Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Is it okay for a girl to ask a guy to marry her?

Originally posted by Tyjwania:

Yes.
I'd also get his mother's permission and blessing first.

My mom's in Qabridahare..can you take a flight from Silicon valley to Qabridahare all the way to Qalafe[Where my Abti is] and back to Qoraxey[Where my Awowo is @] icon_razz.gif

If you say yes to that,then i may say yes to your proposal :D

Nephissa   

^Sure why not. You're worth the trip. I'll arrive Qoraxeey on a horse in my full academy Darwiishad uniform and all, jump down, take your hand while droping on one knee, present the 25 cents vending machine ring to you.. yak yak yak, jump back on the horse, taking you with me... :D .

i think women already ask man to marry them .. ok maybe not as staightfoward as 'will you marry me' but they give strong hints and we guys eaither go along with or put cold water over it.

Gebdhaha sanadkan jira hadi ay kugu qanacdo habeenka sedexaadba wey weydiiyaaan ..lakin shekada badana waxa ay ka bilawata ABOO GOORMA JECESHAHAY IN AAN AD GUURSATO THEN ANIGA IN AAD I GUURSATO MALAGA YAABA aMA MAJECESHAHAY?

lol @ the topic.. red, such interesting question.

hmm, its okay for a woman/girl to ask a man/boy to marry her however be aware, after that matter pass by… she will be considered as desperate being .. Not my rules.. Blame society.

one may not care for society but someone u care for (Father, mother, sibling) will, and that alone will be enough

beside, we are Muslims and somalis.. i believe thanks 2 our culture we women hardly face such dilemma . unless u have nothing to offer than being desperate doesnt seem such a bad idea... :D

RedSea   

assalamu calaykum,

Well ladies and gents, here is how I look at it. The reason that would compelled a girl to go against the grain and her personal nature, would be if we the guys that were suppose to seek marriage in the open aren't coming out,then what other option is left for the sisters, other than offcourse to go out there themselves in order to find a partner in life. I think it's unfortunate that many ladies feel like they need to ask a guy to marry them, because the guys have failed miserably in that department. Therefore, I dont' see as to why not for a girl to ask a guy to marry her since the male bunch are shoping for free these days.Some of the products that use to be really expensive and worthy of everything, seem very cheap these days.So the question that lingers in the most of the guys' minds is, why locked yourself in marriage,when slightly used will do? which is unfortunate to say the least. :D

Secondly, remember some of you might say that one girl who would do that must be really desperate,so in response to that, I would say offcourse she would be since she isn't getting what she "needs" in Islamic way. If I were a girl,I rather be labeled desperate and out of her mind,than disobey Allah and commit adultery, which is very dark path to go down to.

So the two options are, would you rather ask a guy to marry you in fear of falling into sin(sex outside of marriage), or would you not, and choose to go on with your self desires which may ultimately lead you into trouble down the road?

Assalamu Calaykum.

Ibtisam   

I think I'd rather be old, unmarried and with 10cats den ask a guy out let alone marriage. You'll must be out of your minds. Why on earth would you do such a mad thing :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

A woman should always value herself, and asking a man to marry her isn't a respectful thing to do. A lady should always be considerate of the feelings of a man , thus by not asking for his hand she is sparing him from humiliation and the degrading of his manhood men are so emtional. ;)

nemo   

Ofcourse it's Okay for a girl to ask a guy to marry her, as the prophet's wife asked him to marry her. Are we ladies any better than the prophet's wife?

The only guy that would say no is one's that are low self-esteem, as to say asking a girl to marry him makes him more of a man. Or vise versa. The only girls that would ask a guy to marry them are the ones with confidents and know what they want in my opinion and not desperate as many suggest.

Urban   

Personally, I wouldn't think any less of a woman if she asked me to marry her. I'm not talking about dropping down on one knee in a packed restaurant/party or having a police driver pull me over...etc etc. If she brought the topic up in a conversation/discussion or something like that, then that would be fine.

I see a few people mentioning sayida khadiija (ra) and how she asked the Prophet (saw) to marry her. She didnt ask him directly. She sent one of her maids to talk to him and ask why he wasn't married yet. The Prophet (saw) replied that no woman would have him (something a long those lines, can't remember correctly). So the girl told the Prophet (saw) that khadiija (ra) would marry him. When he asked how the girl knew that, she replied that khadiija ra thinks that he's a great, honest individual. So the Prophet (saw) went to khadiija (ra) and asked to marry her.

Maybe brother Nur can confirm that story?

Sisters, don't lose your self respect, no man nowadays is worth it.

RedSea   

Yeah, remember,it doesn't have to be straight question, and I am not even talking about that so called question of proposal "would you marry me". But it could be a question or series of events that occur in order for the girl to make the guy get the impression that she wants him to marry her.

Humilation? come on, which is more humilating, commiting sin or simply breaking the rules of "nature" for once?

Ibtisam   

^^^okay hints I can deal with, just about. But what is wrong with him as a guys that he miss's all the clues, the hints, until he has to be smacked with the question. Why would you marry such slow, clueless guy anyway. As for the people who mentioned khadija. Come on people, that was a different time period, he was the best of men. NOt these good for nothing creatures that only share the physical description. NO man is worth asking anything let alone marriage

Shakti   

Originally posted by Mr. Red Sea:

This question might have came up here before, but I think it's worth the discussion, and might help out alot of girls out there who haven't found a guy to bond relatioship with,thus feeling that isn't right to ask such question yet and are in dire need of marriage.

Thanks,

assalamu calaykum.

u farax’s have reached this stage, I had no idea ...lol..

u farax have managed to be lazy at everything .. now u want us to be the MAN and pop the question.. hell, i bite, and play alone

here is my skirt 4 those of u faraxs who would liked to be asked such a question