AhmedGuled

Do Somalis want to end their doom existence?

Somalia is know globally as a failed state but this does not have to remain. Even if Somaliland is given the green light to join the U.N it will not be the end of its problems but only the beginning as running a state needs educated people.

Somalia since 2012 has had a "government" of sorts but the reality is this government does not control the whole country hence why the use of fragile state instead of failed state would come in. Do Somalis even care about restoring their nation and moving forward? Why don't the Somali elites from the Barre era help the nation? I know we have been in doom since 1991 but the doom can end.

The whole world is becoming increasingly more racist and tribalistic just look at "advanced" Europe moving towards fascism everyday. And America the land of the free becoming more divided and talk of "civil war" is beating louder by the day. Somalis living in the west will face racism and death as the whites lose control of their emotions. Research World War 1 and 2 to find this out. The clock is ticking and I for one do not want to be stuck in a warfield. 

Somalia/Somaliland could be a decent place for our people if the population understood we have no other home. I am in the UK and my family is from Berbera but I too understand I will never be British even with a passport. Somalia needs to turn the corner and it needs to right now before it is too late.

Just now, Che -Guevara said:

Would you work for the greater good  if that means going against your clan's or region's narrow interest?

It would be an easy answer for me since I have been around clan politics all my life. So yes I would in order to keep Somaliland from falling apart or even help Somalia move on.

I think in the coming years the world is going to force Somalis to either work together for a better country or perish in this global fight for survival. 

Khadafi   

So your tribal state, borders by the british, white folks should be accepted by other somalis? What makes you think somalis would want accept white folks borders? Even in your city state, the tribal state, even if you gained a state? Would you better off?  for 30 years you have had semi-tribal stability  built upon a grudge. Once that grudge is gone what makes you think that 1993 and tribal politics that is the standard today would not occur in your city state? Think out of the box. Cadaanka ku gumeystay are uniting so that still be force to reckoned with to plunder Africa and here you are.  Waxyaalo maaba loo jawaabo. Bax qaxwo iyo bun soo cab.

2 hours ago, Khadafi said:

So your tribal state, borders by the british, white folks should be accepted by other somalis? What makes you think somalis would want accept white folks borders? Even in your city state, the tribal state, even if you gained a state? Would you better off?  for 30 years you have had semi-tribal stability  built upon a grudge. Once that grudge is gone what makes you think that 1993 and tribal politics that is the standard today would not occur in your city state? Think out of the box. Cadaanka ku gumeystay are uniting so that still be force to reckoned with to plunder Africa and here you are.  Waxyaalo maaba loo jawaabo. Bax qaxwo iyo bun soo cab.

Somalis  already accepted the  Kenya border with Somalia , and Ethiopia border with Somalia.  After they were defeated in  the shifta war , and 77 war .    Same will happen in somaliland.   All we have to do is to defeat pintland  and that's it.   No any other Somali is threat to our borders.   Markaanu wixii nasoo doontaba layno danba waydun isaga aqbali.  

18 hours ago, Khadafi said:

What else is there? Somalia cannot even control its current borders right now. Somaliland does control the Red sea border and the land border with Ethiopia. This thread is not about Somaliland but why Somalis don't want to end their doom.

We can talk about Somaliland another time. 

Hey guys! Moved my family across the country a couple weeks ago. What a nightmare it would have been without the https://topmovingcompany.net/long-distance-moving/san-francisco/

company. Not only did they assess everything thoroughly, but they actually saved us a ton of time. Stuff is intact and that's what matters most. If you're thinking about moving, definitely go to them!

galbeedi   
On 8/24/2023 at 10:07 AM, AhmedGuled said:

think in the coming years the world is going to force Somalis to either work together for a better country or perish in this global fight for survival. 

This is the best thread you have since you have been here. I really agree your assessment. Most western nations are abandoning their human right tractions, democracy and God forbid they might even discard the rule of law in order to keep certain races to remain power. 

The USA might not even survive in another election that pits these two 80 years old men. Our friend Che used to say that Somalis need an anchor state to survive for the future. If the west goes tribal there is no hope but to plan for another future.

Just look at Sool, people are dying in these plains since 1920. 100 years ago hose wars  for for liberation against British colonialism, and today some are nostalgic for that history.

Nations and people usually have only one flag. No one cares the flag at city hole or the Vermont or California flag, yet each clan had created its own flag and we are paying the price. We might not survive if we don't wise up.

Somalia made some big mistakes in 1970's and 80's. The chief of these mistakes was joining the Soviet Union and the Arab league. Somalia should have been content with just joining the U.N and leave it at that. If Somalia had any natural resources it should have used them before the 21st century as trying to extract fossil fuels today is not going to be welcome as the world is moving beyond fossil fuels. Places like Nigeria and Angola will collapse economical as these states rely heavily on oil exports and both are members of OPEC.

