Arafaat   

Che, I wouldn’t bet on the Awdal folks, chances of Burco or Berbera becoming a state is more likely than expecting Borama to make a significant move. 

Arafaat   
On 11/17/2023 at 3:44 PM, Arafaat said:

Che, I wouldn’t bet on the Awdal folks, chances of Burco or Berbera becoming a state is more likely than expecting Borama to make a significant move. 

Told you so, Berbera uprising is more likely to change the equation then opportunistic Galbeedi’s folks.  

Illyria   
4 hours ago, Arafaat said:

Told you so, Berbera uprising is more likely to change the equation then opportunistic Galbeedi’s folks.  

Hang on, did you not say the same about SSC-Khatumo? Besides, what have you got against reer Awdal seeking self-rule? Or does that go against the interest of reerka, in which case damn reer Awdal? Have we not learnt anything in last 50 years that said mentality neither benefits you, I or anyone else?

Arafaat   

In general, I don’t have much expectations of substantial changes or revolutions coming from Reer Awdal, Gebileys or Jabuuti folks politics for that matter. You may prove me wrong though. 

3 hours ago, Arafaat said:

In general, I don’t have much expectations of substantial changes or revolutions coming from Reer Awdal, Gebileys or Jabuuti folks politics for that matter. You may prove me wrong though. 

Arafaat, if you paid attention on SL now,  SL politicians and public  were fully obsessed with Awdal in last couple of weeks, SSC is goner, no issues..

Don't understatement them, something is really being cooked there, you see the Awdal people are divided too , very similar to how  SSC were,  some of the Awdalites,like JS of SSC are loyal to SL, and it is very similar tactic of divide and rule, but this is coming to  end.

Talk to your Awdal friends, they will tell you what is going.

Arafaat   

Yes, Somaliland politicians are petrified of any sort uprising from Awdal corners and are moving heaven and earth to prevent that. And yes Awdal folks are angry for Muse’s folks robbing the country.

But so far havent heard any bright ideas coming from those corners, except Galbeedi wanting Ethiopia to Annex Awdal and becoming fully part of the Jaarso-Oromo nation, finishing the job his ancestors started. 

• Like 1

Arafaat   

P.S. If Muse folks make another dumb move like moving the Wajale road away from Awdal folks owned land, that would mean the end of things but then clearly instigators are the Muse folks. 

Yes the current admin, is very nefarious, and similar tactics were on SOOL

anyways, no need for fighting and killing young men, these need to be sorted in genuine dialogue, and SL must work on keeping together what is left of SL, more peace, more justice, and more prosperity

What i am hearing is, SL will negotiate a deal with Somalia,

Arafaat   
7 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Yes the current admin, is very nefarious, and similar tactics were on SOOL

anyways, no need for fighting and killing young men, these need to be sorted in genuine dialogue, and SL must work on keeping together what is left of SL, more peace, more justice, and more prosperity

What i am hearing is, SL will negotiate a deal with Somalia,

What kind of a deal? 

10 hours ago, Arafaat said:

What kind of a deal? 

Before SSC took over, the leverage and negotiating power for SL sultanate was massive, and with  Farmaajo, discuss was moving capital, Prime Minister dedicated to Habro community etc

But things have shifted, secession is out of the window, I think moving the capital maybe on the table,  SL are now open for discussion and serious, it will be after the election next year.

Arafaat   
2 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Before SSC took over, the leverage and negotiating power for SL sultanate was massive, and with  Farmaajo, discuss was moving capital, Prime Minister dedicated to Habro community etc

But things have shifted, secession is out of the window, I think moving the capital maybe on the table,  SL are now open for discussion and serious, it will be after the election next year.

As you said, Somaliland didn’t realize when they had an opportunity and leverage, and now they are suddenly open to talks while one doesn’t have much to demand at the moment without SSC at the table, atleast nothing more then Puntland or Southwest could demand. Sheeko ciyaal.