Sign in to follow this  
African

True or False

African   

I was just reading a threat that I thought stimulated an important discussion on a very important topic then it was killed by couple of nomands. I would like to start this topic and get your opinions without attacking or insulting each other. I don’t mind however extreme your views are to the other party just discuss them in mature manner. Thanks

I will narrate 3 stories tell me which one is true and which one is false. They all happened in the UK.

1. White girl: A school girl passed by her friend before coming home from school. She then went on a bus to go home, but she was short of 2 pence for the fare. The bus driver asked her to get off the bus or pay the full amount, as she didn’t have the full fare she got off the bus. She then proceeded to walk home and she was 5 minutes away from home when a man jumped on her from one of the streets and dragged her in an ally way. He RAPED her and fled.

2. Somali girl: A girl was sharing a flat with her brother, who used to work till late in the night. One Late night she heard a knock on the door and when she asked who it was, the voice said I am so and so (it was her first cousin). When she opened the door she told him her brother was still at work, he told her he will wait for him in the living room. She then proceeded to go to bed, he followed her and asked her to take her dirac off, she told him are you out of your mind. He then started beating her black and blue, banging her head against the wall until the neighbours heard and started to call the police. Luckily he fled before he could RAPE her and her brother came home while the police was there, they informed the police who it was. Within the first 24 hours both families heard what happened. The guy’s family started collecting money for him and he was flown out of the country back Somalia.

3. White girl: One late night a girl was going home from a local pub where she celebrated a friend’s birthday. She was wearing a short dress, her arms and back was bare. One of the male friends in the party asked to walk her home as she didn’t live far. When they were half way home he started to put his arms around her, she shrugged them off and then did it again, but this time forcefully. She told him to get his hands off her, he then said come on you’ve been asking for it all night. He then pulled her into an ally way and started to RAPE her, after words he told her you don’t go and dance like you did earlier and lets us believe you are not asking for it.

4. Pakistani girl: One day a girl was walking on a busy famous road in the heart of London. It was about 12-1pm and she was wearing a full hijaab (niqaab included). A car pulled in front of her and a man jumped out and dragged into the car. They took her in run down flat somewhere in London. The girl was subjected to repeated RAPE for 3 days by 2 men who dropped her the third day in another area.

If you know for sure the real story/ies please don’t kill it for others and just say true or false without letting us know you know.

I also want to know what conclusions you will draw from these scenarios and as Somalis how do we view the subject of RAPE. Who is the victim and who is the perpetrator?

OG Moti   

Is this only to say which is true and which is false... or we can discuss, cause i have seen discuss somewhere up...

anyway, they all could be true, now adays anything could happen, of course it is difficult a somali couzin will rape his couzin since Somalis treat even neighbors as a real sister and never haweysan maayo, laakiinse .. with holland making drugs legal, with luck of education and shaqa la aaan, somali men get to the habit and when a man is high he can jump high too..

RAPE? the most abused word in western countries... mostly women ask for it.. i said mostly, ofcourse there are cases where women were raped without being her fault, but come on a women who shows her flesh and tease men with her sexual skills and pull away when things got heated .. i say she asked for it...

beside 70% of RAPE cases are false and women either didnt like the activities or the man was not doing what he suppose to do well, or she turns off half way somehow and expect to say stop and he will stop... or she goes late night with a man or invites him in her house and when things happen she says i got raped, come why would u invite a man to ur house or go to his house in the middle of the night? Talk? i say get real... peace

x_quizit   

WOW Og, hold ur wild unruly horses...did U say that right? did u say WOMEN ASK FOR RAPE?

Damn, now u ppl wonder why girls neva come forward...Listen...i dont care if she's not wearing a stich, no one asks to be raped! Got it!

Many men use that excuse, oh, she was showing skin, but as the sista with this topic showed u with the pakistani girl's story, what u are wearing has nothing to do with it, it is about someone's sick mentality and control issues...pls learn about the issue b4 u start accusing the system and the sad part is, many somalis would agree with u...i shudder to think if that happened to someone close to u and u asked her what she was wearing rather than let's get the culprit...

As a decent human being, u should neva even try to committ such a hateful act and try to blame it on her...some ppl think the burqa is sexy, did she ask to be raped? Ur backward mentality is poisonous, and i hope lil boys dont follow ur thinking. UFFFFFFFFFFF!

Plus, if u know anything of Islam, is that it says once a woman says she's raped, u must believe her until the guy is proven innocent...

Of course there are women who misuse the rape word but again, if u didnt put urself in that predicament, u would neva be accused of in the begginning, meaning, dont committ zina!

Going back to the sistas' q, i think all can be true, and may have heard something similar to the pakistani gal and somali one too...each culture have their good and bad apples, so hopefully islam will unite them in doing only good.

p.s.-if this is what our culture believes, then we are in serious trouble, blaming the victim.

Very Disgusted!

