Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Girls Girls Girls

NGONGE   

I was about to go into a big rant about you clutching at straws there, DA! Was going to go into another long explanation quoting the photos above and the comments of other people in this thread, but then I read Rahima’s post one more time and I think it answered all your questions. Here it is again (just me being irksome): icon_razz.gif

DA, Hijab can be of any type but it must fulfil the following seven conditions:

1. Clothing must cover the entire body, only the hands and face may remain visible.

2. The material must not be so thin that one can see through it.

3. The clothing must hang loose so that the shape / form of the body is not apparent.

4. The female clothing must not resemble the man's clothing.

5. The design of the clothing must not resemble the clothing of the non believing women.

6. The design must not consist of bold designs which attract attention.

7. Clothing should not be worn for the sole purpose of gaining reputation or increasing one's status in society.

Therefore any hijab fulfilling these conditions
is acceptable in Islam irrespective of which people wear it.

I ask the question not because I didn't understand what the HIJAB is, but was suggesting that your knowledge of the female hijab is rather limited ngonge.

And I mean that in the most nicest way ;)

NGONGE   

^^^ Heh. I'm more than happy to confess to my shortcomings, dear. It's one of those things that make me interesting, charming, great, humble and all in all, the irresistible person that I am. :D

Ladies, my knowledge of the Xijaab is very limited so I will not conduct a sermon on that particular matter. However, my crusade against that tiny garment favoured by the Romania dwelling, Oxford street walking, gold-toothed street beggars, continues.

:mad:

When out and about in banaanka, do not wear a bandana.

^Ngonge,

Well, I don't mean to be harsh to you since you are one of my favorite posters on here, but I find something wrong with people critizing others by what they wear. What she has on her head is not a bandana, but she is fulfulling a part of her hijab (covering the hair). Most of the Hijab is invisible, since its internal and we place so much emphasizes on what girls wear or should wear, it's pathetic.

NGONGE   

DA, I think you're overreacting a little here. At the start of this thread I stated that this was by no means an attack or criticism of women. It's something I've noticed and decided to comment on. I'm not in charge of anyone here and I can't force people to abide by my rules. I only dispense whatever little advice I have. As I'm sure you would do the same had you had to remind/correct people on a practise which you perceived to be wrong. redface.gif

Criticism for criticism's sake does not float my boat (unless I'm *****ing about someone of course - which reminds me..that raula! I mean honestly! Yesterday she...... :eek: ).

I shall now retire from this thread and go sulk in the corner until one of you girls comes after me and "sasaab" me into coming back. :(

raula   

Alaa! Raula iska baadey. Mandhow ;) , Raula xaykutarte icon_razz.gif Ariiree :D Raula iska dhaaf mandow, laakin hadi ad dhoneysid inadh minyaaro icon_razz.gif kadhigatid, banaanka isasodhig mandhow icon_razz.gif , makaste :cool:

Qac Qaac   

Raula af jinniga dhaga dhaaf pls.

DA if u know ur hijab. then don't ask us.

Jumumato, magac foolxumidaa malagaa iibsaday. u like my glasses lol.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

I shall now retire from this thread and go sulk in the corner until one of you girls comes after me and "sasaab" me into coming back.
:(

Yeah, you do that. Let's just hope you've learnt your lesson. :mad:

PS: The only 'sasab' you're likely to get is a shower of boiling milk. :mad:

Ngonge,

You've gone to bury your head in the sand?

This is a discussion brother, and at that, a topic you started.

You state your opinion about how girls wear their hijabs nowadays, but in the same breath say that you are in no way criticizing them....go figure. If I got it twisted, then I apologize.

NGONGE   

^^^ Saasab accepted. :D

What took you so long though? :rolleyes:

By the way, don't take much of what I say too seriously. I'm just making conversation here.

U find that shocking Ngonge? Well, there is a somali girl in my college who wears:

1. Very long, loose skirts that touch the floor

2. Long, thick shirts and jackets

3. Then wears the hijab like a masar.

I wanted to go up to her and tell her what was the point?....laakin she knows her religion as muc has i do.....and probably would not have appreciated my advice.

Originally posted by Shabella:

U find that shocking Ngonge? Well, there is a somali girl in my college who wears:

1. Very long, loose skirts that touch the floor

2. Long, thick shirts and jackets

3. Then wears the hijab like a masar.

I wanted to go up to her and tell her what was the point

What was the point? That she has her entire body covered except a few strands of hair. I think you are missing the point.

Innalhamdulillah....

I think some of us are fortune enough to know what the proper Hijab is, some of us do not, and some of us know what is it, but we do not have the courage or iman to put it to practice.....Ngonge was just simply saying this is not a proper Hijab, point well taken.... Perhaps someone who wasnt aware of this fact learned a valuable lesson after reading his Post, Wa Allahu 'Alim....

Juxa   

sa wr wb,

gaal dil, gartiisana sii.

i never though i would but ngonge has touched few nerves :D mine included

bee and ameenah u had me going fiqfiqfiq

bck to the topic, Ngonge has a point, iam self confessed, i wear masar, it bothers me, cause i know better. i should cover the whole thing, bt as ameenah says, the transaction is slow, insha allah our sisters will get there.

ngonge's point is, if u gonna do it do it,,,,,,one way or another. duqa does not like half jobs.

its cultural thing too, bck in somalia our mothers used to wear shaash-xariir, which is more or less same as the pic posted above. now we know better.......diinti waa la fahmay, no excuses.

insha allah,,,,we will do the right way.

Ngonge, u made me feel bad :rolleyes: