Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

Chief Clown Farah Moallim Daware refused entry to Garoowe State Capital of Puntland

Ibti-The Zack and Dajiye will remind Farax of roots :D

I think Duke, Xiin (maybe not so much) and Puntlanders fail to understand is that La Anod or for that matter all the north is part of Somalia-so it coming under Somaliland admin is not about Puntland losing a city. It is about seceding from Somalia. This is how SL boys entrap by turning the issue Somaliland vs Puntland rather than seeing it for what is and that's secession from Somalia proper.

LooooooooL@adiga iyo cowke...much made in heaven eh.

STOIC   

This Maalim guy's name is all over this corner...I remember this dude back in the mid 90's when he was a member of parliament...I believe he is more closer to the Puntland brothers than Somalilander's. For him to speak his guts and say what he felt about Somaliland is a bit courageous (though a bit irresponsible too for a Kenyan Somali leader to take sides in Somali politics-I'd have said the same had he questioned Somaliland legitimacy) .I will say this of course with bias, his community (clan) were NOT always the most hospital people to Somalilander's in Kenya since they are the majority.I have a few bone to pick with their leaders for age old SNM politics in Kenya.

My Kenyan politics is a bit rusty, but having lived through Moi era in Kenya I doubt if this implications will tarnish Maalim's reputation after all Kenyan polticians switch principles for anything...

Che: Adeer you made no point. If the secessionist enclave was part of Somalia, who would care if LA, was in that state or with Puntland?

"Somaliland" main problem is the idea that Somalia can be divided, but that the old colonial British Somaliland can not.

SSC, does not want to be part of the secessionist enclave because of the idea of secession.

Puntland on the other hand as you well known does not covet anyones land, does not even try to muscle in on parts of Galkacyu or Erigavo that does not belong to the state.

Thus Somaliland Vs Puntland = Secession Vs Union, there is nothing else to argue over..

RedSea   

Originally posted by STOIC:

This Maalim guy's name is all over this corner...I remember this dude back in the mid 90's when he was a member of parliament...I believe he is more closer to the Puntland brothers than Somalilander's. For him to speak his guts and say what he felt about Somaliland is a bit courageous (though a bit irresponsible too for a Kenyan Somali leader to take sides in Somali politics-I'd have said the same had he questioned Somaliland legitimacy) .I will say this of course with bias, his community (clan) were NOT always the most hospital people to Somalilander's in Kenya since they are the majority.I have a few bone to pick with their leaders for age old SNM politics in Kenya.

My Kenyan politics is a bit rusty, but having lived through Moi era in Kenya I doubt if this implications will tarnish Maalim's reputation after all Kenyan polticians switch principles for anything...

He didn't take any sides. He simply said as free man, what he saw. And that is peaceful, prospering Somaliland. He also stated that Las Anod is not an 'disputed' town but one under the somaliland authority. Apparently that is all was needed for him to be blackmailed and scrutinized.

He didn't spell out any support for somaliland as far as its independent quest, but did urge the International community to do more in funneling more of the money that goes elsewhere to assist Somaliland.

Our brothers to the East are just envious. They wanted him to extend his trip to Garowe, which obviously he would have done that hadn't the Puntland administration been so hostile to him.

BTW...What is the % of people from Somaliland origin in Kenya(the sujius)?

thanks.

RedSea   

Originally posted by A_Khadar:

If SL were not in Somalia succeding business, SSC people would likely partner with them in many aspects.. True!

Not exactly! The clan factor is dominant in Somali politicking. No one is that nationalist today brother! :D

Liibaan   

Originally posted by Qhalib:

Not exactly! The clan factor is dominant in Somali politicking. No one is that nationalist today brother!
:D

Finally, you admitted that Somalidiidland is clan project, for that reason other clans don't want to be part of your clan project very simple

Somalia will stay united country or each clan will have their own clan-land like Somalidiid-land

STOIC   

Qaliib,

People with ties (origin) to Somaliland are not that many in Kenya, other Somali tribes are majority.We had our share of presence in Kenya, but there is no particular region or city that we concentrate.There were a few prominent Somalilander’s who served in the Kenyan government like Dr. Ishakia, but the numbers are few.Somalilnder’s arrived in Kenya back in the 1930’s (my grandfather generation). There are many friendly and hospitable Somali Kenyans whom I have nothing, but respect and admiration for their growing numbers and presence in Kenyan politics.

Check the link below that talks about the history of people like my grandfather in Kenya who have always dreamed of going back home and supporting the effort of what was British Somaliland back in the days...

Here

Carafaat   

*Ibtisam;424248 wrote:
^^^I just feel sorry for people haadow to.

When he comes out with his report, I would hate to see people grovel and say he is a good man or eat their words; imagine if he has a perfectly good reason. Ya wax dambee ka degisanay after?

Classic thread. Faarax is still a good man and even the pirates would not call him chief clown today. :D

Carafaat   

Saalax;424240 wrote:
The pirates and their double standards when will they grow up and learn that it will never work on somali people nobody is gullible to believe in your "Somalinimo" fake screams, Pirate wolfs in sheeps clothing
;)