Sign in to follow this  
Senora

The Family Siad Barre

Juje   

Originally posted by AYOUB:

^^ You were also sure that Sharif was a Sheikh markaa inaga yaree.
:D

And do you have doubts about that?

Taleexi   

Apart of the regime's mayhem and bloody history, if Mr. Barre was praying in Lagos, in his last days: what does that tell us about his faith?, of course, he was a muslim unless some of us are capable of seeing what a dead person had in mind in the eve of his death.

GAAROODI   

i have seen Siad barre praying as well, but i only see him praying towards what appears to be the head of Satan and his apostles.

looooooooool, the man was an atheist not a muslim, not only that he was a communist.

may he root in hell for the rest of eternity.

looool, peace !!!

Cumar   

Clannism has blinded us to such a great extend that we have to take the words of a deluded evangelicalist, who in his own words 'believes' that the late Somali president was a closet Christian based on some 'archival' letters writing by a Christian organization?

Good thing that some of us still adhere to certain Islamic principles when discerning the truth.

For those, who without discernment, accepted this fable, I say to you as Allah (Exalted is He) said in His Qur'an, "Bring your proof, if ye are truthful" (Al-Baqaraj:111)

Prior to 1969, Muqdisho had 4 miniature mosques. In 1975, Maxamed Siyaad built more than 150 medium-sized mosques including the largest mosque, which still stands to this day, the Isbahaysiga mosque.

Prior to 1969, not a single Islamic lectures were broadcasted on the radio. In 1971, there was a weekly Qur'anic tafsir session on Radio Muqdisho.

As for the executed scholars, a committee [guddi] was established and they subsequently ordered the execution of the scholars.

The Family Law had a small issue that was not in par with the Islamic teachings, instead of the scholars advising the government (according to the methodology of advising the rulers), they staged an uprising. Bear mind that there was already an rule in effect that states that anyone who stages a demonstration without the knowledge of the government would face execution, plain as that.

The committee ordered their execution, Maxamed Siyaad wanted to forgive them but did not to cause a rift between the institutions.

I still possess the audio interview, delivered in 1975, that elucidates this issue in great detail.

Salamu Calaykum

MZanzi   

Originally posted by GAAROODI:

looooooooool, the man was an atheist not a muslim, not only that he was a communist.

may he root in hell for the rest of eternity.

looool, peace !!!

Kan yari horta tol hadu leeyahay inteey goori goor tahay Haka gaaran oo Quraan hasaaran wuu yara qafiifaye

Typical Siad Barre bashers and as usual driven by qaraar & qabyaalad! Siyad Barre (AUN) wuxuu aha great somali leader isku hayey dadkan wada dugaaga ee maanta la isku keeni la yahay, faanis uma bahna wuxuu ahaana wa la ogyahay ee waxaad rabtan sheega let it go yesan idinku dacareysanin, faduushan fiiriya siddi iyagoo salaada ku leh maxa bal ka galay hadduu tukan jiray iyo haddii kale.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Paragon:

Barre didn’t play along. He said, “I never knew your son. But keep the money flowing.” And they did.

The interesting thing about this sensationalization is the emphasis on Barre's political independence. :D

It is something that deserves a moment to savor considering political independence is a foreign concept now and in the near future for Somalia. smile.gif

Prior to 1969, Muqdisho had 4 miniature mosques. In 1975, Maxamed Siyaad built more than 150 medium-sized mosques including the largest mosque, which still stands to this day, the Isbahaysiga mosque.

Siyaadist propaganda in full force. Even daring by venturing to quote the Quraanka Kariimka, about evidence and the truth.

I don't care about what else you are trying to feed on SOL, but Isbaheysiga, sadly for a Siyaadist propagandist, was not built by him. It was built by for Sacuudi money. Qof walba baa og. That masaajid and the avenue that intercrosses where it is located at, Jidka Maka Almakurama too.

And about other masaajido being built, his regime has nothing do with it. It was demanded by and built by xaafado communities in the ever-expanding Muqdisho of '70s. The growing population demanded it and it was a natural recourse to happen.

What else would the propagandist credit to him again? That he built the National Theatre as well, the long road isku wada xirtay from gobollada dhexe to Waqooyi Bari?

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Mansa Munsa:

Apart of the regime's mayhem and bloody history, if Mr. Barre was praying in Lagos, in his last days: what does that tell us about his faith?, of course, he was a muslim unless some of us are capable of seeing what a dead person had in mind in the eve of his death.

IF he, as alleged (disingenuously) prayed to Jesus for money while he was the president of Somalia, what would stop him from putting a show in order to fleece the wealthy Nigerians when he was a powerless fugitive in Lagos?

Originally posted by Saddiiq:

Athiests are too arrogant & passionate about their beliefs to lie about it. His motivation was power, and if that meant fake praying to jesus to please some donors in washington, so be it. He probably convinced himself it was for the greater good.

:D:D:D What are you suggesting?

