Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Is it okay for a girl to ask a guy to marry her?

Originally posted by Mr. Red Sea:

So the two options are, would you rather ask a guy to marry you in fear of falling into sin(sex outside of marriage), or would you not, and choose to go on with your self desires which may ultimately lead you into trouble down the road?

Assalamu Calaykum.

People don't fall into sin; it's not a pit that suddenly opens up beneath, woops, down you go. Your two-dimensional world is limited. Why is it only one or the other?

I would ask a man to marry me. If he said no, I'd think my loss, yep, mine and his(natch) and move on. You don't get if you don't ask. Men aren't psychic, give them a break, save the signalling for driving. What's important is the end result not the who-asked, when and how and what society makes it mean. Blah, live your life.

Castro   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

Why is it only one or the other?

What third option exists?

I would ask a man to marry me.

Hmmm. Have you ever? :D

Castro   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

Will you marry me?

Only if you're ready, willing and able to double up.

^that you can't think of a third means something. Mwahaha.

I'm simple. :(

Aaliyyah   

ASALAAAMU ALAIKUM

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH A GIRL ASKING A GUY TO MARRY HER. OBVIOUSLY, SHE IS NOT GOING TO ASK EM OUTA OF BLUE, HEY HUN WANNA MARRY ME. IT IS PRETTY OBVIOUS THAT SHE MUST HAVE BEEN DATING HIM A PERIOD OF TIME. THEREFORE, I AM FINE WITH IT IF I WAS IN LUV WITH A GUY, YES I WOULD GO AN ASK HIM TO MARRY ME. I MEAN HOW ELSE U GONNA KNOW IF HIS UP 2 IT OR NT? MOST GUYS ARE AFRAID TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND THEY TRY TO TIP TOE BESIDES YOU ALL DAY, DEY MIGHT WANA GET MARRIED BT DEY NEED A LIL PUSH .I WOULD SAY A WOMEN AT LEAST SHOULD GIVE THE MAN SHE IS GOING OUT THAT SHE IS READY TO GET MARRIED, AND IF U CAN BE STRAUGHT FORWARD THAT’S BETTER I GUESS IT TAKES A LOTA GUTS.

WA SALAAM

Shakti   

there r some things that woman can’t do (i.e. a woman bee standing up, if she does so, she will get all nagasa on herself)

being a woman of this century does give u a lot of advantage to be more than just another chick who knows what sort of lipstick shade to buy.. right?? But don’t mistake the advantageous 4 literally thinking u r a man.

so those of u who think is ok 2 ask such question, i would say this 2 u:

Be proud, have some dignity and let the men be a men.. let him pop the question...

and if he is not a men enough to see where ur relationship future is going.. HE IS NOT UR MEN, let the fk-ing kid go

if he cant pop the question, the chances are he will never be the man to lead a family with u

So, my serious answer to this kuffar sort of question is… a woman should not ask a man to marry her even if her life depends on it

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

^Whoa, lol, let the men be men an demonstrate that by asking a question. Hmm, how manly that sounds, I swoon at the thought. I qabta.

What kind of woman are you wasting your valuable time? If you want to marry the knight in shining armour, just ask. It's a wonder they don't unsheath their swords and be done with these ladies and their passive, telepatic communications.

ThePoint, unislamic? To ask a man to marry you? Only if u were a man yourself I say! Explain.

Needless to say, make it good, baby. :D

Val, cheating? By asking a married man to marry me? How so?

Xoogsade   

If the guy doesn't ask you to marry him and he knows you very well, probably he isn't interested, so don't bother asking.

The man should be the one seeking the woman's hand although I wouldn't find a woman who asks a man to marry her strange. Just smitten.