Illyria

"No extension, election on Jan 8th, and honourable transfer of power" Said A/llahi Deni

Arafaat   
3 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

I am not a fan of Deni and in the end, he is to blame! Having said that, I hope he wins. I don't see Asad, Ina Farole, and Shire being any better. 

The only silver here is no next extension past the end of the term, something for future leaders to consider.

The year 2024 will be a consequential year for Puntland and Somalia.

He won’t win, he hasn’t added anything to Puntland at all, except for toying with the democratic aspirations of the people.

Illyria   

Despite his shortcomings, and there are a few, he is very popular with the locals. I hear Amb. Axmed C Cawad is being groomed for the post, but then again, he is an unknown commodity, and I do not know how much local support there is for his type.

gets interesting

SSC must stay out of PL elections, any small involvements will make things worse for them, politically, and hurt their  new administration

Samafal   

Don't write Deni off yet. He has a good chance.

He has the support of most of Mudug, Sanaag and Bari. SSC is hit and miss and would expect to get a big chunk of them. I don't think any Garowe constituent would assume presidency this year. The closest they would get is if Juxa leaves his minstry position and became a candidate. He is the only viable option to Dani and many people would find him acceptable.

Illyria   

Opposition retracing its steps, and now saying there are not in favour of any extension, in other words opposing Parliament's attempted coup d'etat. 

XUKUUMADDA PUNTLAND OO SHAACISAY IN GEBI AHAANBA LA KALA DIRAYO BAARLAMANKA PUNTLAND

PUNTLANDPOST.NET

Xukuumadda Madaxweyne Deni ayaa shaacisay in ay tallaabooyin sharciga waafaqsan ka qaadayso Baarlamanka Puntland kadib markii uu samaystay mudda kororsi… Sii akhri

GARAAD JAAMAC GARAAD ISMAACIIL OO SHIR ISUGU YEERAY GOLAHA DHAQANKA SSC-KHAATUMO

PUNTLANDPOST.NET

Garaad Jaamac Garaad Ismaaciil oo ku sugan magaalada Laascaanood ayaa shir Wada-tashi ah isugu yeeray golaha dhaqanka SSC-khaatumo. Garaad Jaamac… Sii akhri