Sign in to follow this  
Xafsa

Exercise

Xafsa   

Originally posted by MIZZ-UNIQUE:

I go to Free Kick boxing class every wednesday and thursday.......XAFSA tapes aa ...heheheeh

Naayaa qosol aa kaa soo haray...Now me using tapes is funny to you?...I'm coming down next semester anaa edeb kuu yeeli doono...isug lee yaah :D

Raxmah---lool...ka qaleey nooh.

well uhmmm exercise? yeah I shoulda been at the gym yesterday..but instead I took an afternoon nap *lol*

I ain't no work out queen or anythin g(like ex-dane over there) but I used to go there regularly, but I kinda lost my motivation. When I do go, this is my routine :

Stretch at home, walk to the gym (it's about a 7 minute walk)...go upstairs to the track.. run a 1 mile for my cardio..go downstairs ..use the elliptic machine (dunno about the spellin') for my glutes and hamstring for 30 minutes..Next, I go to the machines and just use the available weights (cus it's too packed in there and I don't feel like waiting on people)..the only one I wait for is the ab machine which is the best machine there so far...and that's it. The whole thing takes about 1hr to 1hr and half.

Anyway, I'm bored of this routine so I want to start this krav maga classes in the fall. I heard this chick went from size 10 to size 5 quickly. We shall see!

:cool:

Flying still,

It's an isreali martial arts. Very rough hand combat type of martial arts and very practical. Have you ever watched J.lo's movie "Enough"...she's doin' krav maga. It's very hard to find places that have that because it's new in north america. There is only one in michigan that I've found :(

:cool:

Xafsa   

Ok....I'm all for anything that teaches you to kick a$$.

I'm gonna have to look for classes here.

thanks hon

Howdy,

For SOL ladies that go to the gym...I have some questions for you.

* How much do you pay per month? ( I can't seem to find out less than $40)

* What do you wear? (most of workout wear is spandex tight little things)

* What machines do you use?

* Do you have any classes you recommend?

* How soon have u seen results?

* Do you have contract or no contract payment plan? ( I don't want a contract but most of the gyms near me have them -- there is no way I'm giving them access to my account)

I wanna join a gym and can't seem to find one that I like so far.

Faheema.   

^LoL, horta almost ALL of the gyms use DD (Direct Debit) there are few depending, but most good deals are done through contract min 12months.

* How much do you pay per month? ( I can't seem to find out less than $40) These days you'll be lucky if you had a gym membership that costs 40$/pounds smile.gif

* What do you wear?(most of workout wear is spandex tight little things) Tracksuit and t-shirts ...don't they have mini womans gym inside the main gym? it's standard over here.

* What machines do you use? xTrainer, Treadmill and step machine mainly. Depending on which part of the body you want to concentrate on.

* Do you have any classes you recommend? Spinning, Body pump, legs, bums and tums and boxercise are all good overall body workouts. relaxation , body balance, yoga are both good.

* How soon have u seen results? Most definately, but again it all depends on how determined you are, your diet and how often you go the gym.

Good Luck smile.gif

Blessed   

^One track ah, kan dhawr bool-baa ka maqan, wallee.

Tell me, how do you stay interested in the gym for more than 3 weeks?

I finally found a karate (ladies only) centre in Dubai.. and I can't join it for a while yet.. Typical! :(

Faheema.   

^ :D @kan dhawr bool-baa ka maqan ...I used to get bored, but since I started going to classes I become addicted lol, so don't delay join that Karate class and before you know it you'll be giving Jackie Chan run for his money :D

Pujah   

If you are in the U.S check out Bally Fitness center last time I joined it was $19.99 if you signed one year contract.

I don't pay any for my Gym as I have one through work and another in my apartment complex both free.

For aerobic exercise I love the elliptical machine and the stair climber. also the classes are always a lot of fun...it doesn't feel like work out most of the time as time goes by fast.

For weight loss don't forget to lift weights (alternate upper body work out and lower body) at least 3 x a week. The more muscles you have the more fat you will lose.

Good luck.