Sign in to follow this  
Reality Check

Are Mosques really sister-friendly?

Originally posted by Gediid:

^^^^^A very valid point indeed.If someone had raised that earlier then the debate would have had a very different twist to it.

I made this point earlier.

Back to the topic, Are there Ahadiths that you think are authentic sources for Muslims?

Baashi, this wasn't the topic. (sorry for the one-liner ;) )

Ameenah,

The first step of "being about it" is to find talk about the issue. Since this is a forum, there are limitations to "being about it", don't ya think?

Aeryn,

I completely agree that the mosque should be central to the community and should therefore be a reflection of that community.

Raula,

And there's a hadith that says that when muslims are talking about a muslim issue, the angels are protecting them. And its human nature to question if something does not seem logical.

Gediid   

Originally posted by Devil's Advocate:

quote:Originally posted by Gediid:

^^^^^A very valid point indeed.If someone had raised that earlier then the debate would have had a very different twist to it.

Great point.

The question at hand is one of feminism, and I inferr it was originated from a western-minded person. Therefore, it is not a legitimate question in the first place. If, for instance, the questioner's intentions were well-meaning as to the Islamic Mosques attitide towards the women, then I believe the best answer for that is to pray at home. It is not an obligatory for a Muslim woman to pray in the Mosques, her home is more important than Mosques.

There has never came time when Muslims put more emphasis on building Mosques where an equal space was structurally reserved for women. I don't know if any of you can share with me any historical contexts pertaining to such matters.

^^ :D

Originally posted by Devil's Advocate:

[QB]
quote:

Originally posted by Gediid:

Sorry luv, I didnt read the whole thing, so I didnt kno u had previously made the same point. Plus...easy on Gediid, he's a cutie. ;)

Aeryn,

Nothing wrong with your statement at all. I think you put it better than I did actually. I was only responding to Gediid's last part of that statement where he says that if someone did say that earlier that the conversation would have went another way, which it clearly didn't.

Gediid,

How much clearier did you want it?

Alle,

The east vs. west thing is getting kind of old. What exactly do you mean by a "Western-minded person". Are you reffering to geography, religion, culture, values, etc? Alot of us were born, raised and educated in the west, and we happen to be muslims, and we happen to be "westerns". Does that make us any less muslim in your eyes?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with speaking out for women's rights at all. Even in Islam. You should read up on it sometimes, it might make you a little less chauvanistic in your views ;)

Gediid   

DA said

Aeryn,

Nothing wrong with your statement at all. I think you put it better than I did actually.

Now you have said it well for the both of us.

And oh yeah the someone I allude to could have been anyone including me and including you but it turned out to be Aeryn Sun smile.gif

Tuujiye   

MY goodness....

DA..don't them people know you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bashe sxb koo reer xamar baa wuxuu ku maah maahay...hadal aan meel gaareen waa "jug jug meeshada joog"

qof aan xadiith u arkid important ayaa la murmeysaan.

DA.the hadith shows us the way of life. How we should eat and drink, sleep and wake, how we talk to each other, how we should smile, how we should forgive..ext...

with out hadith no men or women would know anything about the quran. the hadith teaches you how to read the qur'aan and how to translate it, the importance of the qur'aan..

listen DA the more you try to sound very educational the more you play with fire.

walaahi sis I don't hate and please don't think I do but I have to tell you the truth.

Sis we are all students here which means we don't know every thing. So sis please except if some one tells you something you don't know. After all thats how you gain knowledge in life..

subxaana laaaaaaaah

wareer badanaa!!!!

Qac Qaac   

Ilaah baan idinku dhaariyay gabdhoo ma saan baa daacad idinka ah, kuligiin waa is duufsateen, even gabdhihii fiicfiicnaa xataa danbiga way iska dawaasheen.

thank god i didn't see this topic before, matag uuba iga keeni rabaa..

Originally posted by Feebaro:

So sis please except if some one tells you something you don't know.

How about if it was the other way around? Actually, whatever I said the Hadith is not a new, go read text about and do your own research. I am just trying to carry on a discussion here about Mosques and the sisters' section.

QQ,

I would respond if I can understand your Somali.