Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

SON OF THE JACKAL SOMALIA- Togane Poem on A/Yusuf..

Baashi   

I don't know about u WD, but I have my doubts about the Colonel. You see speculating of Abdullahi's political prospects is one thing, being so sure of what the future has in store for Abdullahi is totally different thing altogether.

I think Abdullahi will lose. Here is why: for one he has many political enemies in the this new parliament. Most of the folks who have seats in the parliament are rooting for their clans.

Clanwise Abdullahi's clan constitutes approx. 1/4 of the total votes available. That is 61. Subtract that from 14 of Gedo votes (that much is certain). He can count on 37 votes. The rest is a toss.

Moneywise we know he is not competative. Since some votes will go to the highest bidder, it does not look good there.

Coalitions and alliances play big factor. SRRC didn't do well in getting their members for seats so is TNG and Samatabixinta. Here is where clan politics come into play. There are many folks in Nairobi who believe deep down that for Somalia to have future, Mogadishu must be secured. There is also a mindset among amny players that the seat of presidency must be given to Mogadishu clans to address historical grievences that have to do with the power sharing schemes.

Ali Mahdi, Abdiqasim, etc had similar support in previous attempst to get the state back on its feets for the hope that they would be able to secure the capital.

Considering all this factors mentioned above, I will be surprised if he wins the votes. It is very hard to predict Somali politics anyway; if I were u I wouldn't bet anything on it.

War jiraaba cakaaru imaan.

Xarago, everyone has an opinion, WD has one that Abdullahi will win, Bashi believes that the odds are stacked against him. He maybe right but I believe that there are no more than 50 die hard anti abdullahi group in the Parliment. Including TNG, disgruntled groups, warlords like Qaynyare, Barre Hiirale & Ato . Then there are 100 firm supporters, Puntland, SRRC, his own Somali clan family. That leaves 150 undecided and all he needs is to pursuide 51 of them and I believe he will.

You have to look at who is running against him, and what they are bringing to the game.

Adow, A/Qasin and Sindikow are they as hungry for the position as he is? I believe not.

The argument that Bashi brought forward regarding the President must be from Mogadishuis note worthy, however I believe it has diluted through the experience and the performance of Arta TNG. That was a factor in getting Abdiqasin elected, and look what happened.

Lets see its interesting but I think its the old Colonels time ;)

I share what Baashi said about the chances of A/Y. An other reason is all so-called Business people support anyone that is weak and incapable of running a government. The reason is that its their personal interest to keep Somali the way its now. If the vote for the speaker is anything to go by A/Y will lose with similar reason that Adan Madobe had lost. Another thing at least 45 votes from the north are ready for the highest bidder (A/Y not included). So I think A/Y will lose, as a result he won't accept the new president. But miracles do happen he may just be elected who knows.

the highest bidder (A/Y not included). So I think A/Y will lose, as a result he won't accept the new president. But miracles do happen he may just be elected who knows.

Lol you dont knwo Somali's much then brother....

Rahima   

Generally, any God-fearing Muslim.

Specifically to Somali politics, all who work towards the betterment of our people and homeland (endangered species).

Originally posted by SmithNwestern:

Lol you dont knwo Somali's much then brother....

Thanks Mr Expert :D I don't know what your explanation will be when/if A/Y loses? Disappear :D:D

OG_Girl   

I don't have to agree to understand this guy Togane.

His aim is to amuse and enterrtain Somalis by telling them the bitter truth which liberating!

He dares to write what NO other Somali will address!.

He dares to say publicly what Somalis say about each other behind each other's back!.

All this is his way of addressing things we are facing...I dont agree with him but I totally understand him and don't bother me at all.

Salam

Blessed   

^^^I agree with ya on that.

He is rather funny. I prefer him to the closet qabiilists. Ya’ll know the type, who pretend not to know anything about tribalism but bash other qabiils when in their safe haven.

Toogane is poking fun at Somalis as a whole - using the very characteristics they inflict on each other. This shows them all up as fools in a fool’s game. Ya’ll should read the 'funny fish' poem.

Astaaqfirullah, I know it's xaraam to entertain such things but I can’t help but laugh. Silly man. Silly nation.

As for Somalia's president. I dhoon keer, the first one is always a howler anyway.

Getting a government is a huge achievement... Getting an active government will be a miracle.

Regaining peace would be a dream come true.

OG-Girl....I couldn't agree more.

i

Smith--Ina Yeey is pyshcopath...Iam not sure if he is the answer. The man is so obsessed with becoming president-if he does become president, he will just be more obsessed retaining the presidency...and then it will be deja vu all over again for the Somali people.

Blessed   

Mr WD

I didn’t say it couldn’t happen. Is it going to happen is another question entirely. I guess will have to wait and see.

However, as Togane hints in his poems; it’ll take a major social make- over before it becomes a reality. Somalis will have to get over ‘themselves’ before they make any progress.

This is my favourite part…

Seahorses eat their own kids

all Somali Klans are seahorses

all Somalis feast upon their own kind

all Somalis eat their own kids

all Somalis make sure to foreclose

the future of their own kids

for we are all mad

for we are all mindless

for we are all myopic

for we all have

no vision