Sign in to follow this  
BORN_BRANIAC

Is having a Wedding Important?

Skipper   

Originally posted by BORN_BRANIAC:

Is it really that important? Shouldn't the focus be on the actual marriage and not the wedding?

After seeing all this Somalis Wedding Videos, it made me really think is it worth it??

mr/mrs brainic if you have money to burn without thinking of the consequence then you should definately have a big shinny wedding with the girl dressed in gold from top to toe.

I also noticed there is a new member by the name Rose. Rose nice to meet you i sponsor this site. Drink shaax and feel at home.

Faynuus   

I was hoping Aaliyah will dropp her fantasy abt the perfect wedding. Honey, you will never have a perfect wedding, there is nothing perfect about wasting money. instead, invest in sadaqa, acts that please Allah so you will be pleased with your new life.

No to lavish weddings. :D

Ibtisam   

^^^ARe you sure you live in Somalia?? The one wedding I went to back home, they hired out dozen cars and made us sit in them and drive around the city beeping! lol. And they did that for the Mehr, wedding and xeedo! Then they drove all the way to shike to sit/dance on the top of the mountains. Sadly I did not have enough time to go to all three or the trip to the mountings.

They love their lavish weddings.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

Then they drove all the way to shike to sit/dance on the top of the mountains. Sadly I did not have enough time to go to all three or the trip to the mountings.

L0L! Ohhh! I assume you have mountain lifts there? cuz :D can't imagine Somali women climbing the mountain in their six yard bacween-diracs. Unless you folks are born spider-women, climb like spider and swing like one.. L0L.

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

quote:Originally posted by Ibtisam:

Then they drove all the way to shike to sit/dance on the top of the mountains. Sadly I did not have enough time to go to all three or the trip to the mountings.

L0L! Ohhh! I assume you have mountain lifts there? cuz
:D
can't imagine Somali women climbing the mountain in their six yard bacween-diracs. Unless you folks are born spider-women, climb like spider and swing like one.. L0L.
Loool No the road goes right thorough and to the top of the mountain. They drive to the top and then get out of the cars, when they finish their ciiyaa, they drive back down in their cars, see weehiy Neh..daaku waa ilbaaxin nowdays.! lol

Aaliyyah   

I was hoping Aaliyah will dropp her fantasy abt the perfect wedding. Honey, you will never have a perfect wedding, there is nothing perfect about wasting money. instead, invest in sadaqa, acts that please Allah so you will be pleased with your new life.

I will never have a perfect wedding huh ,,,now why are you discouraging meee forrrrrrrr icon_razz.gif

I do agree that it would be more ajar to spend the money on sadaqa. But, whoever said humans rationalize and usually asses situations. Somtimes, we just go with what our heart tells us smile.gif

But jazakalaah for trying, bt it doesnt change anything I STILL WANT that perfect wedding redface.gif

Faynuus   

I failed terribly. I knew i wont be able to convince you hadaan huud iyo ancaam kugu aqriyo xataa.

Inaan xaajiga ku calfan doono asxaan u sameeyaan rabay. But damn he is gonna have one hell of a stubborn wife! :D , but i guess it is value for beauty heh and u deserve it.

Ps. hadaad lacala aroosto dhawaan, iisoo sheeg yaah.

Salaama alaykum,

If you're talking about the extravagance, then I definitely agree with you there. It's very unneeded. Just hold a small reception with people you actually know, love and care about.

Haneefah   

Never used to make a big deal of it; I simply hate associated headache/stress. But lately, I've been thinking...just a thought though. I am still not convinced.

Malika   

A lavish wedding,followed by a well deserving honeymoon in the Bahamas..Girls dont expect anything less,especially if he is paying for the lot!

But if your in love with a poor guy,then cut him some slack and go for that quite hush hush wedding..[showing some humility here..Lol]

Ms DD   

Take him for all he's got I say when he loves you and sweet on you. SInce in Islam we are not allowed to take all he's got after we divorce smile.gif .

Malika   

^Hear,hear,hear..Milk him for what he has while you can,you never know what little suprises life has in stored for you..[words of bitter woman..Lol] :D:D