Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Garowe: Cabinet reshuffle ;

It's true that Samatar was disliked and there was much reservations on his persona (putting it diplomatically) but I believe this was due because of him being in that position for to long without any effective results. The previous administration failed in many of its objectives regarding Security and for Faroole to keep Samatar was nothing short of appeasing his base and on top he and Faroole understand each other but due to lack of achievements he had to sack him at the end.

I will not cry for Samatar but equally Yusuf Ahmed Khayr failed in his previous security commitments and has proven to be a soft hand/arm in his previous job as head of the Police.

But I doubt Ina Ahmed Khayr will bring any change and the whole Security and DDR position should be scraped and be brought under the Ministry for Interior, Local governments and Rural Development and instead create an government agency for security that falls directly under the Presidents Office.