Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Letter to the members of the Somali Diaspora

Letter to the members of the Somali Diaspora

Nairobi, 12 June 2008

Asalaam Aleikum:

At the outset, I would like to thank you all for your patriotic support for the Somali peace agreement which was initialed in Djibouti on 9 June 2008. I received many phone calls and emails expressing backing for the agreement and the consensus that was reached between the Parties.

There is still much work to be done. Your country would sincerely appreciate your help in persuading the international community that they will now need to provide full practical support as promised. This is especially true if we are to ensure that the Parties keep to their promises particularly for setting up an international stabilization force and ensuring humanitarian access. The Parties themselves called for the international community to provide adequate resources for the Agreement.

We will be working hard to organize the Joint Security Committee and the High Level Committee as well as the conference on political cooperation, Justice and Reconciliation and the one on Reconstruction and Development outlined in the Agreement. These are crucial for the success of the peace efforts.

There are high hopes that this will be the beginning of Somalia regaining its sovereignty, independence and pride.

As many of you will recall, in the past it was Somalia that was instrumental in helping reconciliation between Bangladesh and Pakistan after the 1971 war with Sheikh Mujibur Rehman being brought to Lahore in the Somali Foreign Minister’s plane to attend the Organization of Islamic Conference summit in Pakistan. It also helped to broker peace between Tanzania and Uganda. We would like to see Somalia regain its role as a responsible, respected nation that can act as peace maker.

We have had a long dark night which has lasted 18 years. We must now all do our best to put this nightmare behind us and look forward to a new beginning.

Yours Faithfully

Ahmedou Ould-Abdallah

Abtigiis   

War ninkani yuunna ku meeraysan fruitless moral appeals ee Ethiopia ha ugu baaqo inay ka baxdo Somalia. We have plenty of that talk from all quarters.

^^Englinsh is my 3rd language so here's what it means in Arabic adeer;

حاله التشتت لشعب بحيث يستقرون في دول أخرى

Skipper   

xiinfanin i havent learned anything yet, i am still stucked in ignorance corner. I wish i could speak arabic but unfortunaly i dont, can you explain it in somali atleast.

^^Soomaali waa luqaddayda koowaad adeer Illaahna waa i baray. Diaspora waxaa laga wadaa, Jaaliyad duruuf dalkooda ka jirtaa ku kalliftay inay dalal kale degaan oo ku dhaqmaan . Soomaalidu waxay leeday dad qurbaha ku dhaqmay oo dani ku kalliftay inay hijro ku noolaadaan maadaama dalkoodii dagaallo sokkeeye iyo kuwa shisheeyaba hareeyeen. Ninka dhanbaalka kor ku qoran daabacay wuxuu farriintiisa ku wajahay dadka soomaalida ah ee aan kor ku qeexay.

Haddaadan weli garan, dadkaa adaa ka mid ah saaxiib. Haddaadan weli garan intaana, shiddo kale ku haysa baan u malaynayyaa Skipperow!

NGONGE   

Skipper,

Have you heard of the story of the Jews and how they were lost for 40 years? That's where the word came from and it refers to people living outside their land because of circumstances out of their control.

Ngonge:

Have you heard of the story of the Jews and how they were lost for 40 years? That's where the word came from and it refers to people living outside their land because of circumstances out of their control.

Actually, the jews wandered around Mount Sinai for forty years because of their disobedience, that punishment is also confirmed in the Qur'aan (they breached their covenant after having being liberated from the Pharaon injustices).

As for "Diaspora", the term was used when jews fled, mainly towards Europe and around the Medtierranea sea, as a consequence of the Roman Invasion (around 2000 years ago, but the greek word may have been used earlier it seems, ie in the Greek translation of the old testament).

waryaa ma anagaa JEEEWISH nagu sheegeysaa??? YAAH !! waa yaab WALAHI.

WARYAA i am DISAPORA: i am SOOMAALI waryaa!

i am not from mountain isniin WARYAA.

WARYAA amba ROMAN ayaa invade gareyey dalkayga WARYAA. marka I AM not a jewy!

The Zack   

lol@waryaa, you overused the word sir, are you mad because you have been called diaspora? Well, according to the meaning of the word you are one. Unless you live in Somalia or wherever you are from.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by dhulQarnayn:

waryaa ma anagaa JEEEWISH nagu sheegeysaa??? YAAH !! waa yaab WALAHI.

WARYAA i am DISAPORA: i am SOOMAALI waryaa!

i am not from mountain isniin WARYAA.

WARYAA amba ROMAN ayaa invade gareyey dalkayga WARYAA. marka I AM not a jewy!

:D

warya who said u were jewish, warya?