Sign in to follow this  
Tuujiye

Somalis Today!

Tuujiye   

How Do we see our selves as Somalis now that we have left our mother country? well most of us I hope. Since we call our selves Somali Canadians, Somali Americans, UK Somalians ect; do you guys think that we should live as the citizens of the new nationalities we have picked up or still live as Somalis in a new country..

When I say live as, I’m talking about keeping the culture the deen and holding to our nationalities 100% or do we become accustomed to this new culture and new ways of life?

You see the point and the reason why I have started this topic is to see how much we agree since most of the SOL people here are young minds.

Personally I believe that this is some real shiiiidh problem that us Somalis have no matter where we are living in. We have the problem of not understanding the systems and the cultures of the countries we live in. we fail to understand that in order to move forward and to have a good future or in this case to be some body or to compete in this new nation you became, you have to adapt find your feets! When I say to adapt I don’t mean to throw away your culture and religion, what I mean is that we need to use the advantages that we have and the better lives we getting. We always look for the easy way out or in as if we are still qaxootis and we always carry on our bad life style and culture with us and abuse the systems.

Here in Canada there is a big single mother population some don’t mind like MMA but to be honest most of them are not single mothers but their husbands are some other place making money. The youth are growing up with a single parents and looking life the easy ways and not think as Somali Canadian and wanting to compete and get them selves the life they dream of. The fathers are home chewing Jaad and still talking about Alshabaab iyo Tuugada kale as if they still living Somalia. Islaantii is on the phone talking about Hagbad and some cheap stuff at some store…

We need to drop the luggage’s and understand that we are not going back to Somalia and that we will live us the new Nationalities we have picked up. We need to create a strong future for our selves and our kids so that their lives become much better than ours with out short cuts and struggle. We need to accept our new homes and share our cultures and religions with the new nation and be a good citizen loyal to the adopted mother countries.

I’m tired of seeing Somalis talking and acting like as if they are still in Somalia! Somalis using qabiil on each other and chewing jaad daily, Somalis always looking for short cuts and not taking the high road for education and struggle that would one day mean something. Our lacking of role models is disgusting in communities because we have yet not seen any mature 40+ role model who became someone to look up to..

I’ll talk more but let me hear your voices on this.. I know kuligiin tuujiye waxaan maka sugeen laakiin mar mar waan iska gashtaa anigaba lol….

Wareer Badanaa!!!!

Buuxo   

I see myself as temporary qaxooti.Never seen myself as Somali Australian or Somali Kiwi,Though I possess both passports.That's not to say that I don't try to make use of the opportunities offered to me or contribute to my host countries.But I believe my qaxootiness will end soon.And will return to Somalia soon for good.

Tuujiye   

^^^ good point.. Buuxo thats the mentality we need to change. You are a qaxooti for close to 20 years well most of us and have not seen or lived in our home country. Do you think is wise to sit and wait around? lool.. don't just make use of the opportunities giving to ya in your host country but also give back to your host country and live like a citizen of your new host country in that case one day iinsha allah when somalia becomes peace, you could be the somalian voice in your host country and gain the respect for your home country.

Sayid lool waxkale aan ugu waco aan waaye nooh lol Brits ma dhihi kari yaaqee lol

Wareer Badanaa!!!

good points Tuujiye.

Originally posted by Tuujiye:

When I say live as, I’m talking about keeping the culture the deen and holding to our nationalities 100% or do we become accustomed to this new culture and new ways of life?

thats the only thing that worries me. if this conflict goes on for another 20yrs, where will we be as a people and what would our children become. its very sad.

Kool_Kat   

War hayaay!!! TUUJIYE!!! Are you feeling alright, come let me feel your forehead waryaa, qandho ama Swin flu iyo wax aan fiiriyee? icon_razz.gif

Tuujiye, you bring up a good point...With me, Canada is my home...I've lived here more than half of my life, and if tomorrow Somalia nabad noqoto (insha'allah), I doubt I'll go back there to live there...May be visit yea, but not to live there...Don't get me wrong, I love my country, laakiin dadkeenaa isku haleys leheen, dad isku sinjiyad ah, isku diin ah, isku dhaqan ah, iyo af ku hadla oo labaan sano saan isku dhameynaya is a shame... :( For now at least, is how I feel about the future of Somalia and I...

