Sign in to follow this  
nemo

Is it ok for a chick not to know how to cook?

nemo   

If these girls can't be bothered to cook for their family and help their mothers out why are they so concerned with Farax.

Blessed, In no way did I say that I dont help my beloved mummy..I said that I cant cook there are differences sis..I do other things like clean and look after the kids (now they dont need looking after though) and I am not that concerned with the Farax's I only wanted to know if its ok for somalia girls not know how to cook and if there are other people like me..

And I agree with you're earlier statment

Walaal, you should know how to cook (and keep your home clean) for your survival

Cheers sis

Baluug   

There's no problem if you don't know how to cook everything, and it's OK if you're not the best cook, but you gotta at least know how to make the basic stuff, like Kraft Dinner, spaghetti and suugo, steak, bariis,...........Oh man, I'm making myself hungry, Be right back!! :D

Blessed   

Nameless,

Sorry, if you felt underattack sis. It's just that when I read your first post the words 'would you marry a chick that can't cook' jumped at me.

p.s did you just edit your original post because I didn't read anything about cleanning before? :confused:

Xogsade,

LOL@ had I not pushed you a little. Maybe I should make you my assistant :D

Feel free to add it to your ‘lines collection’. ;)

nemo   

Blessed apology acctepted sis

p.s did you just edit your original post because I didn't read anything about cleanning before?

LOOL walahi I didnt maybe you just missed it sis.

And yes I can see where you are coming from but just wanted to clear that I do HELP my mummy.

Besides I am the eldest after all and who else would give a good example ;)

cheers

Blessed   

^Awwwww, sis, ignore me today, I'm sleep deprived and can't go to sleep either. Anyways, just realised that your a newababy here, so welcome to SOL. We need a chilled out addition to this place ;) (((huggs))

Ibtisam   

^^^lool bless. i know that feeling. Use herbs/scents as relaxation methods before bedtime but even they stop working after a while.

as for cooking.

Answer; It is not okay for anyone not to know how to cook, male or female. it is a necessity, a must.

Xoogsade   

Blessed, My ex-boss was actually a female and was extra nice, gave me good reviews every quarter and best raise among peers. Anything less would be uncivilized on your part should I become your assistant smile.gif

Looks like I am done for now in this thread as only females are around. Feels a little odd to be seen amid only-women gathering. Take Care Blessed.

Blessed   

^Hehe, waan kaa badaney miyaa, don't worry soon the 'dhaqan' geeljires will come and put the girl in her righful place. :D

I'm a very good boss, I did one of those birthday /job correlation things and I was born on the right day for perfect leaders. I'll get back to you though, I've other applicants to consider.

Ibi

Thanks for the tip hon, will try it, insha Allah. smile.gif

Xoogsade   

Blessed, You could be mistaken by not placing me in your geeljire-guys book lol. I might just be putting a facade of a modern guy while I wield my geeljire sword hidden behind my back. You never know Blessed. I see myself as a Typical Somali(Geeljire). Take care Now.

Khalaf   

Walaal, you should know how to cook (and keep your home clean) for your survival . Simple! Mummy will not be around or willing to take care off you forever. Take away food is bad for you and your bank.

MashaAllah, MashaAllah, MashaAllah now that’s a smart woman! Again MashaAllah. smile.gif

nameless_chick, walaalshiis of course we would marry a sister that can’t cook, u marry someone cuz u love them regardless if she cooks or not. But as the blessed sister (again mashaAllah), said it’s for your own good. U don’t want to live off frozen foods and McDonalds for you and your family everyday do u? Your kids will become obese, and your husband will develop heart problems. Walaalshiis cooking is not hard, If I can learn it (thanks to one yr away from home), then anyone can do it-trust me.

Walaalshiis cooking is not hard, If I can learn it (thanks to one yr away from home), then anyone can do it-trust me.

Well, what makes one a cook? I don't think knowing how to make canjeelo, bariis, paasto and such makes you a cook. That's not what I'm talking about when I say 'I don't know' for those are very simple and most of us knew how to make it from seeing our mothers do it at a very young age. But, do you know how to make rice three or more different ways? Can you follow and make the exact same dish in a cookbook? How many dishes somali and international dishes can you make. Etc. Etc.

Take away food is bad for you and your bank.

Tell that to my stomach. :mad:

Khalaf   

Well, what makes one a cook? I don't think knowing how to make canjeelo, bariis, paasto and such makes you a cook. That's not what I'm talking about when I say 'I don't know' for those are very simple and most of us knew how to make it from seeing our mothers do it at a very young age. But, do you know how to make rice three or more different ways? Can you follow and make the exact same dish in a cookbook? How many dishes somali and international dishes can you make. Etc. Etc.

Sister, why do u need to make rice three different ways? Cooking rice one way is cool, we are not professional chefs here. And yes I know how to cook pasta, rice, chicken, suqaar. Anjeera, jabti-no buts its not hard either-anything is easy to learn if u try. And I can follow a cookbook, not hard if u can read. I live with pakistani and arab brothers we all cook-since none of us have our moms or any wives :D . Then of course we wouldn't cook :D Peace

STOIC   
Wow, here I thought a woman place in this world was scrubbing the floor and cook the food . As a tradition dictates, the Somali woman must know how to cook and clean before she moves to her own home. Okay, who am I kidding? The ever watchful eye of SOL women? I know this sounds disturbing ,but It gives me the greatest delight to see women cooking a good food for their hubbies. I do not doubt that men should help too :D .

Khalaf   

Ib sister I said I learned to cook to survive, and not burn my small bank account not cuz I like to cook. I do think I shouldn't cook, especially if I've been working all day and come home and then have to cook-thats torture. If she can't cook then Ill teach what I know and she can learn, and then she can take from there :D