Sign in to follow this  
Crystal_Clear

GROWING UP IN THE 90S

Ariadne   

caano geel ...yeah portishead, garbage, massive attack I haven't listened to them since 2000 and now on the off chances when I do hear them I get all nostalgic....

The only electronica survivor I still listen to and loooove is Bjork

-Lily-   

Pipi langkous, Alfred the duck.......I think the show was called...alone in the world....Babar the elephant...was also aight.

ME, yep, Alfred's duck family got run over and he was adopted by one of those blind earthy animals, I don't know what they are called in English, and he used to live in a gaint yellow shoe. That show got me through many boring icy winter afternoons.

1.Michael Jordan & all things Nike, The Matatu life in Kenya,the Arrival of Beautiful Somalis from Somalia.

And of course BAYWATCH & Pamela anderson lee. icon_razz.gif

me   

Early 90ś

Starter caps

reebok pump

LA Gear shoes with red lights

Basketball team hoodies........Bulls, Hornets, Suns, Heat

Music

Hadaway..........what is loveeee

Dr.Alban.......its my life

Snap

2unlimited

I miss the 90ś wrong music........the classics of the 90ś don't need to be mentioned....

Movies?

I think I was too poor for movies.........the only movie I saw in a cinema in the 90ś was Space jam.

TV Shows

STARTREK enterprise.

Originally posted by sheherazade:

^LoooL. Unabashed lu..admiration.
smile.gif

You mean for Pam right? Well,just like Borat,I was dissapointed to when i found out about her smile.gif

So,You never watched TV in the 90s,You certainly dont watch it in the 00s,what in the world do you do? Wait,thats right,You go around the world! :mad:

I read more than I watched. I found the scripts to a lot of the stuff aimed at young people moronic(especially those featuring African Americans). Dawson's Creek broke the mould- when was that? I watched some of that. I wanted to write an episode- that's when I know I like a show. smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brown:

Michael Jordan
& all things Nike, The Matatu life in Kenya,the Arrival of Beautiful Somalis from Somalia.

MJ and the Bulls in those epic NBA Fianls vs the Jazz. One would sleep at 6am but well worth it. An influx of Somalis (early 90s). We went from having no football team to having 6 or 7 in the space of one summer. That was before Somali Community Centres/Organisations got greedy.

Sheh, yes a gas guzler. I would be despised if i drove this thing in the UK.

Malika   

Originally posted by me:

Early 90

Music

Hadaway..........what is loveeee

Dr.Alban.......its my life

Snap

2unlimited

I miss the 90ś wrong music........the classics of the 90ś don't need to be mentioned..

Aaah, memories of a time gone by.."I got the power" by snap

Dr Alban,lol..reminds me of the wonderful years in Stockholm.

me   

lol@I am too segsi for my shirt......that was good a good song............how about: Shaba Ranks..........Chaka Demus, ....Bill Biv Dafoe, Boyz2men, SWV, Total, new edition, shai (if I ever fall in love....the acapella version),soul for real,.. tevin campel (can weeee talkkkkk? allot of guys still saying that I think smile.gif )

Man..........this is probably the music all faraxs of the 90s listened to.

I am looking for the name of a group...........there where 4 of them/maybe 5......I remember 1 black dude, a Mexican dark skinned, also another Mexican, tall/chubby with glasses and the rest where whitish....they sang acapella.....somewhere around 96/97.......they had this song that just wouldn't leave the charts........in the video clip they where on some sort of a roof...........looking at some chick walking...and gong about her daily business.