Sign in to follow this  
nuune

My discussion with 2 Jehovas Witness today

nuune   

In the troll section, I said that I will have a discussion with 2 guys of Jehovas Witness at 4pm today,

Maybe some of you met christian preachers in the past, but maybe each one of you had different approach and handled the discussion in a way that suits you, but this is how mine went on!

here is the discussion, summary of it, the discussion lasted 3 hours and 50 minutes,

To start, I will skip alot so not to tire yous, these two guys from Jehovas Witness raided the house of one of my friends last week, and wey is mari waayeen, as he put it, hadalka dhan ayuu u soo gaabiyey, he welcomed them, come in, sit down, shaah cabba, maxaad rabtaan, jesus will save you etc and all the shit that comes with, he told them, I believe Jesus as a prophet, do you believe Mohamed to be a prophet, realising the discussion inuu soo dhamaanayo if they said no to him, so they went off topic original sin and redemption, this is all last week, at the end, they said they will visit him next week(today at 4pm).

My friend called me yesterday, explaning to me what happened, and how these guys he never heard of them visited him, I asked, who are they, any particular sect of Christianity they belong to, my friend said they had somethin Juhaafa or juqraafi something etc, so I knew he meant Jehovas Witnesses, with their own version of the Bible of the New Translation Of the Holy Scriptures, I was also well aware of that they are traned to take of the conversation and manage the whole discussion with verses that particular deal with what they are trying to preach,

The time was 4pm, I went to my friend's house, the two Jehova Witness came on time, of course, I was better prepared, with my previous encounters of those guys couple years back, I knew who they were, and what they are about to preach, they are trained with particular verses of the New Testament, specially Paul's letters to Timothy, his student, and only quote and use and abuse those verses without context, here and there, knowing the verses they were gona use in the discussion, I knew their whole objective, I did not tell my friend about what I know about christianity etc, he only called me to help him find few verses of the Quran in English, in Sura Maryam.

I can't write everything that went in the discussion as it would be pages and many pages of writings, but to summarize, I requested them to give me a review of their last discussion they had with my friend, one of them is quite, but helps in finding verses and doesn't talk much, he is spy and will report to his towerwatch about everything his friend said and how his friend handled the dicussion, and the overall discussion the other one is trained to the specific verses only, and to go off-topic when things don't go their own way,

I started to make things very clear, knowing that they differ alot from Cathollics, Protestants etc, they were not expecting me or someone else, they just wanted my friend, so I started asking them whether we can all agree that there is only one God, Almighty God, while I mixed some verses of the Bible that support the one's of God, they said OK, we agree to that, no doubt, one and only one God, good,

Next, I asked them about Jesus(pbuh), I knew they don't believe him as God, as catholics do, but wanted to make things clear, they agreed with me that he is not God, or Lord, in replying to that I quoted from memory some verses from the Bible that Jesus preached and was just a messenger sent by God, sent to the lost sheep of Israel,

Another point, they made a compelling statement against the catholics and other christian sects, that they don't follow the true Bible or Jesus, just what I wanted to hear, big agreement there, one point they said, the guy who was talking, that catholics played with the words of God, and mistranslated the Bible etc, to suit their own agenda and objectives, these guys are closer to us indeed, I said that in my mind,

I asked them about the Trinity, and what they believe about it, they made another allegation against Catholics, this time that the catholics invented the Trinity, and that 3 and one or one and 3 are not equal, this was BIG statement, and just what I wanted to hear, they said they don't believe the trinity, while I agreed to them and added that the word Trinity is not even in the Bible, while I was asking them question which they were not expecting it, but rather in every agreements we agree on one point I was mixing some verses from the Bible here and there to disapprove divinity of Jesus and Trinity etc, they were looking at me as wher I am getting these verses, I didn't yet attacked their Bible and was not going to do so, I made the authenticity of the Bible to be a subject in the middle of the discussion, halfway around that time, so this is not the moment now, the holiness of the bible was going to come later!

we are basically having common grounds on major common issues, they don't believe Trnity, the Divinity that Jesus is God, and that there is only one God, Master of the universe, these are good point to have at the start.

