Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Exactly who here is a Londoner?

Hibo   

jamaal1 u should never brought about west london is the worst place to live in london..i use to live there it is beyond compliments....but there are these places i like in the west hounslow, richmond, chiswick .... the atmosphere is fantastic

see yaa byeeeeeee

Hibo   

Ameenah/Mataan: I have NEVER been to LONDON...anytime I direct my consciousness towards that part of the world, someone pops up n says, u don't wanna waste ur money on that filthy, God forsaken place....and hey it does shake ur mind a little bit... but I am gonna break the ice n pay my visit to London, this summer inshallah!! Then I will have my own view of London... i heard too much BS about that place.. though few of my treasured friends reside there...it has never crossed my mind to pay them a visit...this time I am all in for the surprise... so await me at heathrow!!

------------------

Each one of us is a masterpiece in progress

Hibo   

cwm2.gif @ Wildcat, thats a fair comment, I suppose.

I would actually love to meet ya and Barwaqo .. Us lot sound like the typoe of gals i can get along wid .. and since, Barwaaqo offered to waste her money ... dats fine .... (though we can nagotiate - hope dat moves ya B cwm20.gif

Jamaal, walaalo I have a whole list of bad things associated wid west London, but I won't go there .. i'd just hint that west Londoners scare the life outa me and I never go there if i can help ... sorry .... i still loves yous though lol

Hibo babes, see you in Heathrow ... trust me you'll go back with nothing but praises of crazy old London town.

A lot of the Somalis that come here for visit go to the maraafesh (esp. the guys)...walaalhi thats no lie ... that isn't exactly your ideal holiday is it?

Hibo   

Ameenah...heard ya'...took the words outa my mouth...*so* hard to come across nomad with the same outlook ain't it?

Name the time and place gals n I'm there...preferably a weekend with nice whether...so I can bring out my prized aviator shades...o.k I'll admit I'm a bit of a poser aight cwm11.gif

Barwaaqo/Ameenah...what've you gotten yourselves into!...I'm perfectly harmless really...I'll make sure I've had my shots for our little outing...no worries smile.gif

--------------------------------------

Pass the chocolate slowly to me...and no one will get hurt.

Hibo   

Whats so great about London?? Am afraid to say my visit was a living hell - a complete waste - Guess thats what happens when you go visit Somalis (only taking you to where other Somalis gather etc) not a whole lot fun there - Wonder if sight seeing is in their vocabulary!

Got it all figured out tho' - Next time I visit, will be on my own - a real tourist.

Don't you wonder if you spot a lost lady in the streets of London - Its just me.

God Bless.

------------------

"He tried to be somebody by trying to be like everybody, which makes him a nobody."

ARAWEELO   

I have some family members in London, but I heard it rains almost every day & that scared me a bit. Is it true and if so how can you have fun when it rains constantly? cwm6.gif

I also have never been to London but i have family there. Almost everyone i know tells me that London isn't any better than a third world country.

I heard fathers, mothers, kids, cousins, in-laws and neighbors sit and chew Qaad all day long.

THAT IS WHAT I HEAR SO DON'T CHEW ME UP REER LONDONERS.

Taqwa   

Salamu Alaikum,

If you like the environment of Somalia and the multicultural environment, then london is for you. If you dont' mind heating the water for a few seconds, don't mind seeing south asians in upton park (east london) then I would say, london is again for you. If you love North America like me, then I would say you should think of another European country to visit, like spain.

Cheers,

Taqwa smile.gif

ok guys am i able to join the club if we both share the same Queen..*LOL* yeah i'm from australia

hibo i totally agree with ya sis, i don't understand what's up with london isn't a small place that cars hardly fit in....and everybody sounds like spice gurls..lol no offence guys but i recon london needs bit of expanding to do..and i love the accent

cwm6.gif

Hibo   

Oh dear oh dear ....most of you are totally biased about London and abit unfair about what you say about this lovely city. London is the place to be. It is a great melting pot of different communities, variety of foods and most of all tolerance of other races and religion. Most of you havent even come to this beautiful city and yet you have alot of rubbish to say about it.

Suggestions for you guys....

1- When you come to London dont go and live with your relatives and expect to enjoy London. Most of the dont know the city anyway as they use trains and never see whats on top. Use buses instead and try wearing walking shoes so you can ennjoy the sights and sounds.

2-Try to either visit afriend who is open minded and knows London or just book aroom in ahotel for the duration and get a travel of whats good here.

3-Dont listen to what others have to say as thats just romour or aspecific bad experience. You all know that Somalis thrive on romour and hearsay so dont be avictim. Try it yourself.

4- Somalis always love ghettoes and for those who dont, they live on flats where there is nothing but alot of rubbish and ofcouse the impoverished. Dont let that disappoint hit the trains and see the other side of the city.

------------------

There is no Sin Greater Than Ignorance

R.Kipling

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._

`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)

(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'

_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'

(il),-`` (li),` ((!.-` S-h-a-q-ss-ii

Shaqsii u are right bro, i am actually thinking to visit a family that live in london so i will take ur suggestions and see what london is all about..and incase i get lost i will log in here and complain..lol

cheers cwm6.gif

Hibo   

Hibo: Girl I'll be standing beside Ameenah at Heathrow....so u better get ur a$$ to London this summer, u hear? (insha Allah).

Ameenah: Luv to meet ya too sis. And yeah negotiating sounds good! U girls might look all slim, but I kno u eat like horses!...lol.

Wildcat: Bit of a poser?....girl u put the oser into poser and don't u deny it...I've got the pictures to prove it! cwm2.gif

To those ppl who've never been to here, yet who think London is crap, I suggest u take Shaqsii's advice. The brotha knows wat he's talking 'bout!

Hibo   

BARWAAQO lol

AliG once was quoted saying

"if u was neva to west-london(staines) u has neva been to London"

West-London is the ral-deal for real, you will taste the pleasure on one side and then the danger. It is a BA_BOY heaven, from drugs to Speed-Garage, you u get me?

Other sides of London are i reckon patty-boy chillout, while in wst-london especially around Southall we live independently from whites. In the whole of Southall, it has only 11 whites families lol, wher else will you get that from.

You will get everything i mean all sort of shyt there

NB: I live in Hayes not Southall and work in Hounslow but i just love the place southall.

[This message has been edited by JamaaL-11 (edited 04-30-2002).]

LoL Jamaal....I can't believe I didn't see what u wrote b4!

Southall?? Please! That's one place I've no desire in visiting again!

I went there shopping for Indian materials (garbasaro) for a wedding recently (apparently, they're cheaper there)...and my God! what a nightmare. From now on I'm sticking to Tooting Bec...the shops are more expensive, but u get space to breathe! Laa ilaaha ilalaah... redface.gif

And what are u talking about garage for? U know South London is the home of Garage, i.e. the home of So Solid Crew and loads of other acts. icon_razz.gif

LoL...u know am messing wit ya, don't u? ;)

PS: May I ask where Kamila is from? A westerner is she?