo intended to read at the May, 1991 conference in Burco to declare a transitional government for Somalia, that was till the conference was hijacked by 'Gaas Dhegoole - hardliners within SNM ranks' who forced A Silanyo to instead declare SL; reason: the Jibouti meeting, where A Mahdi and O Arte had been named leaders of Somalia with no consultation with armed rebels. A Tuur & Co were said to have been of the same view. Two wings within SNM on either side of the issue. Truth is found somewhere in between.

Illyria   
7 hours ago, Arafaat said:

No plan B is being considered by elites. 

There has been a lot of talk about North-South confederation, under the aegis of I O Geelle,  which I hear Muse & Co are very keen on, and Hasan has been pushing, well that was before SSC-Khatumo was born. And I am still hearing about it. Do you not see that as a possible plan B?

I can only say mahadsanidiin to Reer Sool for making Soomaali online sphere more sane and filled with fewer deluded, wretched extremist secessionists. Reer Sool made almost all of them disappear from all online Soomaali communities since late Agoosto. They are probably seething in their marfishes and basements.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Arafaat   
9 hours ago, Illyria said:

There has been a lot of talk about North-South confederation, under the aegis of I O Geelle,  which I hear Muse & Co are very keen on, and Hasan has been pushing, well that was before SSC-Khatumo was born. And I am still hearing about it. Do you not see that as a possible plan B?

I do see it as a workable possibility and have always propagated a North-South proposition, but the question was if the current elites also consider it an option and my thinking is that they will only do so when they give up on plan A, which they haven’t yet. Otherwise they would call on talks with SSC-Khaatuma on a common Northern front instead of beating the drums of war. 

Illyria   
10 hours ago, Arafaat said:

Otherwise they would call on talks with SSC-Khaatuma on a common Northern front instead of beating the drums of war. 

Do the SL elites really think there is a possibility of negotiating with SSC-Khatumo?

Arafaat   
On 12/8/2023 at 12:53 AM, Illyria said:

Do the SL elites really think there is a possibility of negotiating with SSC-Khatumo?

Obviously if they did, one wouldn’t have pursued the current discourse. But personally I think with leadership, diplomacy, patience and time, could lead to negotiations and common understanding. 

gooni   

Snm dagaalkeedu xaq ma'ahayn wayna ogyihiin xaqiiqda dhabta ah, intooda waayo aragaa 

ilmahaaga hadaad xaaraan ku quudisana aakhirka ayagaa dila.

Erayga jihaadkana way ku xad gudbeen si xad dhaafa. 

Jihaadka wuxuu kuu banaan yahay markii diintaada maalkaaga cirdigaaga laguugu yimaado.

Alle wuu abaal mariyaa qofkii ku dhinta, markaad xaqaas ku dhimato waxaad qaadan kartaa magaca (mujaahid)

Ma'ahan qof kastoo marqaan dhidid ka keeno in loogu yeero mujaahid.

Intaas aan kor kusoo sheegay waa loo ilaalin jiray laguma xad gudbin waa xaqiiq warkaan idiin sheegayo.

Towbadu way u furan tahay snm jiilka beenta loo sheegay walaalihiin soomaaliyeed wax la qaybsada habrahaan masii wada socon karaan qabiilna qaran ma noqon karo ama heesa ama buraanbura.

Hadii aad ka dhaga adaygtaan waxaa imaan doonta maalin uusan misaan lahayn hadalkiinu, habrahoo dhana godkooda biyo ugu galaan

Waa talo walaalkiin soomaaliyeed waayo waxaan ogahay inaad soomaali sax ah tihiin.