Now, comes to my other question, at this point, I am making them talk by asking them questions about what they believe, I asked them about if they believe that Jesus is Son of God, they said YES, in agreement with one another, I told them just to clarify things to show me the reference, both had their own tiny book of the New Translation of the Holy Scriptures, so they quoted a verse from the New Testament that says Jesus is the only Begotten Son of God,

that is what I was expecting to hear from them, I knew they will quote such verse from that book in the new testament with emphasis on the word "begotten", at this phase of the discussion, I took control of the conversation by asking a question, and continuing with verses from the Bible that says such names of people and prophets in the Bible had also being called the only begotten sons, to make it clear, I didn't have the Bible with me, I asked them to read it to me, my friend was sitting next to me, so I asked the guys to read such verses so and so and lets hear what God says about those people whom were also called only begotten sons,

the guy who was quite is reading those verses loud, that was very good, very cleaar, his friend is listening, so myself and my friend, that was my point, I gave them countless verses from the Bible that describes many people in the Bible to be the sons and daughters of God, I could see the guy reading trying to stop but hesitates then again and continues reading the verses both from the old and new testaments, in complete and not short cuts,

once he finish reading that, I took control of the conversation again, by making comments of the verses they read out loud, I asked them why do you call Jesus to be the only begotten son of God, and not other prophets whom were also called the same titles, at one point, and I am trying to summarize this, the guy who was talking didn't had a reply to my question, but his quite friend helped him and said, because Jesus is the Firtborn son of God, he quoted from the new testament,

we are getting there, almost, I gave the quite guy another verse from the Bible that describes a prophet to be the firstborn son of God, and a normal man to be the firstborn son of God in another verse, the quite friend stayed in his quiteness, the other guy interfered and said because Jesus had no father, I bombarded that Adam didn't had mother or father, and he should be the one that qualifies to be called son of God since he was called only begotten son, and firstborn in the Bible, why only concentrate with Jesus!

The guy who was talking stayed quite for little period while my friend was helping them with sharaab and shaah with biscuits, they needed little break, but they were no where going to continue to answer the points I made, so the guy who was trained to talk tried to change the subject by talking about Original Sin & Redemption, he was trying to connect the sonship of Jesus to the original sin and redemption,

knowing that he changed the subject, I asked him to give me the verse that says everyone is born with sin and inherited that sin from Adam, they read that verse loud, and before they make comment on to that verse I gave them more than 5 verses that says, in the words of Jesus in the Bible, that Jesus said everyone is responsible for their own sins, nor the father, nor son, nor mother, or anyone else would take the sin of someone else, and other verses that says everyone should be judged according to what they did, bad or good, right or wrong, this was from the bible,

at this point, realizing what they talk about is actually in complete disagreement of the verses I gave them, clear contradiction, and conflict, I continued saying that, according to the bible, every born child is born without sin, few verses from new testament I quoted, but also made them read it loud, at this stage, they had nothing to say about those verses I gave them, the quite guy said he wants to go the bathroom and left his friend behind, so my friend helped him to the way,

while the quite guy was away, I changed the subject, and asked the guy that, suppose if one verse of the Bible says something and another one says something, and both are talking about same incident etc, but the verses are not in agreement, the guy said to me what did I mean by that, he knows I changed the subject, and that I am asking the authenticity of the bible or whether it can be called holy, I explained to him what I meant, and he asked to show him proof to support if what I am saying is correct,

I gave the verses that contradict each other, and they are so many, but told him to read them to me, so he requested me to give him a blank A4 paper, my friend supplied a book of A4 pages, his friend came back from the bathroom, now not realising what the discussion is, I asked him the quite guy to read verse number so and so and compare it with so and so,

he did that, and I asked for explanations as to why this is, why the conflict of the verses, it should be the word of God, with no error or contradiction, the verses I gave were from the old and the new testament, the other guy tried to explain by saying that it could have being translation error, and the original might not be like this, I asked further, give me the original, which he said he doesnt have it, just as I wanted because I knew he cant get an original version that disapproves what I told them,

My friend, who was sitting on my right hand side, and next to him were the two guys, my friend said at one point, we have not touched the Quran yet, that was a killer statement wallaahi, the discussion was long, and not to make it any longer further, I will summarize it one more time,

knowing that what they expected was not like this, and everytime they deviate from the topic we were dicussiin, I was bringing them back every time, untill the guy who was talking said, he wants peace and friendship, he is totally lost, and at this time, all the verses he has being trained to say, he used them all, nothing is left, and he cannot make comments to the many verses I have him, his A4 pages are full, both sides with the verses I supplied to him, in fact, I was using their own version of the bible the new world translation, I knew if I had King version or the Revised standard Version, they might say they don't even believe it,