As for the opportunities our adopted countries offer to us, it is mind-boggling how most (yes most) young minds are being wasted on other non-sense, rather than taking advantage of what's offered to them...To me, education is the key to life...We have a great education system here in Canada, lakiin markaan arko twenty something year old working at the airport/factory/ware house/etc. with little or no ambition at all to make his/her life go further in life, ciil iyo caro iyo disappointment of the future of our people baa i qabato...Nothing wrong with working at those places, laakiin ma'aha meelo future leh hadhoow... :mad: :(redface.gif 'Aqoon la'aani waa iftiin la'aan' bey Soomaali horay utiri...What's even funnier is how they always seem to complain about life...

Aniga ahaan, I try to do my best and sometimes my best isn't good enough...But at the end of the day, I know I gave it my best...Specially with being a mother, I try to set a good example for my daughter...If I don't then someone else will, and who's to say that someone else won't be a crackhead...lol

Nolosha easy ma'aha, but qofka determination kiisa iyo siduu noloshiisa rabo inuu kadhigto bey ku xiran tahay...Specially wiilasheena Soomaaliyeed...It is about time ey hurdada ka kacaan, badankood... ;)

Blessed   

I'm a nomad! I don't tie myself down to any nation. I still have and carry with me my deen and the bits that I like of the dhaqan. It's working for me, so Alhamdulilah. smile.gif

Indhoos   

Waxaan aaminsanahay inaan qaxooti ahay weli. Waxaan aaminsanahay inaan caawin karo dadkaygaan halkaan jooga. Waxaan aaminsanahy inay Soomaaliya nabad noqon doonto, oo mar uun loo noqon doono. Waxaan aaminsanahay, lama huraan waa cawska jiilaal. Waxaan aamin sanahay Haybad inaad ku leedahay dhulkaaga hooyo...

My adopted country is my real country, I came here when I was 7, it is practically my real country . I find somali culture primitive, and I have completly disassociated myself from it. This country is where i make my living, where I got my professional education, being somali or somalia has done nothing for me.

Tuujiye   

Lt-Qa lool I share that with you in some ways but I love being somali and I can't never say somalia has done nothing for me but I also have nothing good to stay that somalia has done for me lol...

Indhoos you didn't understand the topic walaal.. Aniga uma maleynaayo in ee ku jiraan meeshaan dad iga jecel Somalia iyo somalinimada.. Heybad waxaad ku leedadahay dhulkaada hooyo oo taasi been ma aha wale laakiin dhulkii hooyo soo horta in laga dhigo nabad soomaha?

KK looool abaayo aniga ma xanuunsani ee shaqadeeda ayaa waxaan ku saabsan lol oo maalin kaste ayaan la deal gareeyaa dad somali ah iyo ajanabi kale oo wax yaalo badan ayaan arkaa oo dadkeyga heysta.. As canadian we are missing lots of advacasies walaahi and waxa dhibkaas keenaya waa aqoondarada nolasha dhulkaan. Somalis have hard time understand that as they sit and wait for somalia to get better, you also have to make a living and live life. in order to live life and work for tomorrow, you have to go with crowed while you still have respect for your culture and deen.

Ninyaaban saaxiib dadbadan oo somali ah ayaa horta qalad u qaatay "being acccustomed". Dad baa qurun noqday oo diin iyo dhaqanba ka tagay taasina waxaa keentay culture clashka qurbaha. Laakiin aniga waxaan ka hadlaayo waad ila fahantay ayaa filayaa oo waa tan ah in xariga labada dhinac laga heysto.

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Indhoos   

Tuujiye, Runtii topicgaada aad ayaan u fahmay. Arimaha ku saabsan Identity crisiska na haystana waa mid dhowr jeer maskaxdayda soo gasha maalintii.

Bal ka fakar qodobadan soo socda...

Haddii maanta bulshada soomaaliyeed oo qurbaha joogta dhamaantood loo celiyo wadankii sidee buu xaal noqon lahaa...Ma qabiil baa laysku haysan lahaa mise reer America, reer yurub iyo wax la mid ah baa laysku af garan wayn lahaa. Ma diin baa laysku dagaali lahaa, mise gay rights iyo feminism issues baa layku qabsan lahaa. Tani waa tan qabsanaysa dhalinteena dhaqan doorsoontay malaha.