Qac Qaac   

x quizit what is the chance of the pakistani lady with the niqab getting raped pls tell me is it 1% or less than that. then compared to the half naked women who get raped everyday.

xquizit u don't make sense, when u say, i don't care what she wears. r u kidding me. ofcourse it does matter what she wears something have to stimulate the man to do the act...

to go back to the topic... only the 2 white girl stories i really believe or could be believed. the other 2 could also happen, but i doubted.

i would loved to know, since i don't live in London. did the pakistani girl with the niqab got raped, seriously, and if she did. what did muslims in U.K. did. pls don't tell me they went to the mosque and made duah...

OG Moti   

pls don't tell me they went to the mosque and made duah...

looooooooool they most likely did...duah...

sister x_quizit dont get me wrong but i am talking about of research and survey, we did some survey in this issue and we found out most about 70% or more rape cases were invited by the women... some mental illed men do exist, but when we took a sample and did our most carefully done research, we came to conclusion that women do invite rape, for many reasons

1. What she wears or the make up she puts, and her physical actions .. teasing men..

2. The offer a man to take them home or invite a man to get in the house in a cold night asking the dampest question "Would u like a cup of coffee"? any person would take that as invitation to come and do ur thing, dont say it is not...

3. she wants the experience and to see the feeling of stimulating a man and rejecting him afterwards, but things go out of control and the game turns to real

4. she talks dirty to him, and asks him have he done it and how many women, in the wrong time and at the wrong place...

and many more.. if u want i can send u .. our report in this issue, u will be amazed how men are innocent in many cases, they just followed mixed signs ... so sister i am not saying all rape cases are the victems fault i am just saying 70% women initiate the whole thing... peace...

African   

OG, the 70% of the rape cases you refered to "women initiated it" as you putit...inviting the man back to his home he interpreted it she wants it as you put it....what about the fact that she REALY wanted to talk....so what warrants the man to say that his interpretation of the invitation is the right one...(In this case we are talking about non-muslims...since we know its haram for a woman to be alone with a man that's not her mahram)

Lets talk about girls who had no physical contact with the rapist....i.e. she neither invited him to her home nor went to his home....but lets say she was dressed like White girl no.2 can you say she asked for it?

In Somalia in the old days and even in most cases today when a girls is raped the two clans (reer) meet and the girl's family receive compensation (xaal), then the matter (crime) is settled by ORDERING the guy to marry the girl, because no other man will marry her and since he's the one who took her virginity he should marry her (this is his punishment).....Did you all know this.

I put the above scerios for a reason and I will reveal which ones are true and which ones are false.

In Somalia in the old days and even in most cases today when a girls is raped the two clans (reer) meet and the girl's family receive compensation (xaal), then the matter (crime) is settled by ORDERING the guy to marry the girl, because no other man will marry her and since he's the one who took her virginity he should marry her (this is his punishment).....Did you all know this.

I was telling this to my friends few nights ago to show the fact that "XEER" law is indeed sick and un-Islamic. You dont reward a criminals for their henious crime they committed. This Xeer will indeed promote more crimes. Xeer should be outlawed in my opinion, it does not do any good.

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Xaarbi and Qac Qaac

If you knew a girl was RAPED would you marry her.

Mostly likely I wouldn't and I know such information if found out would bring some shame.

So then, what is so anti-Islamic about the decree given by the families for the man to marry his the girl, whom no one else will want to marry.

Allah knows best, but their TAUBA could be in their Humiliation in this world rather then the AKHIRA.

Fi Amanallah

x_quizit   

Qaac Qac, there are many ppl who find the littlest things stimulating, such as seeing an ankle, wow, how arousing...so pls, stop playing the dumb one and accuse the victim of inviting...that word u guys need to eradicate from ur vocabulary...no one invites another to rape them..PERIOD! God, get that through ur heads...Islam does not persecute the woman so if u call urself a believer stop blaming them and start educating ur fellow men in lowering their gaze as they should to begin with! they wouldnt notice what one is wearing and doing if they followed truly ilsamic guidelines and looked down when a woman appears...

Og ...some men use the excuse that the woman looked good, does that mean ugly girls dont get raped? WRONG! It really doesnt matter what u wear, what u look like, when someone wants to rape u, they will, even if she's wearing a sack...and ur saying maybe she had make up on, so i wear make up, does that mean i deserve to get raped or that im inviting someone to rape me? and what do u consider teasing? Take a ruwayad for instance, guys all on the wall watching the girls dance, so if one later rapes a gal in the parking lot let's say, does that mean cause she was dressed up and dancing that she "stimulated" him enough to rape her? My point is dear narrowminded men, no woman deserves to get raped and the whole burden of the sin lies squarely on the perpetrators' shoulders and stop blaming the victim for God' sake..no wonder women never come forward because ppl like u don't believe them or put the blame on them...ive worked in crisis centres b4 and most of the rapes that occur are from ppl that the victim already knows, so its not a stranger that find them attractive...Og, id really like to see ur outrageous 70% stats that woman ask for it, prove me wrong!

I also dont agree with the somali culture that once a girl gets raped she's given to her abuser, that's just sick, and the sad thing is, many somalis today still believe that and its obvious some of them are here too...