I recall, during telling them that the bible went through major changes in time and history, and that it is not in its original format, at one point, they quoted one verse from the new testment, in which they had already used to testfy the holiness of the bible, but this time, he is trying to prove it is the word of God, original, that particular verse is a letter sent by Paul to his student Timothy, and Paul said that all scriptures are inspired by God,

so I asked the guy to explain what was Paul trying to say, and what is meant by all scriptures, of course, they left the verse before this, which clearly explains the context and the meaning of the verse that follows, he didn't explained it, but I did explained to them what was meant, and that it cannt be applied to the entire bible since Paul didn't said the bible is inspired by God, the bible was not fully written at the time,

half of the new testament didn't even exist when Paul wrote that letter to Timothy, enough history, they tried to say the bible was complete, but knowing the history and that they are not equiped with that, I asked them read the commentary on your bible about the times that each book of the bible was written, it gives them rough date, it is all there, silence was showered to them, my friend offered drinks and snacks to them while they are in that period of silence,

we didn't talk about crucifxtion, or resurrection, amongst others, this was not their afternoon, they had with them more than 20 leaflets that they were trying to find something and anything that could help them regain control of the conversation, they were too late, they usually don't spend that amount of time in a house, they had appointments with other houses, but their time is being consumed here!

I didn't wanted to insult, not was my intension to attack directly their bible, but whatever I was saying was directly taken from the bible they were carrying, and I tried my best to explain to them the major things we have being dicussiin, now I got the time to explain to them about what we believe about Jesus(pbuh), now is the chance to do so, I was not ready to bombard them with verses from the bible anymore, the discussion was friendly, my friend and I were the hosts, we had to smile, keep it cool, good atmosphere, respect them,

I clearly mentioned to them how we respect Prophet Jesus(pbuh), and Maryama, believing them is the centre core of our iimaan, as for all propehts, and that the Quran dedicated a whole chapter to Mary in respect, now that they are quite and good listeners, I went on, with the usual, meaning of Islam, way of Islam, the hereafter, good and bad, this world, all in summary,

the guy who was trained to talk said, that there are so many different muslim sects and so on, and they are killing each other, he was trying to score a point, and that I would disagree with him and make a heated debate about it, he wanted to regain the conversation, I could see his face changed, he is not the smiling happy guy anymore, he is down, but he contorls himself alot as to still show he is the happy smiling guy,

I told him that he is right, and that there have so many sects of christianity, I explained to him the reasons for the division among the Muslim Ummah, what are the causes, and so on, they were good listeners, I misxed some history of Islam, during the prophet,

and another point, they said that why would God Almighty send several prophets, he is trained to ask this question when they run out of verses from the bible, or when things get worse on their side, I gave him the explanation as to why, and that each and every nation was sent to a prophet, adn Jesus(pbuh) was sent to his own people, but they all preached that there is only One God, and that they never claimed divinity or Sonship, as it would be against what they are preaching

to make this post end, whoever is reading must be tired now, let me say that the last half an hour, I spent explaining to them about Islam, and that they should discover Islam and read about it, and make their own research, not based on media and critics of Islam, at one point, as I was expecting, they tried to translate the word Jiihad to mean spreading Islam by the sword, gave them whole explanation of the the word Jihad, and how that word has being abused, misused, and Islam was not spread by the sword,

Anyway, it was long discussion, but we haven't covered everything, the guys got trapped, they forgot to distribute another dozens of leaflets they wanted to give my friend, and run out of what they have being trained for to say, but before the end, my friend again asked them whether they believe prophet Mohamed(pbuh), the guy who is trained to talk said it is not in the Bible so he doesn't believe Mohamed, this is what I wanted to hear from him, and said if that is the case we would prove from the Bible then that Mohamed is in the Bible, but he laughed and he knew what I was upto and was not just saying that to shut him up, realising that I said to them maybe in our next discussion we can talk about that particular subject,

they did not agreed to have another discussion, nor I requested that from them, they usually give dates to another meetings next time, but they did not, and they were in a hurry, 4 hours minus 10 minutes is gone at this stage, they were gone, but my farewell to them was, to read more about Islam, and do their own research.

at the end, the mood and the overall atmosphere was good, from their side, they were smiling, at last, we were very welcomming and offered them to come back again, they knew the mission they wanted to preach was cut short, and this wasn't what they expected, at least, to their own perspective, which was a failed mission. I now tried to be talking in general and was talking about life and death, and human beings, but was also mixing with refernces from the Quran etc, why we are here, and that each one of us would die one day, that death awaits us all, and we all should strive hard to be good and follow the guidelines that God revealed to us, and I gave them a chance to have their say on this world and the next one, happy ending it was, to us, at least!

