Sign in to follow this  
nemo

Is it ok for a chick not to know how to cook?

Ibtisam   

^ i would not meet anyone if i was you? people have been known to kill people they meet over the net.!indeed someone people are still MIA after they met up with people from forums. :cool:

J.Lee   

Originally posted by besbaaso:

quote:Originally posted by J.Lee:

My brothers decided to be the cooks of the house until I became of age and when I did, I was too set in my "tomboyish" ways to master the art.

I learned to cook though ( by watching the Food channel
:D
) but like Malaika I don't cook by choice.

All in all:

I, too, am domestically challenged.

lol...have u looked in the mirror lately....with ur looks sweetie...u don't need to learn how to cook...EVER...
;)
Looool. we're in the same boat markaas; I better measure the Acct. for an apron size: Don't worry though Mama did always say he could cook better than most women she knew.

B.T.W

Good luck in school walaal and insha'allah I hope you ace all your tests. (He told me that they considered a grade below 98% failing :eek: )

nemo   

i would not meet anyone if i was you? people have been known to kill people they meet over the net.!indeed someone people are still MIA after they met up with people from forums.

Thanks for the advice IB but was not that serious and shes a girl I think? what can she really do to me :D

Lake   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

quote:Originally posted by nameless_chick:

Salam everyone I was wondering if it’s ok for a Somalia girl not to know how to cook?

Under
NO
attenuating circumstances is it ok!!!! I can't over stress this point. A girl/woman
must
know how to cook. If not, then that girl/woman is a failure...

Couldn't have said it better..A woman not knowing how to cook is clearly useless one lol

That's like one of the main factors into looking for a wife

JUSTICE   

I believe that cooking is an essential skill for both men and women, so you might not enjoy cooking today, but you have to learn how to cook. Not only for your man , but also for your self. Don't you fancy making a cake, or trying a new recipe....

that's how i did it and now all what I do now is cooking and cooking. I love it ..............

havn't you heard about soul food. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nemo   

Couldn't have said it better..A woman not knowing how to cook is clearly useless one lol

pretty tone, nothing pretty in your tone in this commment you have made.....well a women not knowing how to cook means she definately has other qualities. For example only speaking for myself I have my deen, manner and education. These are a better qualities than a women who only has the art of cooking :rolleyes:

Rahima   

Most definitely it’s ok.

Your worth nameless is not by your culinary skills, therefore not knowing something, which does not impact on your worth, as a woman is ok smile.gif .

Any male (they are beneath the status of a man :rolleyes: ) who insists that a woman is married for her cooking skills is a sad-a'ss chauvinist.

If you can’t cook, learn for yourself not for others because they deem it to be a disability.

^Bal tano kale arka!

What were you saying Rahima? That it isn't important for women to cook. How far removed from the reality you're.

Men and women should be able to cook and no self-respecting men or women should lack the necessary skills of cooking.

Especially women what will they feed their children and husbands later on?

You can't expect anyone to cook for you, that's why I say both men and women need to learn how to cook because if the wife is sick, who's going to cook for the children and sick wife? Are you going to beg around the neighborhood asking people if they could cook not only for you but your sick wife and children too? No way.

It's inacceptable for men and women not being able to cook especially for women.

JUSTICE   

^^^^ that's 100% true

cause when my mom is ill and no one is there( like me or my other sisters) my dad cooks for her.... I mean how romantic is that.

That's why men and women should learn how to cook, cause it's a skill for life....

pink   

Why are u thinking sooo backward we are not living in somalia, where men have power over women,contrary to our religion our prophet(saw) used to help his wifes.....you should be looking to stand up for you right not thinking in which ways your gona cook. it angers me when girls are so naive about their rights,in islam. most somalian boys these days dont even go to uni so he will end up being the housemaker anyways.

Is it oke for a chick not to know how to cook?...

I'd say NO!..like its said before, if its not for urself, then its gotta be for others. Specially for the dude u end up marrying..

Nephissa   

Now should a man be expecting to get dumped if he doesn't know how to umm, *scratches head*.. ? Dumping someone, or even using it against them, who can't cook is istupidh I tell ya. Kuwiinan hadaba you clean your own mess up, wash your own underwear and put food in your own mouth on a regular basis. Why expect a woman to cook/clean after you? Wa kibir & halagaa sheego Walle. :rolleyes: Xoogsade ** Hiiii** :D

PS: Girls, I hate to be this honest, but I'll tell you this, most of them waa calool ku caqli! I make a pan of oven ready lasanga for my brother and his friends from time to time, and man!! Do they fix my car fast when I need it L0L. Just keep them well fed, you know as they say, a well fed man is satisfied one or something caynkaasoo kala ah.

Lake   

Originally posted by Shihaabuddin:

need to learn how to cook because if the wife is sick, who's going to cook for the children and sick wife? Are you going to beg around the neighborhood asking people if they could cook not only for you but your sick wife and children too? No way.

Well if it comes down to that then...Take out food will do it until she gets better..No need to cook lol

The probability of you being a good scientist are high if you can cook. So cooking goes hand in hand with career opportunity. lol. The women right's movement proponents haven't explored all the options so if you want to have a career in science you need to learn to cook.