Sign in to follow this  
lol

Still In The Dark Ages?

lol   

This is the 21st Century and many men still believe in the superiority of men. :confused: I must admit I was appalled to know that. Don't guys see that days when men used to be the main breadwinners and women used to sit at home waiting for their men folks. If one looks back at the age, it seems Neolithic. Today, no woman is inferior to any man. Physically and mentally, women are on par with men. Women weight-lifting champions, I am sure, are not alien to anyone. Women have survived with chauvinistic men around, and the mental strength of women serves as a survival kit.

Men and women live under the same sky on the same planet, Earth. When did the men become superior to women or vice versa? Mars might be superior planet and Venus an inferior but so far no man has been found on Mars or women on Venus.

Should you guys, find them there, please let me know, and I shall agree with you, on the superiority you claim. :D

Gediid   

Hibo

Women weight lifting yes but the dumbells weight more .You can't deny the simple fact that men are superior physically,that would be an argument in futulity but say women are on par with men mentally,that I would agree maybe even concede that they are smarter in many aspects.

Ariadne   

Abilla, or whoever the heck you are, what do you mean by feminist "thing" ?

You make it seem like a stupid "thing" females do just to be superiour to men (or to declare it). You also made it sound like those phases teens go through with the no one undertsands me crap. It's about eqaulity nothing more nothing less. There will always be feminism or its alternative name (female empowerment) as long as women get paid 60 cents to a dollar the men are making.

Lefty   

This is one of those never ending resentment!

Personally, I don't have regard of the idea of one gender's superiority than another but a problem always arises when one feels the other gender is acting or thinking they're superior. Women are better than men in some area such as cooking and many others, and Men are vice versa like heavy lifting and others. Males hold some advantage so do females but Because how we think about and evaluate each side psychologically shapes our response to them. It is based in deep-seated cultural beliefs in male superiority in every society but that's matter of no important as long as women belief they're superior too in their own unique way. In my personal opinion, Sexual (Gender) identity is responsible for genderized power and each side is superior in their own way. Plain and simple!

However, If women belief male domination will be eliminated by challenge them and trying to do everything they can like most feminist do in most cases, they would definately end up disaster. Each gender should stick to their own power gender and let loose focusing what the other gender is cooking. females should focus on beauty emotional, and seduction as their source of feminine power..male superiority linked to male physical strength and power. Ladies don't think about Power if you think it's the theme of superiority cause it belongs to male.LOL

Smartness, lets not bother, it's a long story!LOL

By the way, superiority has nothing to do with dark ages. It's just never ending human nature!

I've a question though, why do girls care more talking and debating about gender superiority ???

----------

People....Men and women are simply different from each other( that doesn't mean one is superior to other). Even their brains work diffirently.....It is has been proven women are better communicators, better than men at language skills, can do multiple tasks at a time, and can sense when people are sad or in distress, on other hand males are at good hand on work , are better at maths, more physically stronger, and can only do one thing at time.lol.

There is no superior or inferior sex , men and women are here in da world to compliment each other. Women have been historically discriminated and they still are. Equality is your God given right whether yu are male or female, but one shouldn't argue for equality using the concept that boys and girls are same.

I personally think there are more smart women than men..lol. ... thats just my opinion.

Hibo.....Iam just wondering, can yu find a woman dat would take on Lennox Lewis or Tyson...lol

later nomads

Am supprised u have reached that conclusion hibo. Even discounting the religous distinction which is comprehensive, common sense dictates that men are men and women are women. It is not a case of superiorty rather rights and obligations, and thats where it is correct that men preceed women as it is there duty and obligation to provide for and look after them

lol   

Brothers hold your horses!

Abila: SOS Did answer u well so I won't add more to it for now!

Realist/Shuju: Don't misinterpret Islam brothers.

Islam assigned different roles to men and women. But that doesn't imply inferiority in any way. When we raise issues such as gender racism, all we want is equal treatment. Islam gave women more rights than we can ever dream of. We are not abusing the religion, and we expect the same thing from you GUYS. Misconception and misinterpretation of Islam is what caused the extinction of female rights. At the time of the Prophet (PBUH) there were many women who made difference in the society. They even participated in the battles. That shows that Islam permits women to take up tasks and play a vital role in the advancement of society while still receiving the same wages and recognition, as would her fellow men. And that, my dear brothers, is all we are asking for. EQUAL TREATMENT.

Gedid: I am not denying the strength of men bro, but what I was trying to make you visualize is that we(women) can take up the place of men when needed and achieve the same if not more than they do.

Lefty: We care about debating on this issue because it lays a barrier in our ladder to success. And till this barrier is removed this issue will remain unresolved. And we will continue to surface it from time to time.

Che_Chuavara: Tyson/Lewis might appear strong but if manuevering/bending of boxing laws would be allowed, you would indeed find women that could beat them. You see your power may be abundant in your physical being, but ours is mental and we all know that mind is more powerful than body... :D

NinBrown   

I dont understand what you talking about Hibo, God created both men and women. this gender equality B.S from the west is futile and time wasting. Kufars dont respect women.. they treat them as sexual objects and back in the day they were treated badly bay kufars who have no relegion..As for muslim men and women allah has set up a system which we should live by which is Islam...do you understand sis.

the rules that applied the prophets time still apply and relegion does not change. Its the kufar ideology that changes like the weather.

there several studies that show children of mothers who work full timefair badly in school and in society, they aremore likley to become delinquents and so on...

Its sad to see so many Somali women who get financialsupport(CAYR) ffrom the kufars mis treat their husbands and deprive their kids of a loving father....think about sis.

Baashi   

There is a new term in the west: 'Quality time' means enough time with one's own children. Women are the ones who coined the term. They want to stay home with their kids. They are winning if u consider legislation such as family leave, sick leave, and what not. I work with a lady who is pregnant...she is having a 'morning sick'...she exhausted all her vacation time and she doesn't wanna use the sick time yet for she is saving the delivery time. She said to me that the only chance to end this is to win the Jackpot smile.gif .

Hibo..I enumarated ^^ to make the point that whenever one social problem is corrected another one has risen...remember feminism/sexual liberation...the fight now is sexual abstention among students. Men and women are equal before Allah...they are different in many ways. Physically, men are stronger than women. Women are kinder than men. Women are more emotional than men. Smart woman completes, not compete with, her husband...and vice versa.

What have not changed, as londan_lad said, are the rights and responsibilities Allah has given to both sexes. In Islam they are protected..but too often cultures in Islamic states deviate from that true bath...our nomadic culture is an example. More women get educated the better they see that today they are used as sexual objects..just look the advertisement...naked, young, pretty, women is flashing her private parts to sell gum..what u make of that? Men are the ones who pouring the fuel to the fire...every time they see it they buy more gum :D

boycott   

Is this another girl power's topic ? 'cause only uneducated machos reader will get cranky..

"still in the dark age?" makes me think this Orson wells quote:

If there hadn't been women we'd still be

squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our

girlfriends. This shows hibo 's ramarks are not to blame but constructive...

However i'd love to have a girl to squatt

troglodyte eating raw rat meats, i guess my condemnable ways wouldn't be that much archaic.

Btw i made my mind, i think we are just rational primates.. :D

And for the equality i guess will have to wait till the cows come home.