Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Motherhood-Is it becoming a Hobby for 21st centur mothers?

Blessed,

You’re a Joker walahi. I dare you go to the Markets of Hargaisa and Muqdishu and tell the women there to go home and wait on their useless qaad-daaqers of husbands, fathers, and brothers.

Are you equating the girls in Muqdisho and Hargeysa with enslavement, when in reality the girls in the west are in total confussion about their respective roles? Your blanket accusations for all men as khat chewers seems undeserving, but I would advise you to resign from the feminist impulses for that has failed to bring a headway. The rise of feminism has created backstage confusion before even taking a resolute course in western society. This should be a lesson to you, my dear Eedo Barwaaqo=Blessed. :D

Khayr   

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

quote:As for finding children burdensome, I find that those feelings are common amongst traditional Somali women. From, my observations, Somalis though they have many children aren’t very child friendly. Intaa wey ka cabonayaan about the sacrifices that they make for their children, their always ranting and raving about parental rights but pay little attention to that of the child. Honest to Allah, they depress me.

Blessed, I whole heartily agree with you. A large number of Somali mothers do find their children a burden, but who can blame them?

3 or 4 children, only 1 year and half apart, no support from the useless husband/father. He won't even lift a finger to help her around with the children, forget the household chorus.

We wonder why these mothers are so bitter towards their children? They are angry, they feel like slaves and most importantly all that hate feeling she has towards the no good farah is taken upon the child/children, since he isn't home for her to hate on him, she will hate on the next person, and that is the child.

Getting back to the poster and his perfect little world. It doesn't surprise me that you would agree with Women finding motherhood a hobby nowadays, everyone knew that was coming. How you can still exist in society just shocks me.

Really, you are not even funny anymore.

Let’s say some women might actually find motherhood a hobby, what is wrong with having hobbies, and especially a child as a hobby? Atleast women won't run out on their children, hobby or not.

Women will always stick by that child, whether she wants to or not, where is the man? Where are the Farahs? Thousands of miles away, pretending to be single and courting other females so he can make more women bitter? What does a man bring to the table? Absolutely nothing. They can't even get a decent paying job nowadays, therefore that whole saying of MEN BEING "BREAD WINNERS" is out of the door.

All I am saying is, a woman is everything to a man, where as the man is nothing to a woman. All of you men out there, you have atleast one woman in your life in the following categories. A mother, A wife, A sister, An aunt, A grandmother.

If any of those above choose to find motherhood as a hobby, that’s their prerogative

PS:Much love to the mothers who love being with their children, happy and willing to sacrifice, if that means no life outside of the child, much respect 2 you for making that decision. I just wish I can say the same about the fathers.
Lets give an Honorary P.H.D. to Layzie GGGG :D

Hating all the time on the faraaxs.

Making motherhood A HOBBY is an insult to the GIFT of motherhood and if ANY mother views motherhood as a HOBBY or treats it so....then her competency as a Mother is to be seriously QUESTIONED and Assessed!!!

Hayat   

i think, personally everyone is jumping the wagon.... being a mother is not something perverted, the real problem is not in having kids, i think it would be not spacing them very well. i mean its not all about popping, as you have to be careful int his era..............but what strikes me odd is that people are overlooking the fact that in the prophets time, women conducted their own affairs, they were never "oppressed" nor did they ever run after smokescreeb called "freedom" but went after their ardent desire without having to forget their roles..........they were mothers,wifes,career women................that is presentation..........

-Lily-   

Alle Ubahane, do you see every woman on the planet who wants to stand up for herself or say 'hey this isnt in my best ineterest' as a feminist? If that's the case then the word should be a equated with women.

Blessed, I wasn't disagreeing with you.

Rahima   

A front page article in New York Times was covered yesterday in this issue of women choosing staying home over working and challengin with men in all tasks. This looks a natural flight back to the previous position of womanhood.

Let's see the reaction of our westernized girls who think emulating western ladies suffices life in its totality.

Are you equating the girls in Muqdisho and Hargeysa with enslavement, when in reality the girls in the west are in total confussion about their respective roles? Your blanket accusations for all men as khat chewers seems undeserving, but I would advise you to resign from the feminist impulses for that has failed to bring a headway. The rise of feminism has created backstage confusion before even taking a resolute course in western society. This should be a lesson to you, my dear Eedo Barwaaqo=Blessed.

