You may have tangible wealth untold;

Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.

Richer than I you can never be --

I had a Mother who read to me.

What are you to your mother for?

nadia   

*****eykuma salaam sis,

Very nice topic indeed.

i have always been my mom's favourite and my sisters were always jealous of me because of that. I can't tell you of a special thing she did for me as everything she always does is special.

Sister i hope you fulfill your mom's dream and dont do the nistake that i did when my mom went to hajj this year i didnt even buy her a pair of shoes to take it with her as i was too busy with silly things and i became concious when she was about to leave then all i could do was cry.

Qac Qaac   

masha'allah sister is a good quality for you to consider your mom, and be greatful to her most of the time...

the one i can't forget for my mom is the 9 months she carried me in her stomach, and pain she went through when she was giving me birth, that alone. i could never give her everything because it would never compare to it, the 9months, even if i take her to hajj and i carry her on my back all my live, still it is not enough.... and if i add the other stuff like giving me food, cloth, health... and so on... just make duah for her

p.s. shaabella you mom has a beautiful wish.. and insha'allah it will come true one day.

Wow, what a wonderful topic. What did my mother do for me....do we have all day? We cant even begin to start listing what our mothers have done for us because the list is endless but i'll mention a few:

- Taught me the importance of DEEN, DHAQAN, EDUCATION, LOVE, RESPECT and so many other things

- Carried me for 9 long months and gave birth to me

- Raised me for 21 years...and still ain't got rid of me :D

- Provided me with everything a child could ever need and so much more

- Keep my whole family together through everything that Allah has brought our way

- Kicked my backside when I did wrong (which I appreciate now, though it did hurt back in those days!)

It's too early in the day to get emotional but walaahi people we CAN NEVER repay what mothers do for us, all we can do is try to appreciate them and do all we can for them while we have each other. Shabella sista I pray so much that Insha Allah you get to go to haji with your mother, that is such a beautiful to do.

Adna   

salaam.

i can realte to some of expreices you guy's had with ur moms like shebele. my mom was a wonder and a great mom walaahi i admire her for how she has been my childhood. walaahi i remember me going to duqsi and school and not even having a hard the house work. my mom was always consider firs things firs my education was always first then house work will come after. i remember mom never said i had to do cooking or cleaning when i had a home work to do or some quran to memomrized. my mom has got me throught to memomrize the whole quran and i admire her for that walaahi i can list what my mom has done for me. i'm so thank ful to allah who allowed me or gave me the apportunity to fufill my moms dream wich was her coming to haj. i did that but that nothing even i can't compare what she had done for me that no thing and i have money thing that i wanna do for here if we both remain in life. so, i hope ya'll try to make ur both parents happy specilly ur mom becuse remember what she had to go through when she brought in the world. i'm gona stop here before i get in to many details.... love ya'll

ManshaAllah this is a beautiful topic. I dont think we can ever repay for what our mothers have done for us. I will always be grateful for what my mother has done for me and our family.

When the civil war in somalia started, my Dad was not in Somalia with us at that time, so it was my Mom who had to take all 6 children out of Mogadishu. We traveled many times within somalia, through gunshots and dead people everywhere. It was our Mom who comforted us and told us everything will be alright. It was our Mom who led us from somalia to Nariobi and later to Canada. Through hardship, our Mom tried to make us feel better by telling us happy stories. I remember when we were in this boat, that was about to crush, coming from somali and heading to nariobi...how our Mom would say happy things even though there was chaos all around us.

I will always be grateful for what my Mom has done for me and my family. She is the most strongest somali women and one day i wish to make her happy, the way she made me happy. I LOVE YOU MOM.

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum,

Nice topic indeed ,Im thankful that my mom carried me for 9 months ,took care of me and always wished me well in my education and my personnal life.

Like some of u said the beating is also a great part of the maternal luv though it hurt,lol.But as u get older , u get wiser and start appreciating all the things both ur parents did.

Maasha Allah, Maasha Allah, Maasha Allah.

I'm so proud of how highly you guys value your mothers, lets just hope that our kids grow up to love us too! Insha Allah. Or if not i'm gonna follow in the footsteps of my mother and beat their behinds too!

Mothers are sensational, their strength amazes me. Not that i'm saying fathers do nothing but without the strength of a mother a family would crumble....from what i've seen anyway.

Nuff love to all our hooyo's world wide!!

I found this poem on an Islamic website I just visited and thought of you guys! Have a read, I thought it was nice.

Our Mothers, by Sabina Giado

Her hands are hardened, there are lights in her eyes,

As she toils at that unforgiving stove,

'Tis a labour of love she performs,

Her brow is sweaty, the humid fumes rise above and over her head,

Yet we know that fairies dance on her shoulders,

For she smiles a peaceful smile,

All the while.

For each one of us, Allah has placed,

Guardian angels on Earth,

Who shelter us with their battered wings,

Who point to their wounds and tell its story,

Whose tears are like rain,

Whose smiles are like sunshine,

Whose acceptance lift our spirits like albatrosses in the wind,

Surely God could not have placed,

Such love in no other,

Than in those oft-forgotten jewels,

Our mothers.

Beautiful

Its nice for a moment or two to reflect back and appreciate our mothers. They are the backbone of our society. They struggle for our success in this life and the hereafter. No love compares to the love of a mother.

We appreciate all the hardwork they do for us and hope to please them with our choices and decisions in life.

This a beautiful thread directed to our great mothers, nice to know fellow nomads share the same thought.

Peace

Qac Qaac   

Hey guys, our tongues all said, we love our mothers, and have lots of respect for them. but let's hope our action says that too. u could say one thing, and do another....

no doubt somalia until right now, is alive because of mothers.... no mothers no somalia... simple as a b c.

where are all the fathers, somewhere earning some money, and in doing that neglects his family, i am not saying he shouldn't be working, but i am saying his wife should be with him.. if there is financial problem. i would rather live with my wife and kids and see the kids grow with their dad there.. then give them lots of money, and they don't know who u r..

Intizaar   

I can't even put words what my mother have done for me or for my borthers and sisters. My Allah protect and reward all our mothers Jannah for what they have done for us.