Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Exactly who here is a Londoner?

Hey you state side nomads, If you want to hire a tourist guide in September, then I am up for it!. We can always arrange to go to the best places in the country as a group! :D:D

Peace.

P.S....You can hire me near Speakers Corner in Hyde Park, opposite Marble Arch and not far from the arab places in Edgware Road ;) . The hiring shop is near the Maroush Restaurant!. :D:D:D

Yeeeey!

Am all excited now that I see all the hands up in the air.

Guys, the get-together is to welcome one of SOL's senior nomads to London....from the US. We have to show that Minnifabulous crowd how to welcme ppl! icon_razz.gif

Juxa, alwayslearning and nefertiti....I hope to see u girls there. We can't have the male nomads dominating the conversation, now can we? ;)

Conspiracy...convince 'you know who' to come, will ya? :(

Faheema.   

Oi, Oi, what is this? a get together? Sounds Fab. So, where’s the location?

Ocean Restaurant? (About the only decent Somali restaurant in London) Count me in.

p.s. I see what you meant Barwaaqo, SOL becames kinda addictive after a while. :D

London, eh?. I must admit the city has its share of sights and scenes, but most of all one would miss more than anything else the rich social lifestyle, the civic culture, the nightlife and the institutions of the city.

I’ll give you the nightlife scenes I used favour in my days -

There is no match for a weekend spent in the West End relative to any taken up in the cities of the US perhaps with the exception of the Big Apple or San Fran. Both cities are decent but no match for the weltering and captivating revellers in local haunts in London.

Whether one is interested in the R&B regulars (incl. the good old (rather stingy) Old Nations in Hackney, a few I could not remember their names in Brixton and Streatham (wonder if these are still around) and the best of all the Spider Web (members only);dance club scene (vague, coliseum, hippodrome, premier – more of tourist scene); or late night jazz clubs (Black Horn, St Giles, Lion Head or even what used to be my favourite haunt the Jazz Corner in Walthamstow and many more); or even continental and Latin houses (bar Madrid, French club in Soho etc).

There is a real nice spot in Watford city centre, a bit of drive I know, but real nice (lads would love this spot) – could not recall the name. Hastings, Bristol and Brighton sport real nice places but touristy in the summer and dead quite in the winter.

If one wishes to head up north on M1 places like Sheffield, Leads, Hull, Dunstable, Anglia, Edinburgh (some real nice spots if you could master the local linguo and avoid crazed, drunken Scots wielding pocket knives if you ever chat up their lasses), you should have a good time.

I am afraid could not say the same about any of the cities I have been to in the US – nothing impressive – other than massive motorways, ludicrously large motors and skyscrapers only in downtown areas.

Love Atlanta though – gorgeous city as I would put it on the same scale as Glasgow!

Perhaps out friends from the US could enlighten us as to why someone would want to visit the country?

DC has some nice places to go to – George Mason town, Potomac River and the Pentagon – have you ever visited the white house before 9/11 when it was open to the public? The place is highly overrated as it is just a poorly decorated old house.

Speaking of culture and institutions could take days – but we will not go into that today.

Enjoy your get together,

Best of luck!

Samurai,

Does that mean you are one of us? Or were one of us? Should have guessed... ;)

Shayma,

Lovelios! I was hoping you'ld be able to come. And about the location...don't kno yet, but probably Oceans...unless someone wants to suggest another place?

And yes, SOL is bloody addictive, u wouldn't believe how many times I've tried to give it up. Didn't work. :(

Sure, Barwaaqo - Not were as in the past, rather still am. Simply travelling for work at the moment, but still watch Newsnight, listen to RadioFiveLive and LBC and read the Guardian.

Blessed   

Oh! You shameless lot, :mad: having a get-to-gether right behind my back redface.gif *feels left out*

Just kidding wid ya. smile.gif

I hope all you lads and laddets have a laugh - though thats hard to imagine without my being there ;) *Joke* (man, this ego needs to leave me alone)

Now, ya'll better look after my inaadeero smile.gif and show em what a lovely bunch of nomads we Londoners are :D or you'll have the mighty 'Amakaags' (my deadly 'family', for those of U who don't know) to reckon with ;)

Damn, this forum is just infested with Londoners :eek:

p.s

Barwaqo, darling make sure you have a glass of you know what on my behalf.

Salaam and love

Juxa   

mmmmmmmmmmm, barwaaqo walaaley another london waali aa bilowday,,,,,all of sudden dadki dhan waa wada daris,,,,,,,,,caleen la aan iney soo socoto sow ma ogid, not to mention sonkorta shaaha already increased to 49p smile.gif

iam already looking forward to the get together, love my food,,,,,,perhaps i should start fasting boos fiican saan u baneeyo ;)

i hope to see u all,,,,,,,,seems like a yippieeeeeee fun,,,,,,,too bad ameenah wont be there.

salaam all

Berwaqo, cousin i tried to convince 'you know who'

and my attempts failed but i will try again and i'll try to be more Persuasive today.

Jamal!! i know that my nigga but yo we'll link this afternoon anyhow

Samurai,

Tis unfortunate ur not in town. Not to worry tho, I'm sure there will be other get-togethers in the future Insha'Allah.

juxa,

Adna ma yaabantahay? Reer London badanaa! Waxaan ka baqanayaa iney PG-Tipsku iga dhamaadaan sidaan marba mid shaah ugu sameynayo. Maxaad tidhi, sonkortu xagaaga waa 49p? Naa bal jawaan ii soo iibi, halkayga baakada yari waa gini e...I always knew East London was cheaper. :mad:

Ameenah,

Xabiibti bal is daji...u know no-one is going to really enjoy themselves without u being there. Have no fear, I'll be very sad thinking of you as I stuff myself full of timir cake and ice-cream. icon_razz.gif

A glass of 'u know what'...Do I have to? Ma in dhulka la iga jiido ayaad rabtaa? redface.gif

U know I'm allergic to vanilla milkshakes. :rolleyes:

Conspiracy,

Ah, yes...they are difficult, aren't they? Don't worry about it, I've let them off the hook...just make sure u come Insha'Allah.

WILDCAT   

The Cat was there. No one was killed, no one was maimed, there were no tears. She was on her very bestest behaviour.

Peace did however only come with the help of Barwaaqo, who was kind enough to bring my leash and muzzle.

The furry one had a most excellent time with her fellow SOLers. :eek:

*Waves at Juxa* :D