Sign in to follow this  
B

HELP.... London People

B, it must have been very embarrassing for you being singled out like that and on top being found guilty of wrong doing. I'm always legit, only because i have the rotten luck of running into inspectors 3-5 times a week. NO JOKE!.

Its a minor offense so I'm told by my fellow experienced Somali fare dodgers. It should not go to court inshallah, just pay the fine, lesson learnt simples:)

PS! its so bad now; that i always asks friends when they are traveling with me to have legitimate tickets as i have a knack for being stopped. Even happened on holiday in Barcelona and Stockholm. is there such a thing as bad luck?

****** London transport making "fare evasion" a criminal offence. I've never heard of that in any other part of the world.

That being said, I'm sure they'll be reasonable with you. You'll just have to pay a fine IA

Cabdow   

Best you can do now is play poor and remorseful. If it gets to court, readily admit to it and apologise profusely, perhaps you'll be let off without a criminal record. But there's no telling. London Transport is a b!tch.

Apologise profusely kulaha hahahaa Spoken like a true pro walle, who would have thought eh :D

Yo B, do what what Val said and you will be fine IA. Good luck!

...and even if ur convicted and found guilty, remember it's not the end of the world. Dadbadan ayaa kaaga horeeyey, waxba haka welwelin.

I probably shouldn't have laughed! :D

B are you serious? I am sorry! But seriously, freedom pass?? Doesn't it like make a weird sound when you touch in? Like "pipipi" instead of "pipip"?

I once took the overground from Stratford and travelled without a valid ticket (my oyster travelcard didn't cover the journey). When I reached my destination, I got almost fined at the gates! But luckily females have it easier; we can play dumb and smile our way out :D

Sorry I am rubbing it in your face. My advice to you is: don't worry, everything's going to be OK smile.gif Just have faith in God & pray in ilaahey uu gaalga mercy galiyo. Also, try & be charming yet remorseful.

Lol @ Nin Yaaban's musings

Rayyan   

B, how dhaqaajin, adeer, rag waakii kaca ee hadana kufa, we used to take on the town by night in my felon days, Get up and go, life is a learning curve, if you brush the law some how so be it. But don’t be ***** dhex fadhiista, honestly cut that crap using someone else id/travel cards. Isn’t worth bahdilaad.

Now pay all you can from community help, or fine. And forget the whole episode.

Also keep that motto in mind  if you don’t flog you don’t eat, Halaal earning adeer

Beautiful hands are those that do

Work that is earnest and brave and true

Moment by moment

The long day through.

--- no help crying online for being a petty thief. lool.

there's a difference between not having paid a fare- you get fined on the spot- and masquerading as an oap. The latter is worse but I don't know how much worse. Just pay the fine. PM Juxa. smile.gif

Juje   

B if this your first ofence you shouldn't worry that much - that is if you dont have a record of fare-evassion .

I also think it was best setteled if you paid the fine and the fare to the inspectors who apprehended you - that would have illiminated you been sent to court.

Still, unless they moved, I think they have offices near Victoria Station - the London Transport Office responsible for penalty fines, go there in person and pay the set fine and fare and be humble and apologise.

Remember taking you to court will also cost them money so if they can settle out of court they will be happy - just dont contest the conviction.

And if the unfortunate thing happens where you are taken to cort always be humble and obedient and look regretful in that way the Magistrate will disreagrd giving you a record in the first offence.

Wish you luck.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by B:

guys,

I feel terrible already, please cut out the jokes. i have spent the best part of the day feeling really really bad - that I could allow this to happen, it was a momentary slip.

You can't post replies like this one and expect people not to laugh. :D

Momentary slips take a..err.. moment! You sound like you used that pass for more than one journey. Whatever you do, don't use the momentary slip excuse.

P.S.

I liked Nin Yaaban's advice best.

Juxa   

please dont panic, from your story, the TFL told you that they intend to prosecute you for Fare Evasion. have you receive the court summons yet?

now depending on your luck and also whether you have given correct name and address court summons should be served within 6 months from the day the offence was committed.

if they forget about you, waa kheyr, mardanbe ha unoqon intad noshahay.

if the summons however arrives within that 6 month period (they tend to arrive 2 or 3 days prior to the 6 month limitation) read it careful. normally they contain options, if out of court settlement is included, ring them, i believe you are looking a fine between £130-200

if it is first offence they will let you off with a fine, i think your matter is complicated by the fact you were using freedom pass. you made no attempt to return it to the police, to the TFL or to any london station operated by TFL. i wont try to excuse that away period. you are lucky you are not charged with theft.

if TFL are adamant to prosecute, it is time to get technical, read their statements, any discrepencies? if you can afford get solicitor

check this http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/revenue-enforcement-and-prosecutions-policy.pdf

i hope they let you off with a fine, a conviction would seriously affect your career prospects, it would also affect travel plans to the USA or Australia

good luck

Juxa   

i was trying not to be my usual self, ie awalmuu faarax kheyr lahaa meelxun uunbaa laga sheegaa

then he said he was worried and you were already being your mean self.