Even Saudi Arabia the world's largest oil exporter is looking elsewhere for future economic growth. Saudis have trillions of U.S dollars to spend on investments that should keep them afloat for sometime but even they are facing a new reality. I don't think SSA will fare well in the 21st century and I do believe there will be more wars and disruptions to come.The crises in West Africa is just the beginning of a massive wave of chaos that will hit Africa hard. You could see 10's of millions of people dying in that part of the world.This is a doom of largely Africa's making and you reap what you sow as they did not use their resources to put their people in a  good place. Even South Africa (The highest GDP per Capita in Africa) will largely fall into economic and political chaos as the white populations move elsewhere because South Africa becomes too dangerous. The world is changing fast and I am surprised how effective the Wagner group have been at destabilising SSA countries. 

So what do Somalis want in this world of climate change and increased competition? Do you want to remain divided and continue to fight amongst yourself and squabble over politics while the world moves on? We are doing everything in our power to make Somalia go extinct and maybe even Somalis as well. If we have natural resources that the world needs, now would be a good time to clean up Somali politics and make the country attractive for western investment. Otherwise we are heading towards a doom of our own making and the world will not save us. Somaliland or Somalia we have no future until Somalis get serious about our state of affairs or maybe we were never meant to be on Earth in the first place?

This will be my last post on this forum and after that I will not return. I will make two points regarding the future of the Somali people and the fate of both Somaliland and Somalia.

The first point is a very simple one and every Somali can understand this and will be able to agree. Somaliland will not get a seat on the U.N NOT because Somalia deems it so but the United States and Europe will make sure it never happens. Which also means whatever natural resources that Somaliland has will not be used well to improve the "country" but looted by the corrupt clans and foreign companies. The war in Laascaanood will continue and spread into other parts of Somaliland until Ina Bixii loses control of the "country". Once I bury my father in Somaliland I will wash my hands with Somaliland and move to America were some of my cousins live. Without a U.N seat Somaliland has no future and I can see this from afar and will make plans to adjust for this. If BAALA XOOFTO and Xaaji Xunjuf think they are going to retire in a peaceful and prosperous Somaliland like some kind Dhabi or Maimi lol...they are in for a quite a shock! They most likely will grow old and die in the U.K.

Point number two. Somalia as a whole has no real natural resources that the world needs. Why do I say this with confidence? Because no Somali government passed or present has made moves to extract those resources. South Sudan had a recent civil war and is now exporting crude oil. Why hasn't Somalia done the same? This is a clear sign the country does not have resources worth extracting. Ontop of not having any resources Somalis are not evolved enough to ask long term questions about the future of their country only a few academics or learned people have asked but on the whole Somalis are more interested in keeping certain clans from power who may advance ahead of them.. What a sick culture. Maybe it is fitting that climate change finally removes the arrogant Somalis from the land to which they have refused to use productively. Don't blame God but blame your useless leaders and sick culture.

I am done. Nabad gelyo

Tallaabo   

It is sad to see you go but I do agree that a primitive form of qabyaalad practised especially by the HA and HJ have effectively put an end to Somaliland. Those who supported the corrupt politicians to create mischief in the society should congratulate themselves. Anyway, good luck with your move to the US, its always better to live in a civilised society. 

You should not go, because SL which was built on injustice is about to collapse.You said,u were in Berbera, Just look around  you, how many fat cats are from HA, work for DP world? how were they selected? were there fair selection process for hiring, forget Harti,  S@maroon, within Isakh community? were they selected by merit, or their family connection?

The problem in Somalis as while is the worse of humans, shameless characters,   come on top, in every position,   where intelligent , people who could make a different are powerless , at bottom

How in the world, we have Biihi, Hassan, Deni  Madoobe as leaders?  

Meel walba rag aan Rabbi, iyo rag aqoon baa dusha maray, wadanka iyo dadka  unaxeeyn.

Arafaat   
12 hours ago, AhmedGuled said:

. If BAALA XOOFTO and Xaaji Xunjuf think they are going to retire in a peaceful and prosperous Somaliland like some kind Dhabi or Maimi lol...they are in for a quite a shock! They most likely will grow old and die in the U.K.

Have a safe trip home, and have a good rest there.

FYI, both XX and Baaloxoofto left SL a long time ago and have no hopes for the country, their game is nowadays to score online points against Dblock during work breaks and defend Heego politics from other envisions enemies. And neither is planning to retire in SL, or has hope in that place but want to keep hope for tolka winning alive and who can blame them. So everyone looses at the end, even Duriyada, nevertheless we should keep hope for the Somali people alive, as our fate is intertwined and interdependent irrelevant whatever wars and structures have been adopted. Keep that in mind young fella.