Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Garowe: Cabinet reshuffle ;

3. Dr. Da'uud Maxamed Cumar - Qorsheynta & Xirrirka Caalamiga ah

Minster of Planning and International Relations

4. Prof. C/Qaadir C. Xaashi - Wasiiru dawlaha Qorsheynta & Xirrirka Caalamiga ah

Puntland State Minister of Planning and International Relations

5. Eng. C/risaaq Yuusuf Cilmi - Ku xigeenka Qorsheynta & Xirrirka Caalamiga ah

Assistant Minister of Planning and International Relations

Originally posted by AwMuuse Ismaciil:

What is interesting is that Samatar got
axed
and has been replaced by Yusuf Ahmed Khayr who was sacked as head of the police by Adde Muuse in the last government and is known to be a good friend of the President.

He is also the father of horseedmedia's owner. Definitely I would have preferred someone strong in that position, which Samatar was not btw but Yusuf Ahmed Khayr for me is rather a gentle option, he is a wadaad as well rumoured to be linked with
Al-Itihad who have reformed
and it seems Faroole is heavily relying on now. I welcome it if they can bring the necessary change but Yusuf is a gentle option but god willingly I wish him all the best. Maybe a calm and measured
approach
is what is needed and dialogue and not someone who is to strong willed and rigid.

Faarax Adan Dhalac was expected to get axed as the President was very much patient with him through out the last year. Farole made a mistake in firstly selecting him and that's why he brought this reshuffle in place to get rid of the people he who wrongly put in the government in the first place and who he no longer trusts. Dhalac was in open rebellion and it was visible to everyone.

Saciid Maxamed Raage former Fisheries Minister who got the sack from the last government due to politically motivated allegations on his person which have not yet been proven to be correct either way has been brought back. He was a former Presidential Candidate and
was
in direct challenge with Farole at the last election. His 'clan' has been accused of being behind of the some of the trouble in Bosaso and I think this has been facilitated to please some of the feelings of deprivation amongst that clan and will proof a crucial step in bettering Bari region's overall security together with the new
mayor and governor
of the region.

The last bit which is of great interest is the replacement of Dhalac with Dr. Dauud Maxamed Cumar who is someone well known in Lasanod and also rumoured to have links with the
reformed Al-Itihad moverment
, that have so much space in Faroole's government and trust, that it is said, that it is a welcome move indeed as someone who can finish of tasks and do the work required.

The
interesting
bit is the
Junior Minister for Planning and Internatioanl Cooperation
which has been given to the PDF President Prof Abdiqadir Abdi Hashi an influential man from Toronto who is really inspiring. He will assist the
Minster for Planning and International Co-operations
Dr. Dauud Maxamed Cumar in his duties and the day to day activities of that
ministry.

Faroole is serious about the
International
side of Politics and has heavily invested into it by naming a Junior Minister to assist the Department/Ministry for Planning and International Co-operations.

Let's see what these changes will bring inshallaah. Overall nothing surprising really. His focus is on International issues and that is where he will put his energy on.

:D:D

Next the Aw Muse script will link Farole to Al-Itihad movement

That post you referring to is a deputy minister within a government ministry. Hashi has been seleceted to assist the Minister for Planning and International Co-opration and thus holds middle ranking title, which is somewhat higher than a deputy minister but still subordinate and answerable to the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation.

In some cases the Junior minister holds a special designed post and department within the Presidents Office such as Junior Minister Gashaan who is the Junior minister for good governance and Minister Jimcaale who is a Junior Minister for Democratisation and Federal Affairs.

So don't confuse up the portfolios and learn more about it. Your uncle is doing fine and belated congratulations.

^ :D War I don't have anything on Al-Ithihad AL-Islami wallaahi I'm one of their supporters and religiously speaking I'm much more in tune with them rather then anything else as I consider myself a follower of the same doctrine.

But what I don't like is violence and civil strife and you know it. They have the right and Farole is doing great in appointing them afterall they're well connected, influential and have the peoples trust. And they can bring about change. Although Faroole is rumoured to be tabliiq orientated but nevertheless he has a heritage of wadadism in himself judging by the title of his father Sheikh Maxamed Maxamuud a well known religious scholar in Eyl, Nugaal.

