Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Is it okay for a girl to ask a guy to marry her?

RedSea   

Assalamu calaykum,

As politically incorrect this might sound,but I think the answer is yes.The reason being, if the girl can't find a guy to bond good relationship with,if she is in fear of commiting an act that might break her virginity for instance(Zina), and if patiance becomes long overdue, then I don't see any reason why the girl should feel shy or it's unethical to pop the question herself, since she is doing for the sake of her own faith and personal protection of falling into sin.

This question might have came up here before, but I think it's worth the discussion, and might help out alot of girls out there who haven't found a guy to bond relatioship with,thus feeling that isn't right to ask such question yet and are in dire need of marriage.

Thanks,

assalamu calaykum.

Faheema.   

lol@ Val & Lily...united we are when it comes such Q...

Waa adoo indha cad ku dhe a Faarax maad i guursan...lol waa habeen xalay tagay. :D

Modesty   

Of course it's okay for a girl to ask a guy to marry her...we should all follow our hearts not some traditional rule that says you can't this and that.

Naden   

^ Khara, indeed.

I say a girl should propose, but only if she's about a stone throw's away from losing her virginity :rolleyes: . And I mean, trampy sluttiness is just around the corner. Other than that, keep a nickel between your knees and wait for Faraax to propose. Uff.

Bismilah

Asalamalaikum

Khadija (ra) asked if Rasululah (saw) would marry her. smile.gif

It requires strength to do that, but I think the man should be worth it first.

Or you could always ask indirectly? Usually Brother's who fear Allah and who really want a future with a Sister they believe is really worth marrying to, they usually pop the question early on.

Castro   

Originally posted by BeeBee85:

Usually Brother's who fear Allah and who really want a future with a Sister they believe is really worth marrying to, they usually pop the question early on.

They usually pop something.