Sign in to follow this  
Thankful

Journalist Freed - She says she was tortured by southerns holding her

Thankful   

CTV

Quite sad! She says on her radio interview that she was beaten and tortured and kept in extremely extremely difficult conditions.

My question is, where is the outrage on here from these criminals in the South? Don't you think if the Al Shabaab or who ever is there had any power, they could have prevented this. The fact they held them for over a year tells you how unorganized the south is, yet some here have the nerve to bash Puntland.

This is my WHOLE POINT,

People talk about the alleged corrupt and torture of Puntland and the Ethiopians on ONLF rebels, but completely ignore monsters that torture an innocent woman.

You're talking about one person,,, don't u know a whole MARKAB with almost 20 innocent persons on board are held in xeebaha Bugland for months ?? ,,, :D

Thankful   

This is something to laugh about? Every single kidnapping victim in Puntland said they were treated well by their captives, NONE have said they were tortured! None have been held captive for that long. They are all criminals don't get me wrong and will answer to God, but the milita from the south tortured a WOMAN. What she claims happened, has never been said about any Puntland victim.

Yet we got people on here talking about how oppressive Puntland is. Ignoring the fact they got worse monsters.

Juje   

She says she was tortured by
southerns

:D

Listen to the interview and all you hear will be Somalia and Somalis.

Alla maxaa dad jiraan.

Thankful   

That makes no sense it's like saying Somali pirates captured a ship in the Gulf of Aden. But we know what region they came from if the attack took place there, just like this kidnapping case she was taken near mogadishu, we know who took her!!!

Unlike NW Somalia and Puntland that have names, the area in the south does not. She was kidnapped near Mogadishu. I hope there is outrage about her claims of torture.

The Zack   

Originally posted by Juje:

quote: She says she was tortured by
southerns

Listen to the interview and all you hear will be Somalia and Somalis.

Alla maxaa dad jiraan.

The poster is making it sound like the Caddaan lady knows/cares about Somali clans. Southerners kulahaa! He is almost saying hey these kidnappers are not from my clan. We are good, they are bad.LOL Waryaa Somali weeye nimanku.

ThankfulSP you are missing the point, the fact that there is outrage is good for Puntland to correct it mistakes. We need to hold Somali leaders to high standard to protect human rights and when that happens is the day we will be able to join the civilized world.

Thankful   

Peace action, I agree with you. I think President Faroole needs to wake up and start showing some leadership. He is allowing the media to say what they want, the whole walking out on Pres Sharif and the calling Somalis in the "O", not from Somalia, are ridiculous. I don't know whats going on over there, now Garoweonline is releasing statements from the government and it's ministers regarding issues, not Puntlandgovt.com.

My only issue with people like Zack and his gang is that they want to find any negative news they can and attack Puntland, but then they are silent when women are tortured near Xamar.

But I agree, constructive criticism is good. Is President Faroole listen, I dont think so.

Ibtisam   

Loool This is so sad.

When you compare a so called "state" with a war zone in an effort to score a point.

All you low expectation puntilanders should be thoroughly ashamed!! There is an outrage against puntiland because the expectations are different and you keep telling us you are different and you have law and order and yad yad ya, so great, so successful, so yad yad ya, better, stable, just yad and some more yad. So it is logical to expect better conditions, treatment- heck kidnapping should not even happen there. Unless of course you are taking all that cantrabaqash back and saying puntiland is just as part of the chaos as moqdisho, and we should expect the same things that would happen in a war zone.

How on earth did this fella turned a story of a kinapped lady into a Southners are monsters thread, lowest of lows.

How are we expected to move on from tribal mentality while folks like this are still amongst us.

P.S and for your info the souh have mainly moved from Tribal politics, to an Ideological one these days, the various factions in Mid/South Somalia is seeing relatives on different camps and detest each other more than they do for North-eastern Somalia.

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Loool This is so sad.

When you compare a so called "state" with a war zone in an effort to score a point.

All you low expectation puntilanders should be thoroughly ashamed!! There is an outrage against puntiland because the expectations are different and you keep telling us you are different and you have law and order and yad yad ya, so great, so successful, so yad yad ya, better, stable, just yad and some more yad. So it is logical to expect better conditions, treatment- heck kidnapping should not even happen there. Unless of course you are taking all that cantrabaqash back and saying puntiland is just as part of the chaos as moqdisho, and we should expect the same things that would happen in a war zone.

:D:D waad la heshay.

ThankfulSP - war ninyahow isku xishood oo wax iskula har.

P.S. BTW - what happened to the alleged baby being born to the female captive?

As far as we know Punland was part of the south region, like it or hate it. Ask XaajiXunjuf and Co and they will tell you "You are all ismadhaanto Koonfurians" :D

MZanzi   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

You're talking about one person,,, don't u know a whole MARKAB with almost 20 innocent persons on board are held in xeebaha Bugland for months ?? ,,,

:D:D:D:D You have a point!

Thankful   

Resistance, don't change this into a tribal matter. I am not calling people from the south monsters, but the guys that tortured and abused this woman are the monsters.

Like I've said, people ran with the ONLF situation in Puntland and called it's government corrupt and brutal. But those same people are remaining silent when their leadership have guys that torture women. Where is the same outrage now, why are they silent? If you are going to criticize Puntland for abuses, you have to be willing to criticize the group that carried out this injustice.

Now if President Sharif only controls Villa Somalia and a few streets, who controls the rest of Mogadishu and it's surronding towns? Are they to be blamed for the torture of this woman? Or for not being able to negotiate her release quicker, over 1 year is unbelievable.

I have yet to hear of the Male photographers ordeal. But I suspect he was subjected to the same treatment.

I am not trying to comparing Puntland to the south or that it has law and order, I am just pointing out that some of you were talking about Puntland authorties torturing prisoners, now I want to hear the same outrage about this LADY who is saying she was tortured at the hands of who ever controls that area?

THIS GROUP FROM THE SOUTH TORTURED A WOMAN, think about it for a second!