So everything's good the case with Gaalkacyo and its mayor and the newly named Governor for Bari region just what it is needed. Maybe the next step is to change the PIS or rather disband them altogether? :D

A move you would not hesitate to welcome. We're in agreement ina'adeer, no misgivings.

^^ :D:D

Faroole once told a gathering of culumaa, that he was trained to be sheekh. Inaan sheekh noqdaa laygu talagalay buu yiri :D

Raggeedii awoowe

The change about PIS is coming believe me the state cannot handle security threats when men with dual loyalties are filled in the ranks of its security apparatus

Faroole is dealing with a bad legacy and for that he has my support and sympathy

No one is against the "religious" groups or individuals, there is no monopoly in faith. Faroole has served in Puntland even before its creation, thus he is as old school as any.

These false distictions are just cover ups, the state needs competence, and if a man is secular or religious matters little so long as he is competent and honest.

The cabinet is way too large. Thats my only problem.

One credit for Faroole, he has employed better men, and fielded a better cabinet than any in our history. He needs to do more to be a transformational leader..

Originally posted by Bigboy:

I agree with Duke on this

I like your uncle also young man, another point of agreement. However you need to go and ask him what his new position is and if he is a deputy Minister in that particular post. :D

Xiin indr true. Lol at faroole being trained as a 'sheekh'.

I totally agree with you, this is a good step in the right direction. The Americans do the same by appoining 'wadaado qunyarsocod' and I believe this is no different.

In the past, there was no room for them to be included as they couldn't pass the khat chewing and alcohol drinking men and 'elite' that had the keys and pulled the strings of power the way they wanted.

They were excluded from power and politics of that state, although they were a vibrant and visible part of the society and community of the land and people they worked so hard for to progress.

Also they engaged with the people more as they were teachers, runners of schools and religious establishments, bulk of businessmen and the people who brought the success, calm and peace to the people and mediated when it was needed and supported and gave a helping hand to the government.

In short they were an Institution without recognition and from this and former happenings we can conclude that the wadaado are also human beings and strive to hold public office and now it is good that they have been given the opportunity on an official level to show to the people what they can do and are capable of.

I believe they should not be side tracked or excluded but included and have a share of the ruling elite only then can real peace come about. Puntland has always been a pioneer and with this it is no different.

The same rights granted now to the wadaado it's the same reason why like minded religious organisations/movements rose up not only in southern Somalia but through-out the world because they lacked that inclusion and recognition.

But to joke with you I don't want them to have the overall card and power as this would be quiet dangerous reasoning being that our wadaado are not that strong and sooner rather than later they would be on a satellite phone to Xamar and would get instructions to the best way they could be made deputies to the agendas and schemes of the wadaado from Xamar. :D:D

So that's why I don't trust our wadaado and I don't mind them being included into the government but no to an take over just yet. :D It's a start and I support it very much.

Thankful   

xiinfaniin,

I don't think Faroole is dealing with any significant bad legacy. There is certain things that previous admin can be blamed for, but the levels of assasination and violence that has gone on has never occured in our history. Assasinatoins Ministers, Judge, Governor, Parliamentarians. Mostly by fellow Puntlanders and countless other civilians.

Never before, even during the time the ICU was most powerful and the problems with Jama ali Jama and Abdullahi Yusuf, we have never seen such a lack of respect for government officals(from our own puntland population).

If the PIS is at fault than the blame lays with the government for not changing it yet, it could have done it a long time ago! Maybe they dont want to so they can have someone to take the heat???

There is incidents that have happened that no other government has ever experienced, which is a high level of Puntland on Puntland violence.

Sophist   

Good morning from Garowe,

Waa maalin dadka qaarkii ey careysan yihiin, qaar kalena damaashaad ey ku jiraan.

Sophist

^Abu hebel adigaa ninyahow..loool

Yaa careysan yaana damaashaadaya?

How are the people on the ground feeling about this-forget the disgruntled diaspora?