Illyria

"No extension, election on Jan 8th, and honourable transfer of power" Said A/llahi Deni

1 minute ago, Illyria said:

It is an old map, and not 100%, but one of the closest  one could find. It is the map the UN and EU use for the old country.

No problem

It is all harti land, 

Illyria   
1 minute ago, maakhiri1 said:

No problem

It is all harti land, 

O' look, shock and horror, I did not realise you knew how to spell H@rti. I am pulling your leg, mate.

1 hour ago, Illyria said:

I was not suggesting they ought to be involved in politics, but I have zero confidence in politicians.

Believe me, Mark my words, the biggest obstacle for SSC and Khatumo from now is those traditional leaders, their ego, their games, just note this down

6 hours ago, Illyria said:

@Miskiin-Macruuf-AqiyaarYou know as much about East and North as I do about SW. Let us compare notes after I have visited Baydhaba later in the year Insha'Allah, granted both Beledweyn and Baydhaba are stable.

Waraa, I have relatives from every corner of Soomaaliya, from Hargeysa to Garoowe to Xamar to Baydhabo to Kismaayo to Gaarisa to Jigjiga. A nephew lives in Hargeysa, a brother's son and his mother. Cousins from qurbaha and their family live in Garoowe. Xamar iyo Baydhabo ha sheegin. Kismaayo a cousin ayaa degan from qurbaha as well. Gaarisana many cousins and their families degan. Jigjiga sidaasoo kale. Cosmopolitan ayaa ahay, qabiil-wise.

Marka waala socdaa waxa gobol walba ka dhacaayo.

Arafaat   
9 hours ago, Illyria said:

You did not know reer Mudug & reer SSC share borders, grazing land, and water wells? They do, perhaps not as extensive as reer Nugaal, but do nonetheless, for example when there is conflict in Cayn, reer Mudug are the first on site before even reer Sool. But you knew that already. Here is a decent map.

You still haven’t the question and discrepancy here. Why include those form outside the region and exclude those from the region.It doesn’t make much sense.  

Illyria   
9 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Believe me, Mark my words, the biggest obstacle for SSC and Khatumo from now is those traditional leaders, their ego, their games, just note this down

Would you extend that to Issims in NE regions? If no, why conclude Garaado to be more of an obstacle than progress? What progress would you say Suldaan C/Salaam, Beeldaaje C/llahi, Garaad Jamac Garaad Cali, Islam Ciise, Islam Bashir to name a few have hindered?

2 hours ago, Arafaat said:

You still haven’t the question and discrepancy here. Why include those form outside the region and exclude those from the region.It doesn’t make much sense.  

I thought you were aware of that, and did not see the need to state the obvious. In principle, Administrations in D block regions do not claim grazing lands of neighbouring clans, and observe clan demarcations, as they exist now, and not as was once, unless of course concerned clans wish to join. Good example is halting advances at Guumays, and not going for Caynaba, albeit we all know the history of the Ceelka Caynaba; other notables are the designations of Eastern Sanaag, and Northern Mudug as part of PL. Making claims is rather reductive, breeds conflict, further alienates neighbouring clans, and most of all does not advance the intent of reconstructing the nation.

The goal of the bottom-up approach, ergo federalism, is creating independent regions, which incubates harmony amongst clans, from which intra-dependencies could be constructed in order to form a harmonious union. A tall order, a lengthy process, imperfect, but desirable!

Now, think about it this way: SW functioning at own pace. JL is budding. GM & HS are trying. Banadir is blossoming. Khatumo is rising. Put SL & PL to aside for now.  Bring along Awdal & Hiran. And envisage in 20 years or so down the road, said State names shall have less significance, with the name Somalia taking the centre stage.

Do you not see the vision? If no, think about where we were in 2000 at Arte. Surely, you could see the gradual progress.

Illyria   
2 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Waraa, I have relatives from every corner of Soomaaliya, from Hargeysa to Garoowe to Xamar to Baydhabo to Kismaayo to Gaarisa to Jigjiga. A nephew lives in Hargeysa, a brother's son and his mother. Cousins from qurbaha and their family live in Garoowe. Xamar iyo Baydhabo ha sheegin. Kismaayo a cousin ayaa degan from qurbaha as well. Gaarisana many cousins and their families degan. Jigjiga sidaasoo kale. Cosmopolitan ayaa ahay, qabiil-wise.

