Sign in to follow this  
shyhem

Will the Real donor Please Stand Up?

^lol.granted.

But let me ask you,what then happens if that person happens to be good for the society?

A real SpiderMan(or woman) icon_razz.gif

then should i take the credit? :D

^^ I distinctly remember reading an article posted in the islamic section by Nur(?), whereby it was concluded you're indeed responsible for who you donate your organs to and that any sins the receiver incurs are incremented in your "book".

Personally, I think its a highly altruistic deed if given for the right reasons to the right person. But just ticking "yes" to that question in your DVLA application (which states incase you die, in an accident, your entire body could be dismembered & distributed or done with as they wish) or any other donar application is sort of sacrilegious. The dead person needs to be respected and laid to rest in proper view infront of their loved ones. I certainly cant imagine burying my loved ones in pieces. *shudders at the thought*.

I wonder though, in the above scenario, are you actually thinking of your loved one or yourself? Why should the form you bury them in worry you, if it is their wish to donate?

^You are making it as if every limb, arm and body part is plucked and removed like a Disassembled vehicle.

Am sure you know its only the critical organs that are removed. (Liver, heart and kidneys)

Am going to pose the same question I posed to your fellow londonite, will I get credit for every good deed the receiver does?

Right after posting that, I thought about how I would feel if the shoe was in the other foot and I needed an organ. I'm not against organ donation as such, I'm against selling your parts to donar organizations b4 you're dead. I'm sure you have nothing to loose even if every bit n bob of ur body is scattered all over the world, but what about the ones you left behind? I realize you see it as individual choice Phantasmagoria (phew!), but I see it as more than that. I for one, am willing to leave the choice to the ones I leave behind. If there is some1 out there they see fit to have my parts, well and good....else, goin down under intact.

Brown, when you sign one of those things, your body could land up as a corspe in a medical institute for all to taken apart, frozen for time, experimented on, etc.

LOL@every little helps... :D

^Good lord of the Caribbean! , I have a funny feeling (I could be wrong!), that you are confusing between donating one’s body for experimentation ,educational purpose rather(mostly to medical institutions?) versus the regular day to day organ donation.

I very much doubt it if that’s the case dear. Organ donation is what it is indeed is. Donating an Organ. Otherwise it will be ‘corpse donating’? NO?

^ I don't see why. In the byline of a supermarket, EVERY LITTLE HELPS

I don’t get the joke, but oh well nonetheless here it is, :D

Som@li   

Originally posted by Brown:

I very much doubt it if that’s the case dear. Organ donation is what it is indeed is. Donating an Organ. Otherwise it will be ‘corpse donating’? NO?

It is apparant that u haven't done any research and just loved the idea and became a donor, i would love to save lives and donate just organs,but that is not the case, there must be a limit of wat they do to ur body,but Kufars have no limit, honestly they will take everything. When i die i want get a proper Islamic burial, that includes washing the dead body before burial.

Organs transplanted!

Kidneys, heart, liver, lungs, pancreas, small bowel, corneas, heart valves, skin, and bones.

^First of all, stop being a qaxoti. Just like any major decisions, you are given options, risks (fears?) and myths that come along with it

One of the things given to you when you become a donor is a pamphlet that gives you a detail description of the options you have. One of the myths that is contained in that pamphlet is the fear Amethyst just talked about,.

Just so you know donation neither disfigures the body nor changes the way it looks in a casket. Organs are removed surgically, similar to the removal of an appendix or a gallbladder from a live body. Comprende?

Also most states do have the option of giving you the choice to donate what you want to donate. Plus your family has to still sign consent before any removals.

My fear is not about my body being disassembled or disfigured. (am dead already maaha?).

Is the risk worth it?, knowing you saved a life!

