Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Girls Girls Girls

. Better still, go to their houses and sit with them when they’re not wearing any Masar or Xijaab. Watch how quickly they scramble to wear a Masar (not a full Xijaab) the minute a man arrives

No need for the house visit - I know exactly what you referring too. This swift action is not only for the purpose of religion but also a culture influence. SO yes we have mixed & matched, and I will probably be the first to admit i'm doing it to a certain extent, I guess we all are but we do tend to concentrate on the part we don't fit into ;) ....

I bow out, enough said. I'll let others have their say

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Try to wear a proper form of Xijaab or none at all. This halfway thing makes the women look bald!

What exactly is the proper form of Hijaab?

What does it look like? and exactly which culture has the proper form of hijab?

Qac Qac,

I have. So tell me, what color, shape, texture, size, thickness of material is the proper form?

And what current culture is doing it the right way? Can you answer that SIMPLE questions since we are all so focused on the clothing of women?

Ngonge,

It's a very simple question.

NGONGE   

Any of these will do I suppose:

Hijab1.jpg

DSCF0012-L.gif

qiyam.gif

and........

BB-Hijab-sansvoile2.jpg

^^^ :D:D:D

Hope all of that was to your liking, Your excellency. icon_razz.gif

Jumatatu   

^^^Ngonge pal in one of this days you will be charged with the improper use and without authority publishing or using as an example pictures of innocent people especialy of the opposite gender

OG_Girl   

Ngonge...waryaa why putting my picture here...I have to report you to the admin...this is a gross violation of privacy. :mad: :mad: ..and anyone thinking..please note the above picture is not mine.

Jumatatu   

Ngonge adeero I was complaining about female pictures...but the picture of Qac Qaac with 3D sunglasses is ok with me

NGONGE,

My dear, the only things those pictures tell me is that you are somewhat colour-blind and partial to the Arabic-style xijaab. However, I am not sure what makes you think that that version (Khimaar and cabaaya?) should be the universal xijaab for all Muslim women regardless of their national/cultural clothing/dress.

Now, disregarding the fashionistas' trend for the masar with huge earings, exactly what is wrong with using the garbasaar as a form of xijaab? Who is to say that a piece of nylony material fastened with pins, worn with a long loose outer garment is better that a garbasaar wrapped around the body? I dare say they both do the job quite well. Both my grandmother and great-grandmother have worn it most of their lives and prefer to still wear it in this country also. And just for clarifications, these are not women known for flashing their hair or body parts. Now would you like to go and inform them about what they have been doing wrong all this time? smile.gif

Now getting back to the masar-style headscarf, who cares? Not me thats for sure!

Originally posted by Devil's Advocate:

Qac Qac,

I have. So tell me, what color, shape, texture, size, thickness of material is the
proper
form?

And what current culture is doing it the right way? Can you answer that SIMPLE questions since we are all so focused on the clothing of
women
?

DA,

That is black, rectangular, smooth, 1/2-yards long, 3-inches thick material. Thats the recommended hijaab. The proper one, you understand.

The Arab culture is currently doing it right, I believe. Kohl eye-make is optional.

Men eh? Always wanting to control every part of a woman's life. What next do you think? Or has it all been tried already?

<---- Rolling eyes sarcastically.

Let us discuss something we have never discussed b4...

Why jeans - especially Levis- should be banned for men.

1) We dont want to see your lunch-boxes.

2) Tying your belt around your knees really doesnt do much for your modesty

3) You shouldn't be wearing trousers in the first place. What's wrong with the khamiis?

4)Its xaraam.

To be continued...

Blessed   

^^Salaams sweet one!

I think that topic, 'the dress code of the Muslim man' deserves a thread of it's own. These beardless, jeans wearing, six pac falshing farax's are in dire need of good naseeha....

*shakes head in utter disgust*

NGONGE   

Heh. Calm down, Bee!

It’s not only your grandmother who wore the garbasaar, dear. All our mothers and grandmothers did (do). My entire point in this thread is about the Masar. It’s something that does EXIST in Somali society and many people mistake it for being the proper form of Xijaab. Was I wrong in attempting to enlighten those that don’t know and remind those that do? Shoot me!

Devil’s Advocate asked for a description of a Xijaab (go on, describe one and I bet you that it would look like any of the above). Oh, just one more point, the third photo with the little girl is not a photo of an Arab girl.

I’m glad I started this topic, methinks lots of the protesting sisters on here are closet Masar wearers. STOP IT NOW!

Seriously though people, not every guy who starts a topic about an incorrect practise does so to antagonise you.

Honestly, some are criticising the thread because I posted some photos in it and some are attacking it because those photos had Arab women in them! I feel cornered here, people! Like some mad man once said on national TV:

I’m not a Sandwich!

Rahima   

DA, Hijab can be of any type but it must fulfil the following seven conditions:

1. Clothing must cover the entire body, only the hands and face may remain visible.

2. The material must not be so thin that one can see through it.

3. The clothing must hang loose so that the shape / form of the body is not apparent.

4. The female clothing must not resemble the man's clothing.

5. The design of the clothing must not resemble the clothing of the non believing women.

6. The design must not consist of bold designs which attract attention.

7. Clothing should not be worn for the sole purpose of gaining reputation or increasing one's status in society.

Therefore any hijab fulfilling these conditions is acceptable in Islam irrespective of which people wear it.

Ameenah,

I think it is about time a thread was begun to dissect the Islamic dress code for men.

Originally posted by Aeryn Sun:

That is black, rectangular, smooth, 1/2-yards long, 3-inches thick material. Thats the recommended hijaab. The proper one, you understand.

This is the first time I've heard that description. Let me refer back to my ayaats and hadiith for a quick minute. And while we're on the subject, why black? and why smooth, if I really want to wear---wool.

Rahiima, yes that is my current understanding of it. but it doesn't explain exactly what STYLE of hijaab is the correct way. which is the point I am trying to make to Ngonge. It's very VAGUE, and subject to INTERPRETATION by different cultures, ethinicities and races. and yes, People who reside in the west have a different culture, even if they happen to be muslims.