Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Fellow Londoners

NGONGE   

Since, without a shred of doubt, you form the overwhelming majority of people on this site, I thought I'd start this thread for us all to have a moan about this week's tube strikes. Did you make it to work ok? Any juicy incidents take place on your journey?

I made it to work in forty-five minutes flat! On a normal day it takes me an hour and fifteen minutes. Heh.

NGONGE   

^^^ Away with thee, tree-huger. To bike it to work would at least take an hour and I'll get there in a somewhat less than my usually immaculate state. Not really an option.

Val, that's because you live and work in - to put it very mildly - a very tame part of town. :D

Dhubad.   

^Boy, this morning was a nightmare I had to walk from SouthKen to Victoria. I can't believe is going to be like this until Friday.

NGONGE   

^^ es xareefi today lakin tomorrow halkanaad ku so noqon and then you will start to care calashan it's all a pain in the xaga dhambe.

N.O.R.F   

^^Who is on strike this time? The train driver, the ticket staff of the cleaners?

Been busy doing 'silly business'. Why do you need two letters from your employer to finalise your water and electricity upon vacating a property? :confused: :rolleyes:

When you live in a place where it takes a week of twoing and throwing to do something as simple as that then you will have cause for complaint.

At least you have a transport system :rolleyes:

Dhubad.   

^Horta what kinda of transport do they have? Mise maba loobaahano ee waa la isku lugaynkaraa?

Metronet staff who maintain and look after all most all the lines are on strike until Friday...Only three lines are working at moment.

Ibtisam   

I got into work 15mins ago, and i left my house at 9AM. I walked to work and I walked home yesterday. But i'm leave at 3pm today.

On a positive note at least it is a nice day to walk.

I saw one person on my way to my office, kinda spooky with so few people around.

-Lily-   

The whole situation reminds me of this song

:D

^^^^ WARNING, contains swear words.

Well, I get British rail first then the Undergournd but from Euston to Holborn by bus wasn't so bad. But because the Bakerloo line and the Metropolitan were both not working my train was packed, like India human cargo packed, I missed two on purpose because I had no desire to be groped by perverts, as I know from past experience, but, that is why flexible working hours come in handy, made it to work 10 30 smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

Unions have been seeking guarantees there will be no job losses, forced transfers or cuts in pensions as a result of Metronet's collapse in July, when it went into administration.

Source

Metronet collapsed? I could see that coming years ago :rolleyes:

They are being silly these Unions and have gained too much power in recent years. They should all get the sack!