Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Polygamy - a realistic option for somali women 30+yrs old

Khayr   

Originally posted by Canjeex:

MONOGAMY is the rule in ISLAM and POLYGAMY is only an exception allowed subject to certain conditions. Polygamy is neither mandatory, nor encouraged, but merely permitted in Islam.

Monogamy the rule and polygamy the exception. Hmmm, interesting - is that why the Rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) had more than one wife? the sahaba had more than one wife?

Culturally, our grandparents had more than one wife?

It is a part of the deen. It may not be mandatory for everyone to take it up but that does not invalidate it and put on next to impossible terms to 'validate' it.

Here is where the topic was discussed on SOL and the same arguments that you bring forth were dealt with:

Nur, Polygamy and the SOL Mob

Napoleon   

I'm with you homie, I'm against onegina as well. We were not as men put on this earth to be restricted to one gina, we were put on this earth to have many and a variety of gina's.

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

quote:Originally posted by Adam.:

Sisters that become second/third/etc wives, or allow their husbands to have several more spouses are such ignorant WEAKLINGS. If i ever hear something like that coming out of the mouth of the person i love, i would drop her on the spot, like a brick. These polygamous brothers who have difficulty maintaining what they already are responsible for, should stop deluding themselves thinking their a 15th century Mamluk Sultan.

What he said;
I am by no means planning to have more than 1 wife :D ,. The thought just makes me just laugh, but if the brother can take care of his spouses equally, then what's the beef you have?

Cabdow   

is that why the Rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) had more than one wife? the sahaba had more than one wife?

Go read the history books of the Sahaaba and the Rasuul (scw) and look into why they chose to marry more than one wife, you will then surely know that it was NOT to fulfill their own pleasures/desires. Besides, everything in Islam has rules, regulations and guidelines. You can't just pick and choose sxb!

Culturally, our grandparents had more than one wife?

Since we talking about culture and what our grandparents did. Also, dumarka markey ragga ka dhintaan wa la dumaali jirey, your point? Religion iyo Culture kala saar adeer!

Ps. Your title is misleading.

Originally posted by Napoleon:

I'm with you homie, I'm against onegina as well. We were not as men put on this earth to be restricted to one gina, we were put on this earth to have many and a variety of gina's.

is that then why so many Gina's have the surname STI? The men give it to them? :rolleyes:

Ibtisam   

^^^Even worse, that is a joke he borrowed from Russle Peters.

P.s. And a middle name of HIV

P.s.

:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Adam.:

Sisters that become second/third/etc wives, or allow their husbands to have several more spouses are such ignorant WEAKLINGS. If i ever hear something like that coming out of the mouth of the person i love, i would drop her on the spot, like a brick. These polygamous brothers who have difficulty maintaining what they already are responsible for, should stop deluding themselves thinking their a 15th century Mamluk Sultan.

What he said;

I am by no means planning to have more than 1 wife ,. The thought just makes me just laugh, but if the brother can take care of his spouses equally, then what's the beef you have?

No man can take care of two women equally, let alone more than two. In any case I have beef with trying to force it down as the best option, I am not too concerned with people who like that kind of arrangements.

^not by me.

there seems to be a trend by some to get deleted or appeal for deletions. If you see some of what I see, what gets deleted and what stays would make more/even less sense to you. :D :confused:

are any of the admins with the baby face by any chance 30+ female who took liking to me - hence being a bit overprotective with me - making sure i don't make any saqajaan comments. :D

if so i would like them to know that i value my life very very much. :D

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

are any of the admins with the baby face by any chance 30+ female who took liking to me - hence being a bit overprotective with me - making sure i don't make any saqajaan comments.
:D

if so i would like them to know that i value my life very very much.
:D

Sayid, you got to Copyright it. ©©©

Napoleon   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

quote:Originally posted by Napoleon:

is that then why so many Gina's have the surname STI? The men give it to them? :rolleyes:
STI's are no joke, believe me, everyone should cover up and use protection. But onegina is a debilitating disease as well. It has been known to make men unmotivated and depressed. It's no laughing matter.

Anyone who remotely shares his opinion should jump off a bridge. With this kind of ideology, it takes us 50 years back.

:D:D:D

ciyalkiya jail kuwada jira, nimanki aa yaraday (biggest rumour in decades), gabdhihi waa wada garoob, nimanki wa wada loosers, Taliban bey nu wada noqonay, diinti ba laga tagay, dhaqanki ba la illoway ...I mean really, put a sock in it. If everyone just focused on their own sh*t we would see some progress.

classic

Also historically, this is very correct:

MONOGAMY is the rule in ISLAM and POLYGAMY is only an exception allowed subject to certain conditions. Polygamy is neither mandatory, nor encouraged, but merely permitted in Islam.

Originally posted by Fu-Fu:

Polygamy? If it works for woman as well as men, it sounds good
;)

Only Insecure women who feel inadequate and that their men will leave them for better grass have a problem with having multiple wives.If you are strong women who knows her self you wouldnt have a problem if your man wants to have another wife!

but seriously farahs should stop obsessing themselves with this kind of malayacni.

Get your self a professional degree and start earning big bucks,walahi baan ku dhaartaye,you will have what ever you want at the tips of your finger.all the things you crave,beautiful house,nice car ,naag quruxleey ah etc.Nin aan shaqeysan shaah waa ka xaaran.

aaaaaah,cant wait to finish my degree. icon_razz.gif

I replied to this topic again and had a sense of deja-vu. Then I used the search functionality of this forum and input my member number [140] and 'polygamy' in the search words section and realised that I've said all there is to be said on the subject.

5 topics in the Women's section

9 topics in the General section

3 topics in the Islam section.

Enough already, no more topics on polygamy please!