Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Fellow Londoners

Ibtisam   

^^^^Most descriptive I've seen ya!

The trolls 1 is run by Londoners ( and Jac) so I won't be surprised if this gives Trolls1 a run for its posts.

I think that was Ngonge intention all along! :D

Serenity, and where might you be going in a year's time (I'A)?

I loved everything about London (other than the commute and the expense), the pace, the excitement, the culture, the food (yes, the food!), the rudeness, the variety, the diversity, the convenience, the economy (especially the job market…is there anyone where better than London for jobs?)….and then I went to Sydney and Melbourne.

Now I find it difficult to see all the nice things about London. My eyes are only open to the grime, the crime, the cost, the inefficient transport system, the fact I can't afford to buy a property and the constant low morale everywhere. Give me the Work Visa already because I am about ready to follow those 71,000 people who migrated to Australia in the last year.

DD,

I’m the same. I would have major trouble trying to work from home, mainly because I get easily distracted. I would probably mistake it for a day off and sleep in before going out for a leisurely brunch somewhere and then hitting the shops. redface.gif

Ghanima,

Heh. Ma anaan garan! :D

-Lily-   

Are you advising us not to visit the place Val? Because I really cannot bear to look at my beloved (London) in such a negative way?

NGONGE   

^^ You could have gone to the Lake District and seen all that impressed you in convict land, with hardly any expense at all. Typical of you to do it the hard way really.

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner

That I love London so

That I think of her wherever I go

I get a funny feeling inside of me

When walking up and down

That I love London Town :D

Well I just discovered that seing the African scenery on abike is much much better especially when you can smell the the flowers, grass and see all sorts of animals. Nature has trully blessed Africa and yet we can only appreciate when we get back from places like london. Im on my way to the Nile today and boy am I looking forward to the prospect of sitting near the river with waiters and waitresses working and walking around you and jumping at the rise of an eye brow.. smile.gif By the way how are you my fellow Londoners....Its been awhile since I smelled the rubbery smells of the tube and coming home with a full nose of it the dark stuff..)

QL! LoL...how are you, dear? Gee, you are still on holiday? Have you moved away then, because this is more than just a holiday. War soo noqo! London misses you.

PS: Sounds very idyllic I must say.

NG, the Lake District is great but it doesn't compare! Perhaps when I win the Lotto, I will shout for a holiday down under for you and the family. :D

Seren, I don't see you in Africa. Middle East perhaps, but Africa? Nah!

Zu, lol...trying to grab some of the awe for yourselves ey? Tut tut...

Quantum Leap have you gotten hitched? Is this honeymoon? 'cause I dont blv you're on the Nile on your own ;)

Val, you dont know me. I belong in a wild, anarchic and temperate land.

I wish i loved my city that much, no wonder somalis like London.

seen yeelaa ma isasoo dhiibaa. I have never been to it yet how r they with refugees this days? lool

Baluug   

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

Londoners, please answer me this - why do we live in this ridiculously expensive, ridiculously polluted, ridiculously poor connected and with the most ridiculous weather I've seen of a city? Especially since we're all educated and capable of getting work anywhere? Whats your excuse people??

I'm getting out of here soon. Hold me onto that. Give me a year and some.

Canada's calling!! We don't necessarily have better weather, but we have better traffic!!