Marka waala socdaa waxa gobol walba ka dhacaayo.

Good man, I know you do, but I am just flailing your soft belly, yet being aware, and truly being intimate with inner goings are two different things, are not they? I could say with confidence I  know little of what goes on in the land of my forefathers, let alone that of my dear mother's, albeit I am now more connected to Somalia than ever, and perhaps a bit more than you do. Or so at least I think.

By the way, what happened to our resident Landers Oodweyne, GameChanger, XX etc? They have not committed mass suicide with the doomed SL project, have they?

33 minutes ago, Illyria said:

By the way, what happened to our resident Landers Oodweyne, GameChanger, XX etc? They have not committed mass suicide with the doomed SL project, have they?

Wali tacsi ayaa u taalo oo asaayda iskama qaadin. Reer Sool si xun ayee u galeen dadkaas, something that never happened in 33 years of dagaalo someeye ku dhacday. Jab weyn oo ay dhahaan jiniyo na soo weeraray.

Xunjuf kibirkiisa maxaa ka dambeeye, meeqo sanaa u digaaye kibirkaan ka joog.

I fear for Xaaji Xunjuf. He seemed most sincere in his belief in jamuuriyada barakeysan and her mighty army.

Puntland,

Would the opposition risk violence and lose political capital for a difference of weeks? Deni has locked himself into an exact date, let him hang himself by that date.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Illyria   
8 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Wali tacsi ayaa u taalo oo asaayda iskama qaadin. Reer Sool si xun ayee u galeen dadkaas, something that never happened in 33 years of dagaalo someeye ku dhacday. Jab weyn oo ay dhahaan jiniyo na soo weeraray.

Xunjuf kibirkiisa maxaa ka dambeeye, meeqo sanaa u digaaye kibirkaan ka joog.

1 hour ago, Che -Guevara said:

I fear for Xaaji Xunjuf. He seemed most sincere in his belief in jamuuriyada barakeysan and her mighty army.

It is truly sad. Some of my relatives are still in the denial phase whilst others have moved on now championing the Somali cause, which is good, I think. Reer Hargeysa mostly seem to have gotten on with life as if nothing happened a few weeks after the shock sank in, but the worse impacted are the HJ folks, who have thrown all their eggs in the Bixi/Taani basket with no reservations.

1 hour ago, Che -Guevara said:

Puntland,

Would the opposition risk violence and lose political capital for a difference of weeks? Deni has locked himself into an exact date, let him hang himself by that date.

From what I hear, since the election schedule has been released, the opposition have  split into 3 camps:
a) More seasoned camp led by Cawad & Co., who are planning to keep the pressure on till the final hour, with their fear being come Feb. 25th, Deni will be tempted to further extend the goal post.
a) The Shiddo/Faroole/Hooley camp, who are prepping for a showdown with Deni & Co. come Jan. 8th.
c) The 3rd camp find themselves sandwiched in between.

The balance is the direction to which Issims tilt the pendulum.

Yet, the bellwether on the side of the general public is on the affirmative turn favouring elections being held smoothly. We shall just have to watch the space, and hope @maakhiri1is wrong in that Issims are not as corrupt and awful as he posits.

3 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

Puntland,

Xaaji was true believer of the secessionist project, will not be surprised if he in the front lines at Oog, or as Samurai, took his own life.

2 hours ago, Illyria said:

It is truly sad. Some of my relatives are still in the denial phase whilst others have moved on now championing the Somali cause, which is good, I think. Reer Hargeysa mostly seem to have gotten on with life as if nothing happened a few weeks after the shock sank in, but the worse impacted are the HJ folks, who have thrown all their eggs in the Bixi/Taani basket with no reservations.

I could be wrong, but I think if the war was in the west (Awdal) and Hargeisa ended up losing, Biixi's community would be smart enough to move on and learn to live with reality. Somehow, JH can't grasp that.

Yet, the bellwether on the side of the general public is on the affirmative turn favouring elections being held smoothly. We shall just have to watch the space, and hope @maakhiri1is wrong in that Issims are not as corrupt and awful as he posits.

What concerns me is the division among the issims. I agree I don't think issimada are not corrupt, but they are giving up a lot of power by going with direct elections. And giving up power is not an easy thing to do.