Sign in to follow this  
Caano Geel

Jaamacadda Bariga Afrika {East Africa University}

Originally posted by Nafisa:

I think this is a great step towards success and mobilization...they sure have my support as long as it will serve the purpose of a "university" and represent everyone equally!

I agree. Plus I hope to teach there one day Insha'Allah. smile.gif

lambda   

asalaama calaykum

Laga yaabaa in aysan heer jaamacadeed gaarin laakiin talaabooyinkii ugu horeeyay waa la qaaday arday badan oo soomaaliyeedna way u baahan tahay in waxbarasho heer jaamacadeed ah ay helaan .

waxaan rajeynaayaa in Mustaqbalka ay ku soo kordhaan maadooyin kale inkastoo maadooyinka qaarkood ay maal galin badan u baahan yihiin oo theorry kaliya aysan wax taraynin gaar ahaan maadooyinka sayniska .

Miskin   

i think it is an excellent achievemtn for those involved and for the somalis in general and we should encourage and support such an achievement. will it attract students from accross the country? certainly i don't see why not. will it survive? depends on how its promoted and run.

miskin

BN   

Originally posted by Shyhem:

Did u guys say university,i mean institutions like U oF michigan,U oF minnesota,harvad university,oxford university........I don't think any institution in somalia today can be called a university........Ploytechnic or community college is a better term.

I think it's stupid to compare a University in the world's richest and most powerful country with a University in one of the world's poorest and least developed nations. It's a step in the right direction.

Ma'salaam

Dalni   

Shayhem I think it is you who needs to learn alittle bit more about the geography of the African continent. Who told you Somalia isn't part of Eastern-Africa? Go check it out.

NinBrown   

Guys we are starting a book collection in London for the university of East Africa in Bosaso.

What about all the other nomads in other parts of the world who would like to start a book collection in their cities.

We should all pull together, to help our ppl back home.

wow, its fantastic to see people discussing this kind of issues because that trully shows me that Somali people trully care about our youth back in Somalia. Eventhough I don't have much information about the college but so far what I have read has given me some information that taught me few things. Some of my major questions about this college are..

1 Is the college very equipped, eventhough they might not have the latest inventions.

2 How is the ratio of students that go there

3 How many majors are being taught

4 Are the students involved with activities

One adivice I'd give to the students who attend that college would be, to keep gaining more knowledge and give back to the community and the college once you succeed in life.

People I'd love to get more information about this college and put effort in helping those people who attend because I think I could be a good mentor for those people because I am pharmacey major myself and I think I'd be good encouragement to them.

replay back to me at iqris500@yahoo.com

Let us start "BUUG CELIS" and start helping institutions like UEA surmount the apparent disintegration of the Somali education system. It is a step in the right direction.

I know Illmatic and the folks at Mankato State University are doing some book collections, but who else?

BN   

LST,

Thanks for the pictures/info on the fundraisings for EAU. I like the fact that they had an ATM for debit/cc and payphone to call dahabshiil. No excuses!!! :D

ilhaan003sistah,

All the info I have I read online. Check the links I added and do a search on Google. Also, If you would like to help contact nomads in your area(Ex.LST)to see if your schools can donate books or materials.