Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Burco: the national blue flag flying in Burco Somalia

RedSea   

Originally posted by Violet:

Hold up, I didn't say Hargaysa was any less developed than Bosaso, I said the amount of development that has occurred in Bosaso post-91 is more than that of Hargaysas. Compare Bosaso pre-91 to Bosaso post-91 and then make the same comparison for Hargaysa and you'll see what I'm talking about. Bosaso pre-91 was nothing more than a small town. Hargaysa pre-91 was the second capital of Somalia..See where I'm going with this?

Yes, Hargeysa has always been bigger than Bosaaso and yes you are right it was the second capital of Somalia. That is just stating the obvious awow.

However, in your other point of development. Bosaaso went from a small town to large city. It was untouched by the civil wars with perhaps an exception of few street to street battles between Al Atixad militias and SSDF militias. All that Bosaaso had to do was to develop that is all.

Whereas in Hargeysa, it went from total 'little Hiroshima' to today's perhaps most develop city in the former Somali republic.

In the year 1991, there was NO Hargeysa, the name was still there, but almost every house room to room were erased to the ground, so by far and more than any town Hargeysa had not only recovered from that destruction, but has developed and became what it's today, all praise due to Allah.

Che and Xanthus

Fine. Let those creatures make fool of themselves. Let them have it.

That is it. I am out, no more for me. Just too much danbi going on here.

nabadey.

Emperor   

^Is this the return of Puntland Vs Somaliland popularity contest...

It happened here in this exact site sometime ago, few years back...

RedSea   

^lol...ma ogi. Laakin, anigu kaba hadhayba, make it what you want it to be.

The field is yours, play in it however you like.

Subax wanagsan.

RedSea   

^ Tanag you awow, laakin what 'two giants' ha isoo garab istaagin meesha waxba kuma haysid eh. Intii yaraydna Abdullahi Yusuf ayaa xamar uqaatay. lool

Aj Timacedeh took care of bussiness, why did they banned him though. He was good brother.

lol@ BN oo ooyey. lool

A.J.   

Lool, that was one funny thread. Yo that A.J. Timacaddeh dude was taking all of them on by himself and he did not even result to name calling like them.

another funny thing i didnt know that General Duke use to call him Smith and Western-> AJ Timacaddeh killed it tough by constantly reffering to him as Smithers->from the Simpsons

Ebyan   

Mj. Bada Cas;

The SNM was liquidated as soon as it took control of Somaliland. They could have continue and carried on onslaught against neighboring regions like Sool, Sanaag, and perhaps even over to Bari and Nugaal if they wanted to, and today you would be looking at the same situations in the South.

The SNM was a rebel organization and regardless of its objective/intention, innocent people were killed in it's name. Is the average Somalilander responsible for the actions of these individuals even though they hail from the region now known as Somaliland? No. So, how then, can the average Puntlander be held responsible for the actions of Abdullahi Yusuf? How can you blame them?

The reason I said Pland produced Abdullahi Yusuf is because, Abdullahi Yusuf went from Puntland' leader to trouble maker in the South today. You might say he is legit President and all that, but hey being legit President doesn't give one the right to do what he has done.

That doesn't make ANY sense. Abdullahi Yusuf is from Puntland so Puntland is to blame? Puntland wasn't behind his election, the warlords in Mogadishu were. Puntland wasn't behind his ascendance to power, Ethiopia was. So, how is Puntland or the average Puntlander responsible for the actions of Abdullahi Yusuf (it's actually the TFG, there's nothing that Abdullahi Yusuf could do on his own)?

Today in Somaliland no one dies for no appararent reason, meaning in meaningless wars, except by natural causes. In Puntland, majority of the TFG militia are the kids and fadhi ku dirir from the streets of Gorowe and Galkacayo, they have died in scores as they fought ALONG SIDE the EThiopians. That is shame.

Weird. I coulda sworn there was a little battle down in Dhahar a few weeks back, wasn't that a 'meaningless' war and didn't Somalilanders die? Hmmm..It must be the amnesia again. But of course, the Somalilanders went there in defence of their country/government..Oh wait, the Puntlanders in the TFG troops are in Mogadishu for the same reason, they are there in defence of the TFG (THEIR government). Oh yeah and then there's Puntlands 'evil' relationship with Ethiopia..Damn, Somaliland has the same relationship with Ethiopia. What was that little saying..People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. smile.gif

Khalaf   

^^^^I seriously love this girl...........opps I dont mean to embrass u tsk tsk. :D Well spoken, brilliant yaa Ebyan, but i dont even know why u try.

RedSea   

Abyan,

Point taken in one acount, the point you made about not blaming ordinary Planders such as yourself for the failures and the crimnolity commited by the TFG is hereby well taken.

The Dhahar, Adhi cadeeye incidents were minor and they happen once in a blue moon. Though every human life is precious, still no civilians died in either scuffles as far as that is concern. They are nothing but minor scuffles.

Most of your other writings, you have came out with way off the mark comments, I'll let you figure them out, however I shall not blame all Puntlanders for the sake of one man perhaps or few men such A/Yusuf, that point is excepted once again.

Duke..lol gabadha ha igu dirin.

Khalaf, the shiekh in love, oopz, you thought too loud aww. We do love abyan no doubt. lol