Sign in to follow this  
Crystal_Clear

GROWING UP IN THE 90S

me   

Twisted? Nobody? Keith Sweat........some one should have aborted that guy......I hated that man and his annoying nasal voice.

How about Joe in the late 90's.....the album All That I Am every self respecting farax did have that one.

Originally posted by Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo:

There is this song on TV ad at the moment for washing powder. The owrds were 'she is so fresh, fresh , excited ....' Does anyone know?

I know the ad you mean. Like the song too. I don't know who it's by tho...Earth Wind and Fire, maybe?

Faheema.   

I remember this being in the charts for weeks on end

200px-Black_box_ride_on_time.jpg

Also, Soul 2 Soul - Back to Life.

Personal favourite of the 90's...SWV, Jodeci, Mary J - What's the 411, Bobby Brown, PM Down, Brandy, Johnny Gill, Tony! Toni! Tone!, Silk, Xscape, Tevin, Jodeci, and TLC.

Urban   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Another great man who walked barefoot through the streets of great old Ghaafiyaa! But did you make it all the way to Om Khanoor I wonder

No way.. Can the theory of six degrees of separation be applied here?

I'm sure you're familiar with Neceemiya floods as well, but never mind Om khannur, Goum Sibiilow was the danger area. I remember this 'war' we had with them.. water baloons :D:D

Malika   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

quote:Originally posted by Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo:

There is this song on TV ad at the moment for washing powder. The owrds were 'she is so fresh, fresh , excited ....' Does anyone know?

I know the ad you mean. Like the song too. I don't know who it's by tho...Earth Wind and Fire, maybe?
^^By Kool & Gang

MC Hammer's ,"Its hammer time" was one of my fav dancing tune..aah,days gone by!,now days even the two step somali dances tires me..old age!!!aargh

Ice, Ice Baby..by Vanilla Ice!!

Beenie man,is cool!

NGONGE   

Ms DD,

The song was by Kool & The Gang. I think it was covered by many other groups.

North,

Six Million Dollar man?

Dallas?

Eight Is Enough?

A Team?

Falcon Crest?

Big John, Little John?

Waltons? :D

Mananimal?

Chips?

The Cosby Show?

T J Hooker?

LA Law? :D

Doogie Howser? :D

Cheers?

Airwolf?

The Equliser (remember that Jag?)

Magnum?

ps

I know nothing about afternoon shows. I was hardly ever home.

pps

I don't expect Northerner to remember all of these. Not because he's young but becuase they never had good TV reception oop north :D

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Urban:

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

Another great man who walked barefoot through the streets of great old Ghaafiyaa! But did you make it all the way to Om Khanoor I wonder

No way.. Can the theory of six degrees of separation be applied here?

I'm sure you're familiar with Neceemiya floods as well, but never mind Om khannur, Goum Sibiilow was the danger area. I remember this 'war' we had with them.. water baloons
:D:D
:D A true Sharjawi in our midst :D

I recently went back (after 15 years absence) and easily found my way around all those areas. The guy that was driving was from Abu Dhabi and had to rely on my expert knowledge. I was heartened to see that the walls of my beloved Naadi el sha3ab had finally got a lick of paint. Aaah! Those were the days.

I still remember watching a football game there when the call for prayer from the nearest mosque started to blurt out. All the fans stopped singing. The whole place went quite for a few minutes afterwards. Then suddenly, the drummers started drumming and the all the fans started singing in unison: seleet, ma 9aleet, ya rabbi tooba (I forgot, I didn’t pray, may Allah forgive me). :D

N.O.R.F   

^^Sharjah? Met a few bballers the other night from Sharjah.

Dallas?

Eight Is Enough?

A Team?

Falcon Crest?

Big John, Little John?

Waltons?

Mananimal?

Chips?

The Cosby Show?

T J Hooker?

LA Law?

Doogie Howser?

Cheers?

Airwolf?

The Equliser (remember that Jag?)

Magnum?

lol

The A Team and Airwolf on a Sat afternoon after our Quraan class at the Somali Community Centre. Doougie Howser LoL

What about

Maquire

Desmonds

Bulls Eye

V

Miami Vice

Doctor Who

Cant remember the rest. But i didnt think you were in blighty in the 80s mise you watched them on your one channel TV in UAE?

Intel   

Family-Matters and Full-house..

i used to run home after school to watch those shows

Steve Urkel was cool :cool: