baala xoofto

Somaliland: Operation Clean up Laascaanood (Loading...)

Arafaat   

It makes sense to restrengthen and reinforce the armed forces, but launching a military campaign without the following, 

a) having evaluated how things went and what wrong on the SL side,

b) evaluate and draw lessons from the last 7 months active campaign,

c) think elaborately of and determine  a unified political aim and strategy, which military campaign is supporting or underlying to. Is it really to reach Tukaraq and maintain presence or is it a save facing end to this saga giving SL a small victory to close the this chapter. 

d) Determine the long term goal SL has on the region and it’s claimed border, does it want SSC to become fully part of Somaliland on the long haul or not, does it want to reach those borders on the long haul or not, will Somaliland redraw permanently it’s borders to the new realities and accept a seperate SSC region, or does it see space for diplomatic solutions on the short, middle and long term? 

e), implementing a structural and consistent strategy to win or atleast soften the hearts and minds of the SSC folks, as they would see any SL attack or movement in to their territory as an existential threat for their existence and survival and would mean another and bigger major defeat against a unified and determined populous fighting an existential threat. And perhaps this time even the broader D clan might get involved as they might perceive a SL attack as a deliberate attack by a clan against their enemies en clan, rather then a political conflict on controls of borders and maamuls.  

If all these elements are not properly thought through, followed-up on and one doesn’t develop and implement a genuine strategy for the short, medium and long term and SL is simply driven by ‘revenge’ and social pressure to redeem its ‘image’ and other populistic sentiments, then I fear one is sailing towards another disaster and much bigger political, military and human disaster. 

Illyria   
1 hour ago, Arafaat said:

It makes sense to restrengthen and reinforce the armed forces, but launching a military campaign without the following, 

a) having evaluated how things went and what wrong on the SL side,

b) evaluate and draw lessons from the last 7 months active campaign,

c) think elaborately of and determine  a unified political aim and strategy, which military campaign is supporting or underlying to. Is it really to reach Tukaraq and maintain presence or is it a save facing end to this saga giving SL a small victory to close the this chapter. 

d) Determine the long term goal SL has on the region and it’s claimed border, does it want SSC to become fully part of Somaliland on the long haul or not, does it want to reach those borders on the long haul or not, will Somaliland redraw permanently it’s borders to the new realities and accept a seperate SSC region, or does it see space for diplomatic solutions on the short, middle and long term? 

e), implementing a structural and consistent strategy to win or atleast soften the hearts and minds of the SSC folks, as they would see any SL attack or movement in to their territory as an existential threat for their existence and survival and would mean another and bigger major defeat against a unified and determined populous fighting an existential threat. And perhaps this time even the broader D clan might get involved as they might perceive a SL attack as a deliberate attack by a clan against their enemies en clan, rather then a political conflict on controls of borders and maamuls.  

If all these elements are not properly thought through, followed-up on and one doesn’t develop and implement a genuine strategy for the short, medium and long term and SL is simply driven by ‘revenge’ and social pressure to redeem its ‘image’ and other populistic sentiments, then I fear one is sailing towards another disaster and much bigger political, military and human disaster.

What the f@ck business do you have in Tukaraq, or anywhere else in SSC? You do not hear me talking about Go'o & Gabilay, do you? Are not you pushing tolka talking points, and what only benefits tolka, but are not thinking strategically about the stability of the region, and the people at large? Continuing with the same policies, and on the same path as the last 40 years only end in greater failure. And so long as you are espousing such ethos, then you are no different from the likes of XX, Oodweyne, and ChangeMatters. 

Arafaat   
9 hours ago, Illyria said:

What the f@ck business do you have in Tukaraq, or anywhere else in SSC? You do not hear me talking about Go'o & Gabilay, do you? Are not you pushing tolka talking points, and what only benefits tolka, but are not thinking strategically about the stability of the region, and the people at large? Continuing with the same policies, and on the same path as the last 40 years only end in greater failure. And so long as you are espousing such ethos, then you are no different from the likes of XX, Oodweyne, and ChangeMatters. 

Read carefully what I wrote,  I am stating that it doesn’t make sense to call for more violence or beat the drums of war, even from the perspective and rationele of those who have completely other viewpoints, it doesn’t make sense to choose the same disastrous path. 

Illyria   
2 hours ago, Arafaat said:

Read carefully what I wrote,  I am stating that it doesn’t make sense to call for more violence or beat the drums of war, even from the perspective and rationele of those who have completely other viewpoints, it doesn’t make sense to choose the same disastrous path. 

O rubbish. You may not realise it, but I am acquainted with that line of rationalisation, and as the old saying goes "Bahalna ceedhiin ma daayo, Ninna caadadi ma baajo". It is just a rehashed drivel of the tolka talking points.