I might sound weard but hey thats me. when it comes to donating you're organ thats not a bad thing becouse when u donate it, it taken to someone else who needs it and thats kinda nice. but

donating organ is haram then i must say i will not but who ever knws if its haram or not well let me knw coz i wount have a problem giveing someone else something that they might survive from.

when it comes to body that one i'm not in it coz all they want is to do some wtever it is to see how these and that works so for that one nuh. anwayz i hope i dont get a bad comments im just being me so holla.

shyhem   

After reading u'r replys so far i came to the following conclusions.

The real donors are

1-Phantasmagoria.

2-Brown.

Potential Donors

1-Pacifist

2-Shyhem

3-Mombasa Queen

The undecided

1-Amethyst

2-Femme fatalie

3-Besbaaso

Not an organ donor at all

1-Farxan

2-Jumatatu

Body donors

So far nobody is willing to donate his body to a medical school.

My question is if we all lived in somalia,how on earth do we expect somali state universities to compete in the medical field, if the future doctors can't get hold of a somali body to study.

Are we against organ or body donation because our culture is not familiar with it.Why are we so concerned about myths like "doctors will let u die so they can have u'r organs".What about our parents,do they know anything about the advantages and disadvantages of organ donation.

How many of us here know that we can be eye donors and someone out there can actually utilise our eyes long after we are dead.

On the religious side,what are the consequences if someone abuses the organ we donated.On the day of judgement,i'm sure we have all heard how our own body(tongue,hands,eyes,etc) will testify against us.So what will happen if i donated my eyes to someone else.Will my eyes testify against me,the recipient or will they testify against both of us.

Gediid   

There's only one problem with donating an organ.You cant decide who gets it and in most cases body parts normally are given to rich partients who can afford it or buy their way to the top of the waiting list.I know some will say so what as long as a needy person gets it but I think I would join the donor list only if I know for certain that the first needy person irrespective of wealth or social standing will get my organs.....

As for the actual procedure to remove an organ,once someone dies and is an organ donor the doctors first priority is to remove the organ while its still good and there's normally little or no respect for the deceased.The bodys sliced and diced to remove the organ and then the skin is normally stitched back together with some sort of stuffing inside to make it presentable to the family of the dead person.The organs that are not needed or are useless are thrown out to avoid going through the lengthy process of cleaning and putting them back in again.....

Salma   

LOL, well Brown it depends on what organ you are donating?kkk. And it depends whether you are alive or dead after donating? If you are alive then be ready for the blame, if you are dead then I guess you can't handle Double-Blames at same time J/K :D

Anyway, I watched lately a program on TV about Organs Donating and I was totally impressed when I realised that its not Haraam. Imagine how many person will be benefited with one body: Eyes,liver, marrow,bones,kidneys, lungs,,,,etc. My lovely mother who was watching the program with me whose one of the protesters and Anti-Body Donations, she showed me her utter frustration and reject and said: "Acuudo bilahi wala xawla wala qowata ila bellah, nafta ilahay aboortay wa in la akramu uu la aaso after death" (Ok Ok Iam my written Somali is not good, so skip my mistakes and don't embarrase me dudes :D ).

So I guess the majority of the people are still not supporting the body donating; althoughy they know well that they might suffer if it happened and they need an organ (God Forgid).

on the contrary, this is aint horrific nor a despise to the Dead person. Its like a charity that gives hope and life to others who cannt survive with their own organs. Besides, this dead's body won't remain in its good shape as it was before it will be eaten by the earth-worms and will be over anyway so let the organs save other humans.

Maybe if the people receive more Medical and Islamic awareness about the importance of the organs donating they might hopefully change their minds.

Salma   

Originally posted by Shyhem:

On the religious side,what are the consequences if someone abuses the organ we donated.On the day of judgement,i'm sure we have all heard how our own body(tongue,hands,eyes,etc) will testify against us.So what will happen if i donated my eyes to someone else.Will my eyes testify against me,the recipient or will they testify against both of us.

Remember that your organs are related to your soul, and this organ is away from your soul now so why you have to be punished for something you havent did. Just an opinion may Allah forgive me If Iam mistaken.

Allahu acla wa aclam, I think the answer should be given by a Sheikh/fatwa according to the Sharia.