Saaxiibadeena badhbaa xidhan saliibkiiye

Soonka iyo salaaddoodu waa sir aan la gaadhayne

Inkastoo sujuuddii wajiga sanka ka idlaatay

Soomaali uun bay yihiin ha u salaamina e

Aakhira sadkeed waa ninkii sabi u geeyaaye

Saddexbay ku furan tahay hadduu sawjad leeyahaye

Saliib ~ A Sahal

Som@li   

MMA, Ofcourse Sayid was not a rich man when he came to office, and all these infrastructure,roads ,schools, theatres, mosques built during his rule didn't came from his pocket, but were either tax payers' money or donations markaa maxaad ka doodi?

The Saudis, Chineses paid for the expenses, but they did it thru his regime? ;)

Odayga waxa u taray yaan meel laga dhicin, he must be given credit for his positive work.

Cumar   

Miskiin, you would think a moderator nevertheless would at least demonstrate some sort civility when conveying his messages.

Tell me, Ya Miskiin, what are your Islamic credentials if you feel agitated about me referencing a single ayaah. It's quite unwise to presume someone's Islamic background, 'cause let me make it clear Ya Miskiin, surely and Islamically, I am not in the wrong here.

I mean, it is quite simple to take the words of a deluded Evangelist about a deceased Muslim, but yet hard to conceive of his past accomplishments and practices. Good thing that we judge Muslims based on their outwardly actions, otherwise, every nut clannist with a grudge use it as an ammo in a spree of defamation.

Going back to the points I have listed earlier. Miskiin, going by your previous posts, which are myriad of anti-Siyaad sentiments, I wouldn't certainly struck me as a surprise if you even denied his achievements altogether. I mean, hatred based on clannism can only reach that level.

The Isbahaysiga Mosque was built with the assistance of Saudi Aid, is it such a principal factor that one has to negate who actually built regardless of where the aid money originated.

The Isbahaysiga Mosque was built in 1974 by the Somali Government at that time. Aid was the initial boost up to get things going since there were so many sectors the previous government had to focus on.

Your favourite news outlet you same to be in favour of quoting all the time mentions:

Masjidkaan ayaa la dhisay sanadkii 1974 tii iyo intii u dhxeysa 1987, iyadoo maalgelinta masjidkaasi ay bixisay dowladda Sacuudi Carabiya.

http://www.ssunion.n et/node/1090

Going back to my second point, Miskiin. One has to be in a complete denial to distinguish the influx of pre-1969 and post-1969.

All it takes is a simple look at the influx of mosques being constructed from 1960 to 1969 (4 small ones) and from 1969 to 1975 (more than 150).

Are you also going to deny the huge influx of students entering education from 1969 - 1975 in comparance to 1960-1969?

You have conveniently failed to comment on the weekly Tafsir program initiated post-1969.

Nevertheless the essence of the whole post and the previous one is to indicate the level that we stooped ourselves in to take the words of an Evangelist over a Muslim.

Cumar   

Dabshid, I wonder what our dear moderator would comment in terms of the boost in the education sector :D

1. In 1969 55,021 students were enrolled in all schools located in the country. In 1975, the number jumped to 240,550, which is an increase of 437%

2. In 4 years between the pre-revolution and post-revolution, there was an increase of 128% in elementary school enrolment which is equal to an annual growth rate of 32.1%.

3. Intermediate school enrolments increased 51% (21.8% annual growth rate). Secondary education enrolments rose overall by 63.8% (16% annual growth rate).

4. Before the Revolution, there were 6,412 secondary students of which 737 were girls. After 4-years of the Revolution, there were 10,500 students of which 1,773 were girls, considering girls; their enrolment increased 140.6% over the 4-year period.

5. Before the Revolution, there were 3 technical and 2 vocational schools in Somalia. After the Revolution (before 1978), there were 16 of them: 4 technical schools, 2 polytechnics, 3 nursing, 2 clerical, and 1 each for maritime, agriculture, animal husbandry, range management, and telecommunication technicians.

6. Before the Revolution (in 1969), there were 1,873 Somali teachers. Three years after the Revolution ( 1972-3) the number jumped to 4,486 teachers which was a rapid increase of 440% in teacher training.

7. Before the Revolution, there was not a single university in Somalia. After the Revolution, in 1972, a Somalia National University was established with five initial faculties (gradually expanded in 1974) in education, law, economics, agriculture, and the sciences were in operation. In 1974, faculties of medicine, veterinary, sciences, natural sciences, maritime sciences, languages and literate and fine arts were established.

8. Before the Revolution, intellectuals and academics still used the English or Italian terminological terms. After the Revolution, these terms were Somalized.

9. Before the Revolution, all textbooks and school books were written by foreign authors and printed in foreign countries. After the Revolution, Somalis had their own school and textbooks, written by Somalis and printed in Somalia. Between 1973 and 1976, the Ministry of Education published over 6 million text-books in Somali.

10. In 1975 alone, 1,180 class-rooms were built for primary education

Fabregas   

War, if he built a million schools,universities , mosques, prayed a for a thousands nights, and fasted a thousands months; it will never erase his ridda/apostasy of being a marxist and open denier of Quranic Ayat. The only way his ridda could have been erased is if he repented from his Marxism and his war against Islam and the Muslims. And Allah knows best if he did that.