I want that what is good for us [Somalis] all, but you can only see that which is good for the tolka, as is evident in your brief, and so long as you are peddling that odious bale, there is no middle ground. Think about it.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Duufaan   
On 8/30/2023 at 6:45 PM, Che -Guevara said:

A new round of clan militia recruitment is underway. Muse and his sycophants seem to have lost their minds.

It doesn’t really matter. They don’t have independent clan melessia rather government controlled clan malessia which they call national army. The Somaliland national army is comprised. Only some of HJ and HY knew the way back home. Some of them are still lost in the Doodi region. Some of them were captured close to Eyl district. The time is not their side and they put themselves in spotlight. Of course they want fight back but they don’t have much choice for right now. Time has caught up. They’re lucky if they keep what they got whether political, economicly and area of control.

Arafaat   
5 hours ago, Illyria said:

O rubbish. You may not realise it, but I am acquainted with that line of rationalisation, and as the old saying goes "Bahalna ceedhiin ma daayo, Ninna caadadi ma baajo". It is just a rehashed drivel of the tolka talking points.

I want that what is good for us [Somalis] all, but you can only see that which is good for the tolka, as is evident in your brief, and so long as you are peddling that odious bale, there is no middle ground. Think about it.

Whatever talking points can stop the bloodshed and make people(yes tolka) see a different more reasonable and peaceful pathways, the end result is eventually the result of an equilibrium which neither me or others mortals control.

And yes there is a sense of concern and anxiousness where things are heading with Somaliland, perhaps even driven by own self preservation, as not all of us live in the comforts of the western, without having to face and live with the realities on the ground, as some of us are inhabitants of this place and thus personally impacted by the outcomes. 

5 hours ago, Duufaan said:

It doesn’t really matter. They don’t have independent clan melessia rather government controlled clan malessia which they call national army. The Somaliland national army is comprised. Only some of HJ and HY knew the way back home. Some of them are still lost in the Doodi region. Some of them were captured close to Eyl district. The time is not their side and they put themselves in spotlight. Of course they want fight back but they don’t have much choice for right now. Time has caught up. They’re lucky if they keep what they got whether political, economicly and area of control.

30 were found yesterday near Garowe, you wonder how many still out there, one of POW  found, had his magazine finished, defending and stopping hyenas attacks at night 

This is a clear violation of UN sanctions, Ethiopia supplying weapons that kill thousands of innocent people,  to the Somaliland regime.

SSC leadership should collect this evidence and show it to UN monitoring group. clearly violated by Ethiopia and Djibouti.

smoking gun here

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1398548714343523&extid=WA-UNK-UNK-UNK-AN_GK0T-GK1C&mibextid=2Rb1fB&ref=sharing

Illyria   
2 hours ago, Arafaat said:

Whatever talking points can stop the bloodshed and make people(yes tolka) see a different more reasonable and peaceful pathways, the end result is eventually the result of an equilibrium which neither me or others mortals control.

And yes there is a sense of concern and anxiousness where things are heading with Somaliland, perhaps even driven by own self preservation, as not all of us live in the comforts of the western, without having to face and live with the realities on the ground, as some of us are inhabitants of this place and thus personally impacted by the outcomes. 

Let me offer an analogy in way you may understand it. Remember when Edna was talking about the shelling of civilians in Las Anod, she said [I am paraphrasing it] 'Haddii la burburiyo, mid ka qurux badan ayaan dib u dhisaynaa', yet when speaking to Oofwareen and his boys in Gacan libaax, she said 'Hooyo, noo tudha, ha inaga burburina SL ... waan idiin ku imanaynaa buurta'.

Death of innocent is Las Anod, and destruction of their homes is acceptable, but God forbid unbefitting for reer Hargeysa and Burco.

See, she is excusing, if justifying the atrocities in the former whilst struggling with the latter. The same applies to your Issims. And on the same token, in your case, you seek justification for the brain dead vitriol, yet turn a blind eye to the atrocities. Cut from the same cloth, if of different generation, of the same nonetheless.

And till most of you have seen your dead and damned out of Gooja cadde, and Burco on the brink of falling, it was a mere distant noise not to be bothered with.

Let us leave it there.

Arafaat   
7 hours ago, Illyria said:See, she is excusing, if justifying the atrocities in the former whilst struggling with the latter. The same applies to your Issims. And on the same token, in your case, you seek justification for the brain dead vitriol, yet turn a blind eye to the atrocities. Cut from the same cloth, if of different generation, of the same nonetheless.

Now your generalising and even worser labelling with statements like ‘you people are cut of the same clot’, it seems you are much closer in thoughts then those you are despising who also made a sport out of labeling and seeing everywhere enemies and animosities, even when there are none. 

Indeed let’s leave it there. 

Illyria   
4 hours ago, Arafaat said:

Now your generalising and even worser labelling with statements like ‘you people are cut of the same clot’

That was all you took from the post? How very unsatisfying, if  lackadaisical of you.