Sign in to follow this  
Diamante

What to do about....

Diamante   

Period pains??

now we all know that when that time of the month comes, most of us are in agony. if bleeding wasn't enough we have to experience cramps and all sorts, cravings that would rival a pregnant woman's and god knows where they come from, outbreak of spots etc and this is just to name a few. so how does each one of you cope with all of this, got any special techniques that help relieve this state.

secondly, it's also heard that girls who had circumcision done experience much more pain than those who hadnt it done, but to be quite honest ive seen plenty of girls who didnt undergo circumcision and they go trhu hell for about a quarter each month. :confused:

P.S. for the guys who enter, make ur exit as quick as ur entrance..not ur cuppa tea i would assume :D

Pucca   

My desk has a lil cabinet that’s stuffed with chocolates and all sorts of different sweets, so when Aunty Red decides to visit, its sweets for me, some Advil, and a couple of laps/sit ups …that gets rid of them cramps for good or at least till the next visit.

Some girls go into some mood swings, luckily that’s not a problem for me. And is it just me or does the color red piss you off during these days? For some odd reason red bugs the hell out of me, u could be wearing red shoe laces and it’ll just ruin my day.

Oh! The troubles we women have to endure...

Qac Qaac   

I know diamante u said, leave if u r man.. but i got something to say about this, believe it or not...what if i am planning to do a research on this topic, or to become a doctor or something on this..

i would suggest, that when red auntie arrives, that if is possible, make urself busy, go out, talk, have fun. some women drink shaah, i don't know how this helps.. but i am coming from psychological side.. would it help if u find something or someone that doesn't remind u this.

Gabdhooy ilaahey ha idiin fududeeyo. your bodies go through lots of changes.. insh'allah khayr. this should be a good reason why men shouldn't use this to diss u guys, pms.

Diamente sis, u have no i dea how some girlz suffer under the visit of eedo REd,, miskiin ilaaheey hau naxarisito..

Girl as far as i know those girlz who are circumzied in the firàwni way suffer worse than those done in the Sunni way!!

some girlz use warm shaax under this visit bcz they feel that it reduces the pain, but what they are a ware of is that the womb moves from its position to the intestines During the visit and those using shaax warming the intestines might couse some problems to their Womb, Poor Girl( this info. i got from a friend that studies Biology Of Women)

so Girl ilaaheey hanoo saqiro dhamaanteen...

i don`t know what i use during that time, but i know that i sleep alot, and Mum says i should Use xabad sawdo(i really dislike xabad sawdo Though as our Beloved Prophet Told us, it cures Every thing than Death & Age!!)

Qacbaro thnxz for ur advise!

Salaam

nuune   

convine yourself that your not sick, the best thing to do is to stay in good physical health, this can be achieved by a healthy lifestyle with daily exercise, plenty of sleep and rest and, if possible, try to avoid stress, use painkiller as soon as u think the pain is starting, if the painkillers don't work, try to consult your doctor, your doctor may give u some advice if you could undergo pelvic examination and other tests.

Iam sorry to enter this place, I just wanted to help my sisters in pain if I could, Ilaahay ha idiin fudeediyo dhibka aad maraysaan marxaladahan kala duwan ee dabiiciga ah.

Pucca   

wat ever you do DONT wear heels at this time of the month...that just makes the pain even WORST...believe me...i've gone through it thinkin nothin would happen...i was tall one minute and the next i was on my bed cryin my heart out.

i really think the best thing for this is workin out, so girls hit the gym durin Aunty Red's short stay...shape up and get rid of the pain..cant find a better deal now can u? ;)

ta ta

^ That's far too much work! Some of us don't like lifting a finger during those times.

A cocktail of painkillers seems to work for me.

Disclaimer: The above IS NOT recommended for those who care about their future health.

Qac Qaac   

so excersizes help.. i would think, they help because at that moment u r not thinking about it. and that is the key find something that doesn't remind u..

golden girl u wlc.

Diamante   

well qac, u kinda lost track but because of ur insightful advice i'm welcoming you with open arms.

horta whoever said exercising relieves pain needs some checking up, i have tried that and it was pure agony oh my god...xanuunka macal kilyaha ayuu ii gaaray :eek:

but then again thats moi..it might help others.

someone once suggested to me to do belly dancing, said it offered relieve :confused: ...im still preparing myself to test out that theory.

furthermore, for some reason i like sour things aunty red's visit, so scrap shaah, choclate (unless its white choclate).

Oh another thing, have u noticed all the nicknames pms has..aunty red, calanka yemen even 'geedki' lol

Nuune & qac, thanx for ur input, its good to see brothers caring enough to come up with suggestions.

Pucca   

here are a couple of cut and paste pieces from an article:

Sometimes, simple measures are all that's needed to feel better. Cutting down on salt might help reduce fluid buildup, and support hose may alleviate swelling in the legs or ankles. Crawling into bed for some extra rest or sleep is one way to deal with fatigue, and taking along a heating pad or hot water bottle eases cramps for some. Exercising also helps reduce pain in many young women, and may lift a blue mood as well.

Charles Debrovner, M.D., associate clinical professor of obstetrics and gynecology at New York University School of Medicine, explains that exercising during menstruation lessens pain because it causes release of brain chemicals called endorphins, which are natural painkillers. He says exercise may also decrease pain by affecting prostaglandin metabolism.

Rarick adds that exercise may also help because it increases blood flow, and because it "just makes a lot of people feel better in general."

adios

Tuujiye   

Walaahi isbadal weyn aa dadkeena geeneynaa back home...

we are all educated about these things and we feel comfortable talking about it (men and women). But y'all know back home, this kind of stuff is never shared by man and woman...We need things like this. We need to educate our people who need to be open minded about things like this specialy back home. I aint saying people back home are not open minded but Some people back home are not.

P.S. DR.Qac'qaac and DR.Nuune, can I see you guys digree? Since when did you too out of everyone in SOL, noqoteen taqaatiir? waraada gabdhaha systemka haka haleennina....

wareer badanaa!!!

Qac Qaac   

waraa tuujiye ciil aa ku haayo miyaa, wax aad ku darsato baa weesay hayye looooool. duqa degree soo tabal caareeso nooh. ama suuq siinaay ka soo gado.

nuune   

tuujiye, wacdi aa lasoo gashay meesha waraabayahoow, dhabar jabinta naga dhaaf yaah, gabdhaha walaalaheen maa ka xumaatay saan adviceka u siinay lool, waraa degree ma heesatid miyaaa see camal, khasaaro bil caleeyk.

x_quizit   

Glad to see some men are open minded and liberal enuff to talk about issues that are thought of as a taboo in our society, when in reality, its just human nature.

Ladies, when the monthly days of agony arrive, a warm bath helps a lot, also, i agree with the person that suggested excercise, because the more you keep your body moving, the less cramps you will feel. of course some of us would rather not get out of bed , especially the first day,but after that, take the time out to take a walk...keep urself busy and not dweel on the fact that ur losing a few gallons of blood throughout ur lifetime :D ...and depending on the severity of ur cramps, midol might not do the trick, i suggest visit your doctor and ask for a higher dose.

p.s.-what about mood swings? a week or so b4 ur time, and cravings we get...how do u ladies deal with that and is there something that alleviates it or helps?

peace and ramadan kareem to all