Sign in to follow this  
Child of Dune

Why People fall in Love

Qac Qaac   

boring topic.. i don't like topics that really don't have one right answer.. especially when it comes to love.. everyone has his or her own definition.. which just makes it, for bla bla bla about ppl, and gets boring damn..

foxy.. the girl said is haram, coz she wanted to help the muslims here may be dating or not.. marka maxaa afka u goosanee.. everyone is entitled to hir or her opinion right.. marka ga gambiso gabadha hee...

as for my definition of love.. it comes after marriage, other then that.. find another word for it.. lust, attraction something to those lines.. but never exprience true love till marriage.. wa salaam u alaikum.. yaa kab la iga soo daba xoorin pls..

Originally posted by ALexus.:

Love isn't ...Especially not for Somali's. Since they take advantage of such a feeling.

I agree with you in tote. Leaving aside the fact what you say above paints all somalis with same brush -- there're somalis like myself who believe in love --, you make a valid observation. Love as a concept is very alien to most somalis. It is exploited and often looked down as sign of weakness.

Originally posted by Wordette:

Love in my view enriches life, nourishes the soul, makes you and those around happy

Maandhow, Love, much like liposuction, sucks and molests indecently innocent hearts .

Looooooooool@avatar

Ok. What do you propose as an alternative to love then?

* cross my fingers it's not enmity * :(

J.Lee   

^ Isn't he just adorable? smile.gif

They (love and enmity) aren't that different maandhow. They are both emotions we experess concurrently or alternatively (in lieu of the other, if you will).

To answer your question, besides hate whether it’s concealed or revealed, the only alternative to love is to not fall in love.

Love as a concept is very alien to most somalis.

Actually I disagree for most Somali songs are about love, usually unrequited love but nonetheless it's not an alien concept. Most Somalis know of and feel this emotion but from what I seen, they are usually incapable of expressing it publicly.

Foxy   

^^^

Love as a concept is very alien to most somalis.

Actually I disagree for most Somali songs are about love, usually unrequited love but nonetheless it's not an alien concept.

Most Somalis know of and feel this emotion but from what I seen, they are usually incapable of expressing it publicly.

^^^

True to that, to most somalis its form of weakness to express feelings or emotions when it comes to the 4 letter word are concerned....

Every human being feels emotion. Emotion being Love, Hate, and everything in between.

To express love, we make "space and time for love. If we focus our energy on one thing - there may be no space for other things, or at least no space without conflict.

While most of us do not understand love or why we bother fall in love if sooner or later we fall out of love, we still do understand familiarity and comfort surrounding love and its immediate impact on our lives. I am sure There are people in our lives which are important to us, mainly because We are comfortable around them and familiar with them....Bottom line,love is about giving and recieving without expectation or hestiation...... Its believed that love is one of the strongest emotions we might experience in our life time ( apart from Grieving for loved ones). To say the least, You need the Passion for physical attraction,Intimacy for bonding and closeness and last but not least the committment whether it be short term for the time being or long-term aspect in which you decide to commit to a long-term relationship.....

cheers

Originally posted by Brown:

But curious this Brownie Boy is, Say What if one is Mono Handed?
icon_razz.gif

LoooL, thats funny.

Now for the existence of LOVE, I believe love exist, I don't believe its an endless happiness nor pain. I believe that it is about acceptance and consideration, knowing that someone other than your parents is willing to go to the ends of hell n back for you, truly listen to your desires and recognize things about you that you had no idea of, basically teach you something new about yourself both good and bad. I think love makes us passionate about something which in turn lets us know that we are living. Yeah I am very optimistic about love, and I believe things happen for a reason to lead us to the next step and this is my justification for why love is pain sometimes, and makes us anxious and confused just as much as it makes us delirious with happiness and gives us that constant natural high, lol. Whether your optimistic or pessimistic about love know that it is the greatest mistake you can make, if you see it as that but mostly consider it as a leap of faith. My two cents on the subject of love :D

Zaahidah   

As salaamu calaykum.

I believe love DOES exist.

It goes through 3 stages.

1-Xub: is when you like the person and you enjoy their company.

2-Cishq:is when you LOVE the person and you're thinking of marrying him/her.

3-Wudd: is when you have love and mawada"compassion" for the peorson,this comes AFTER marriage!

The best love is when you love for the sake of Allaah.

Markaa jaceylku wax sahlan maaha waana loo dhintaa!!! I hope nobody asks me how smile.gif

Wasalaam

hodman   

Yes love does exist but I think it's just too much trouble...

about somalis not being good with love?Absolutely especially guys who think women are just property to be acquired and later to be forgotten about while he moves to the next chase! and women who think that the guys are just good for exploiting!

Definately not speaking from personal experience b4 anyone jumps to conclusions.

Are people really serious when they debate/question the existance of love? Honestly? Shouldn't that be a little obvious? :rolleyes:

About the topic, pple fall in love because it feels mmm mmm gooood.

LooL Femme you just reminded me of a line in one of my all time favorite movies, this exact question was asked: why do people choose to fall in love if it can be painful n the answer was because it feels F***ing great while it lastes!!!

NGONGE   

Originally posted by As-salafiya:

As salaamu calaykum.

I believe love DOES exist.

It goes through 3 stages.

1-Xub: is when you like the person and you enjoy their company.

2-Cishq:is when you LOVE the person and you're thinking of marrying him/her.

3-Wudd: is when you have love and mawada"compassion" for the peorson,this comes AFTER marriage!

The best love is when you love for the sake of Allaah.

Markaa jaceylku wax sahlan maaha waana loo dhintaa!!! I hope nobody asks me how
smile.gif

Wasalaam

Where is the GHARAM غرام

SABABA صبابه

TAYATUM تيتم (As in MOTAYAM FI HAWAKI)

HAWA هوا

WALAH وله

HIYAM (know the name?) هيام

Of course, I’m only using these terms because you choose to use the Arabic definitions for love. :D

Love me tender

Love me sweet

Never let me go.

You have made my life complete,

And I love you so.

Zaahidah   

As salaaamu calaykum.

NGONGE.......Allaah yajziika kheyran, kitaabkee ayay ku dhigan yihiin kalimaadkaa? baarakalaahu fiik.

I never heard of them smile.gif .

Wasalaam

------------------------

Allaahuma thabitnaa.

Simply_I   

Originally posted by Foxy:

let me just mention that relationships BEFORE marriage are HARAM, HARAM, HARAM!

Would You Like a microphone to speak out loud or emphasize more on the title...

the subject at hand was simple about Love and its mere existance Before U take the Seef La Bood Image or instance .........And yes Love will exist before and after U are fast to labelled it Xaraam or not........

Reer mullaha and their fore cousins are increasing by the second.......
:D:D

cheers

Your last comment isn't funny.

Sister i am becoming increasingly concerned 4 your wellbeing if you continue to conduct your affairs in this way.....

Falling in love b4 marriage is haraam, in fact we call it love but its infatuation and lust.

Having thoughts of sexual nature towards anyone you aren't married to is haraam and a desease of the heart. Now don't tell me when ur in love u dont experience that.

Opposites attract theory is a fake produced by the kaffir society, relationships based on similarities work better as the people involved are more compatible and agree in a certain lifestyle.