Sign in to follow this  
Abaay Heylay

can you??

Thanks everyone for your responds. Anyways, I talk to a Sheikh, he said yes you are allowed to show your hair with the present of muhram. However, you must know for sure that this person is gonna marry you i.e that u have set up the wedding date and everything else. After that he cannot ask you for any more things. By the way I asked this question because my friend has asked me and I didn't know the answer.

Only Allah knows the best.

First waxaad weydiisay, "WOULD YOU"? and Now waxaad Keentay "CAN YOU"?

Alla maxaa saaxiibyaasha ku qaraabsatay.

PS:lol@duceysane, always waxa loo joogin aa keentaa, timo hakaa buubto

Kool_Kat   

^LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL@Alla maxaa saaxiibyaasha ku qaraabsatay...

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

In ay xiiran tahay baaba fiican gabdha.

Qof kaa hadal yar oo kaa qosol badan waa ii dhiman yahay...One line, heck not even one - just half a line, ilinta iga imaado hadii la arki lahaa qosol dartiis!!! :D:D:D

What if the "prospective groom" wants to look the other hair as well, I mean "downtown" in pre-nikaax? Is it allowed?

MMA, qooq intuu ku dhamaaday...Xaa 'downtown' kugeeyay bisinkee adoo 'uptown' u jeedo? Najeynaa!!!

Ani koley wadaadna lama hadal, mana ihi, laakiin timo 'uptown' or 'downtown' should be the least on the list of a prospective husband...Wah...Why the hair, mafahmin? :confused: Mise waxaa iga dambeeyay?

Jacpher   

What's the point of looking at the hair? A need for him to know the length or color or maybe jileec ama jareer? Bidaar or ciro? Can he not just get the details from her? Is there a trust issues that he needs to see with his own eyes? The face is the most qurux area in a person. Believe me qofkii foolka hore ku qanci waaya, no mount of hair is gonna do any convincing work.

Haneefah   

^ I presume the idea is wajigu kolkuu qanciyo inuu inta kale iska sii eego to prevent future disappointment - ridiculous and xaraam. I hear it's become quite the norm in some of the arab countries (esp khaleej) to not only approve of this but to actually prep the girl before the suitor's arrival (wearing fancy dress, make-up and etc.), and this happens in religious families as well. What's wrong with people? I have no clue where such interpretation of the ahaadeeth regarding this issue stem from.

To my knowledge, the different schools of thought hold that 'may look' is only confined to that which is 'apparent'; I don't see the need for a fatwa on the issue, really.

^ now I'm officially confused

I heard he can look at legs up to calfs arms up to elbows and hair nothing else.

but since some sheiks are going even further than that and some are saying nothing at all .. how the hell are regular people supposed to rely on these fatwas ???

You simply need to learn the religion to get out of the confusion ,,,,, that is why it is important for eveybody to learn something, at least something so that he/she can go to the library and make a research on specific subject to help him/her make his/her decision.

Juwairiah, i don't understand that condition ,,, why looking at her hair (or elsewhere) if he is going to marry her anyways ??? ,,, looking at those places is to help him make the decision if he likes her or not ,,,,

Aaliyyah   

I thought you are not allowed to show your hair to anyone unless they are your immediate family. But this sounds interesting Juwairiah.

wa salaamu alaikum

Malika   

Can this thread be moved to the Islamic section there might be those who dont venture into the women section be more able to shed some light into this interesting topic.

Aaliyyah   

^ lol so u can keep trolling huh? u wouldnt want anyone to spoil that from u icon_razz.gif

I agree with malika, there might be those who are more knowledgeable regarding this issue in the islamic section.

Allah knows best

wa salaamu alaikum

Layzie Girl, Just cause ur a loner dadku ku qararin.

Back to the topic, Aaliyah that what I thought first when my friend asked me that questions that is why I asked the sheikh. My friend is arab, usually Somali man don't ask those kind of things. But if it is halal then nothing is wrong with it.

Haneefa posted: presume the idea is wajigu kolkuu qanciyo inuu inta kale iska sii eego to prevent future disappointment

poor Haneefah, You think woman's face is that important for men. Some guys will actually look your xabad before they look your face.

Pluss, what is the big deal about showing your hear. Markaad isa sawiraysaanba waad banaysaane, maad ninka idin guursanaya tustaan.