Sign in to follow this  
Xafsa

Exercise

Xafsa   

This is a question for the all the fit nomads out there. What is your exercise routine....what types of works outs work for you?!

What are your fitness goals in the future.

Anyways Ladies and gentlemen..I know somalis are not known for their fitness levels siiba the ladies....this is your chance to prove that either wrong or right.

Go ahead don't be shy now!!

peace and luv

Bambina   

Shout out to all ma nomads!!! I dont have a special work-out but the thing dat I do ,I dance at home most of the time on Hip/Hop ,rap,somali,arabic,reggae music cuz I feel relaxed at the end.

Xafsa   

I posted the topic but I forgot to tell you what my routine is...

I bought these tapes " gilads quick fit" They work and tone every muscle in your body...you do them for 6days a week and by the end of every session you will ache all over.

My goal now is not to loose weight but to tone my abs and arms.

peace and luv

ZOLA   

sis, it seems like exercise and me dont go together these days....there were days when i used to go to BALLY TOTAL FITNESS about 4 days a week....watched what i ate and all that ...but ever since i started collage....everything changed..but am working on changing rite now ...it's about time i go back to the old routine.

any one of u ever tried TAEBO(BILLY BLANKS? i am telling u ..taebo videos r something...it's about time that i take mine out from the storage...xafsa, thanks for reminding us about exercise.

Rokko   

well, I guess ama join the club too aight..cuz dont' want to be left u know.

Even though our peepz are behind when it comes to exercising, it's really good for u mentally and physically...

Well, Malaika speaking on TAEBO(BILLY BLANKS he's gonna be here and couple of my co-workers are going there na'mean,

U might also wanna workout in real life with him..aight got some extra tickets..lol

Adna   

Salaam

I'm one of the mebers of Belly fittness Malika maybe i saw you there some days in the past just kidding so now i do at least hour and half every day i hope i will keep doing it peae and love

LadyMo   

Mine is simple and it all happens at de gym 4 or 5 times a week.

I run for 30minutes, 2minutes= warm-up so a slow-brisk walk then I start runnin for 10mins then increase the rate every 5 minutes I swear at de at I feel like I just escaped death by a second! Ooh & after de 30mins the machine has a 3minutes coolin down period which is similar to de warm-up only dis slowly decreases automatically.

Then when my blood is pumpin extra hard all ova my body I start to push weights (usin de soles of my feet) wiv my legs start at 40kgs 10-20times then I do 50kgs the same applies until I reach 70kgs. Then I lift sum weights using de front of my legs then other weights using de back & finally de sides (through a kickin-like action usin weight cushins I do both de inner sider and outer side of my legs).

Then I strench my legs and move to my arms, I use several methods but my favourite is liftin light weights while boxing in de air for about 10mins (u feel like ur arms are about to come off) then I lift regular weights wiv both hands.

Then I work on my abs and old-fashioned sit-ups on de bench (wiv de head down & legs up)are de best but I also use other weight equipments which r also good coz u can increase de load.

Then I do sum kick boxing & finish it all off by stretchin out and then hav a nice warm shower followed by a trip to de sauna and back under de shower howeva dis time a nice cold one.

Then I go home and sleep like a baby, but I hate washin my hair everyday coz its soo much hazzle & it aint good either so I do it every other day instead, does any1 kno of any good daily shampoos, dat dont ruin de hair?

But a word of advice de best exercise ever is goin out to a club or sumthin and dance non-stop from 11pm-5am the mornin after u'll realise how much of ur leg muscles u've been using!

(But wear trainers otherwise it mite not turn out soo well)

Xafsa   

Ex dane: Damn girl!! you really have it down pat huh?!!!

mobb deep: waryaa!! who invited you to our club? huh?!! i'm just messing with you...you know your always wlc....

peace and luv

A7LA-SHU   

OH LORD :eek: ....... EXDANE GIRL IM MOVIN THERE WITH YA HAVE SOME SPACE AIGHT( AND TELL MR WINGER U GONNA BE HANGING OUT WITH ASHTIA FROM NOW ON LOL.. BUT FOR REALS GIRL U SOUND LIKE MY SIS...

I WISH IF I CAN ADD ANYTHING TO THIS BUT SINCE MY LAZY ASS DON'T WORK OUT IM ONLY GETTING ALL THE INFO EXDANE HAD DOWN.. I'LL START BECOMIN A MEMBER TODAY YO'LL... THANKS FOR MAKIN ME FEEL BAD (IN A GOOD WAY THOU)

TAKE CARE GUYS AND STAY HEALTHY

biG mOm   

As-salamu Alaykum Wa rahmatullahi Wa barakatuhu

hmmm hafsa ,,, wali waa ordeysaa goormeed nasan doontaa? -- just kidding--

The exercise is Important to every ones health!

qofkii awooda ha sameeyo,

Iffah   

Xafsa,

My latest form of exercise is walking to school. 10 minutes of speed walking (so I can make it to class on time)...Normally I'd take the streetcar, but there is construction going on. redface.gif

shyhem   

Ilhaam

What is streetcar,i thought all cars were roadworthy,or do u guys have streets so dangerous that one should drive a Hummer H2 to intimidite both the potholes on the tarmac and the folks on the street too.

Xafsa   

S.O.S girl you crack me up.....

Big MOM-- orod ma dhamaado hooyo...you should know that ;)

I"m surprised there now guys here bragging about how much they can bench press...hmmmm odd :rolleyes: !!! I know we got some buff somli brothas up in here!!

peace and luv