Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Girls Girls Girls

NGONGE   

Does any of you wear this form of Xijaab?

{ There was a photo here }

STOP IT! NOW! :mad:

NGONGE   

^^^Ignore my last comment on the other thread. I was being a little thick, I guess.

Back to this thread;

This is in no way an attack on Somali women and if the usual suspects arrive and start having arguments with DA and OG-Girl over it, I hope nobody blames me.

I dislike the look of this form of Xijaab. It does nothing for the woman. It does not cover much of her hair and makes her ears look ugly (some women even wear big dangly earrings on top of that!). My honest, really sincere and brotherly advice to you all is to stop wearing your Xijaab in such a way. Tell your friends not to do it, tell your female relatives not to do it. Try to wear a proper form of Xijaab or none at all. This halfway thing makes the women look bald!

It also reminds me of those Romanian gypsies you see in the West End of London. They too wear the same style masar and walk around begging for money with about five kids hanging from each arm. :(

Blessed   

^^lol! It’s aight huuno, thickness is good for the soul, or so they say. :D

On the masar thing, to be fair starting to wear the hijab can be (practical) nightmare for sisters, more so for the fashionistas amongst us.

So this is a starting point for many. It’s also endorsed by the fashion industry which is why it’s so popular with both Muslim / none-Muslim ladies.

I do agree with yiu though. It’s pointless. I wore the ‘masar’ (I didn’t call it hijaab mind you) like that for a while and felt ****** ....

IL CAPO   

You could have made your point without the picture

as there was no need for you to expose her like that.

Ngonge,Ume Gongwa na mti kwa kichwa nini,Niaje Beste? :confused:

Rahima   

It's not xijaab. It's just a piece of material covering the hair.

Xijaab is far greater and more noble than this.

NGONGE   

Somalsijui, the photo was already on the net, saaxib. I had to give a visual example of what I was talking about. I didn't catch your last sentence, man. I seem to have lost the reception. :rolleyes:

Jumatatu   

And to think you are the father of two beautiful daughters, saxiib Ngonge. Please and please it is not fair on that girl so get her picture out from there...

.... smile.gif thanx saxiib I knew u wil understand

OG_Girl   

Originally posted by:NGONGE

This is in no way an attack on Somali women and if the usual suspects arrive and start having arguments with DA and OG-Girl over it, I hope nobody blames me.

Well, I could be nice and stay outta your topic so these wont come and spoil your topic.But again come on these poor souls love my OG_Girl's nick. Let me be lil open minded here and say ...Oooops open minded is a CRIME and people who are (suspiciouslly) open minded are public enemy and should take their somaliness away redface.gif

Back to the topic on hand( I seen the girl)she was cute but lil chubby :D .

Ooooh was the hijab what I had to talk about!.. ok ok, let me back to as Islamic Law student(I am ) "Hijab" in dictionarry ofcourse is arabic word comes or root of word (hajaba) means

" covered"* from others or " hided it"* or better word is (Protected)* from harm. Is she hidding the things should give that word

" Hijab " ?

Again, Maybe you call hijab but she meant as a fashion and wasn't that word "hide" or "Protect" in her mind.

Salam

NGONGE   

Juma, the photo is gone but now you'll have to explain to newcomers what we're talking about here. icon_razz.gif

Jaabir   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Juma, the photo is gone but now you'll have to explain to newcomers what we're talking about here.
icon_razz.gif

post it again...

Jaabir   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Juma, the photo is gone but now you'll have to explain to newcomers what we're talking about here.
icon_razz.gif

Post it again..

Jumatatu   

^^^^thax again sxb...

Ok people my distant uncle Ngonge was talking about the different 'xijaab' worn by our sisters. He took an example of a girl wearing a jeans, open chested shirt, and a masar on the head..and asked whether this was permisabble....

Ok Ngonge, hope this is a fair description of your picture

NGONGE   

^^^^thax again sxb...

Ok people my distant uncle Ngonge was talking about the different 'xijaab' worn by our sisters. He took an example of a girl wearing a jeans, open chested shirt, and a masar on the head..and asked whether this was permisabble....

I have no problem with the shirt and jeans (not for the purposes of this discussion anyhow). I only wanted to point out the masar. :(