Cajiib, war Alle-ubaahane, would you please give it a rest already. I don’t think any woman would deny another the woman the right to want to be a housewife. The point here is that women do have a choice, you seem to think otherwise, which is what infuriates me about you :mad: . When will you stop this about feminism this and feminism that. What was so wrong about what blessed wrote?

Some might be confused but many are not. As for our men in the west, sadly many are useless, you and I both know that. The ratio of good husband/fathers to useless husbands/fathers is no way near equal. Somalia is the same.

Now brother do us all a favour, pls naga dhaaf this seemingly never-ending tirade about feminism and attacking of any sister who remotely voices that she has a right to have her rights upheld.

A large number of Somali mothers do find their children a burden, but who can blame them?

I do! Lazy, they chose to have those children and therefore should be grateful for the blessing of Allah. If a Somali woman has the misfortune of having a deadbeat husband, then she should get smart and start making smart decision. Allah does not burden a soul more than it can bear and whilst it is ideal to have a large family, if circumstances do not permit Islam and your intelligence permit for you to seek other alternatives. They should stop having children so often, one after another every year. Five years pass, she has popped out five, and cannot provide for them (not necessarily financially). I blame them walaahi. If he won't help you, help yourself I say.

Blessed   

Thank you, Rahiima smile.gif

I do! Lazy, they chose to have those children and therefore should be grateful for the blessing of Allah. If a Somali woman has the misfortune of having a deadbeat husband, then she should get smart and start making smart decision. Allah does not burden a soul more than it can bear and whilst it is ideal to have a large family, if circumstances do not permit Islam and your intelligence permit for you to seek other alternatives. They should stop having children so often, one after another every year. Five years pass, she has popped out five, and cannot provide for them (not necessarily financially). I blame them walaahi. If he won't help you, help yourself I say.

Couldn't have said it better. Somalis have this strange notion that they'll get ajer for popping out a baby every year. The ajer is in patiently raising sound, healthy Muslim children.

Alle-ubaahne

Bless= Barko. Blessed = qof barako lagu maneystey. Alhamdulilah. ;)

The word barwaqo only deals with prosperity and wealth. It's a type of blessing (barako0.

I think, you should also check your definitions of feminism

:Dicon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Rahima:

As for our men in the west, sadly many are useless, you and I both know that. The ratio of good husband/fathers to useless husbands/fathers is no way near equal. Somalia is the same.

That is a lie!!! Somali men in the West aren't 'useless'... objectively speaking there is no such thing as useless man or woman. Useless person to you is very usefull to someone else. A somali man in the West MAY appear to you as useless because and ONLY because you got other men to compare with. Given the Somali man's recent arrival to the West and the West's highly hierarchal soceital setup, the somali man looks not up to snuff. Back home where there are ONLY somali men, you rarely will hear utterings such as "somali men are duds etc." It will take the somali man some time, maybe not. But his children; 3rd or 4th generation somali men will certainly not appear useless to you xaliimos as by then they'll be fully assimilated into the West (assimilation is inevitable!).

Underlying cause for all the merital problems is economics and it's not limited to somalis. The divorce rates for most of the West is over 50%. The reason for it being it costs too much to keep marriage together and raise a family unless a couple are willing to live at the poverty line. Many don't bother with it or wait very late in their lifes when they're financially better off. Marriage was, is and will always be about economics and politics (religion). If you disagree with me, marry a poor kaafir Faarax.

motherhood has hounour and dignity for the role she plays in the family and thus the society as a whole infact she is the glue the holds it all togther.

many men and women see that if a mother stays at home and looks after the children as somthing inferior and deserving of a lower status, this is

erroneous. the home is the first training ground for all members of the society and the motherhood or 'housewife' deserve to be prioritised. if the mother is at home and the home life is secure and loving then the children will grow up as well mature and capable adults. thus the women who looks after the home should never be underestimated.

Naden   

I hear what you're saying but I am weary of anything that glamorizes the tiring and often difficult business of raising children. I am also weary of views that marginalize the father/husband's role in the family. Both mother and father are central to the functioning of the family and society, no one person is the glue.

Raising a child is serious business and the father is integral at every step, not just at the conception.

Originally posted by Umm al_khair:

motherhood has hounour and dignity for the role she plays in the family and thus the society as a whole infact she is the glue the holds it all togther.