Hadii maanta ay Soomaaliya iyo dalalka aynu martida ku nahay mid ka midda daggaal galaan, ma sida qaxootiyada ciraaq iyo afqaanistaan baan waddanka iskaga noolaan laheen, mise ra'yigeena iyo sida dadkeena qaar ugu dhagan yihiin diinta iyo dhaqanka darteed baa sidii Japanka xeryo nalagu guri lahaa?

Maxay kula tahay...Taan horay u qoray iloow, Waa run, fursado baddan baan haysanaa oo wax barasho iyo shaqo iyo horumar ah, laakiin nasiib darro dhalinteeni waa ay ka faa'iidaysan la'dahay.

Shaqsiyan, Soomaaliya waxaan ka xusuusto oo aan ka sheego ma leh, laakiin waxaan mar walba dareen sanahay inaan joogo dhul aanan laheen waxaana niyadayda ku jirta haddaan joogi lahaa dhulkii hooyo inuu xaalku saan dhaami lahaa. Maxaa yeelay maanan dareemeen in midab takoor laygu sameeyey ama diintayda laygu caarifay...

Okey, I have to stop now. sorry for carrying on like that I have tendency to do that.

Ciao

Kool_Kat   

^Aboow aboow, waxaanoo Soomaali ah jeebka gadaal muu kugu jiray, mise boorsadaa jeeb tuug ku qabtaa? :D

Indhoos, inta hadii midab takoor laguugu sameeyay ama diintaada lagaaga soo horjeestay, waa waxaan fahmi karo...Sababtuna eytahay inee dadkaan ignorance ahaan ugeysoo, or thier lack of interest to understand dhaqankaaga ama dhiintaada...LAAKIIN , sowkama darna adoo maanta Soomaaliya joogo kii walaalkaa ahaa oo aad Soomaaliga isla eheedeen, oo aad isku sanjiyed eheedeen, oo aad isku dhaqan kusoo korteen in uu kugu caarifo qabiilkaaga...Inuu sikale kuugu dhaqmo simply reer hebel baaka dhalatay...

Marka aniga ahaan, taas mid kadaran ama ka xanuun badan maleh...Mana aha wax aad is dhihi karto waa wax badownimo ugeysay, waa wax uu ogyahay, uuna ugu tala galay inuu kuxumeeyo dadkiisa kale ee aan qabiilkiisa kadhalan...Waxaa ii dhaama kan aan wadankiisa martida ku ahay oo isoo dhoweeyay, oo guri isiiyay, oo iyiri wax baro oo yeeysan kartidaada iyo dadaalkaaga uun ku ciilin ama dib kuula dagin, oo hadana iigu sii daray caafimaad free ah...War yaa intaas laga helaa...

Wax kasto cad iyo madoow ma'aha aduunka...Marka waxaa loo fiiriyaa keebaa adiga dheef kugu jirtaa...Keebaa adiga biri caruurtaada nolol fiican gaari karaan, hanoqoto dhaqaale, wax barasho, horumar, i.w.m...

Soomaaliya dhan oo badankeed kudhisneed 'who do you know' iyo Canada cadeey isku mid iilama aha...Soomaaliya waligeed waan jeclahay, but markaan arko dadka qaarkood nolosheey ku noolaayeen Soomaaliya, xaqa laga gali jiray, iyo sida loola dhaqmi jiray waa wax laga calool xumaado...I have my beautiful good memories from Soomaaliya, laakiin hada qof weyn baan ahay, just because anaa nolol fiican kunoolaa doesn't mean inaan inta kale iska indha tiro...Soomaaliya qofkii wax heysto lee nolol fiican kunoolaa, inta kale maxaan kaaga sheegaa hee...

Canada se, siduu horey u yiriba oday aan Soomaaliya daris ku eheen markuu Canada yimi 'Canada waa sinta'...Meaning dadka dhan waa siman yihiin... ;)

Aaliyyah   

I consider myself Somali Canadian you have to be grateful for your adopted country that gave you an opportunity both to educate yourself and to live peacefully. But, am proud of being Somali alhmadulilah and I do have my dhaqan/diin.However, that doesn't mean am going to live in Somalia. I think it will take another 100 years Somalia to reestablish itself to a point where I CAN SAY hey I can live here and start my family. At the same time that doesn't mean I WANNA live here, only Allah knows where my next destination will be but preferably a Muslim country.

with that being said I will not talk abt Somali people and their problems. I have done that over and over in many of my posts. All I CAN say now is lets make duca for the people abroad and those back home..

salaam