Dhubad.   

^ Great discussion Nuune. The best way to tackle these guys is use their own Bible against them. The Bible is full of contradictions, if you know how to tackle them you will alwayz come out a winner of such debate as you just did.

I didn't know the "uqraafi something " sect did not believe the Trinity concept? interesting !

Aaliyyah   

Good job Nuune. I am the type of person who usually when they try to hand me the bible just brush it off and be like thank you but I'm not interested.

But, you sound so much like my arab friend. She always gets them to come in her house and has lengethy discussions. Definitely a good dacwa..

laakin dad qalad anuu guriga masoo gashto waxay yihiinba maxaan ka ogahay lol too paranoid smile.gif

salaam

Nuunka intaan qoray waligey ma arkin.

Nuunka kuwaas cashar aa u dhigtee, adigana balaayo kaa soo qufeen. Saas lagaa rabaa.

Too waxaa isoo xasuusisay maalin years ago a pamphlet of the Bible ii dhiibtay. Which version is it weydiiye. One of the new versions ayee ku jawaabtay. How could I believe this version is unblemished and can stand out from other hundreds of versions aan iri. Kanaa u saxsan kulahaa. First, idinka isa soo saxa ku iri and left her on there.

Tuujiye   

Waraa nuune, waxaan dhan malagaa soo qufay?....

Caqliga kaa buuxa waa waxa aad lasoo indho kuusnaatay!...topic topic loogu jawaabaayo aa bilowday loooool.... intaas maxaa diideysay? loool inama caadi ma tihid coonyahoo.......

nuune kuwaas in aa diinta soo gilisid waaye.. nin yahoo bax raadi kuwaas lool....dugsiga macalin jiis in aa kasoo baxday ma oga miyaa?

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Juxa   

this is not nuune waa script, nuune never writes longer than 3 paragraphs.

it must be one of his under-study xer, welcome waraaaaaaaaaaa

Cabdow   

I like how you handled the situation, very diplomatic of you sxb, and a great way to give dacwa to them as well!

Never had the chance oo raggan kulla kulmo on one on one, but gambar gaaban ugu fadhiyaa though smile.gif

Kool_Kat   

Wiilka meeqo cajalad uu laqay? :D Waxaasoo verses ahna intee ku xafiday? World religion class in high-school aanba soo xasuustay...

Great read Nuune, gambarkoodaa galisay...If only half of Muslimiinta would take the time! :(

Tuujiye   

^^^ Nuune oo shan koob qaxwo morookaan ku maqan tahay ilakey kuma tuso.... niikiskaan aad arkeysid kadar uu hadal ku darsadaa lool...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

nuune   

^^ lol@qaxwo marookaan, war marookaanka iga daa waan ku xajiimoodaaye, bari baan cabayoo illa qadaadka iyo giirka dhinaciisa iyo agagaarka garabka dhan ayaa xaaddii saarneyd oo dhan halmar sidii dabangaale u wada istaagey, my advice, ha isku cabbin qaxwo marookaan.

Thanks akyaarta to all of you, whoever needs the reference verses I used in the discussion, please let me know, specially the verses that Jehovas Witness guys are trained to preach around, they all use the same verses no matter wherever they are.

Maaddeey   

Nuune, maadaaama aad verses-ka sida Zakir Naik aad korka ka haysid maad iska soo daadisid, hadiida ka saar meesha ;)

Malika   

Nuune,do share. Islaan baa qaatii katagaan,every Sunday morning bee albabkaa iguu soo garaacdaa.I have tried been sweet,wajiga uu bedelaa malin malin,marmarnaa I do not even open my door iyaduu ii jeeda from the kitchen windown..Lol

Walle they are determined so and so's..