Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

This may revolutionize History!

Monday is an important day as the world awaits the unveiling of an old Chinese map. If what experts are seeing is confirmed, a Chinese Muslim discovered America. Let us wait for the unveiling of this map on Monday and the subsequent authentication process. This specific map is a reproduction of an early work.

“It will revolutionize our thinking about 15th century world history.â€

This is all over the news.

Read the news on Google

xin_26010317064744517656.jpg

Its being called a scam spp hold your horses. But i do belive African sailors sent by mansa musa or some king of mali were the 1st to discover america.

Paragon   

Libaax, thanks for the information. I've read of the great Muslim navigator Zhenge He. Done a presentation on him in my History minor at first year. China during that period of history, was the centre of the world and considered the West the barbarians. China's navigational achievements, pioneered by none other than Admiral Zhenge He's exploration, had helped to change the country's foreign policy during the 14th century. After many oceanic navigations and estimations of the world outside China, the Chinese Dynasty (Ming, was it?) decided that 'there was nothing, abosuletly nothing, worth anything outside China' and that China's fleet of ships deployed in the world's seas should be recalled home.

PS: This is a bold claim. Not only was he Chinese, he was a Muslim too. Tell that to Texans.

LANDER   

It is very much possible, living in the west we are not often taught the history of other civilizations aside from the glorified past of the europeans. I remember an old teacher/friend of ours once showing an image of the old chinese sea vessels on scale next to the Santa Maria of colombus which looked like a little dot in comparison. I'd say the chinese vessel was at least 20 times larger and longer and had these numerous and huge sails, the boat had some 5-6 different levels and was made purely from wood, it was apparently "mind boggling" from an engineering standpoint considering the technology of the time. Wish I only had that image.

Intel   

i just saw this on the news...apparently chinese dicovered australia as well three centuries before Captain Cook.

Baluug   

This is why we can't trust historical records, because they may have been changed to satisfy someone. I trust what is in the Qur'an, and not much else.

NASSIR   

How can you discover a land whose people were already there?

Aren't Indians People like us?

Or, the Manifest Destiny comes to mind?

NASSIR   

Anyone with a sense of humanity understands the fact that there were people who lived in America and they resisted relentlessly the foreignors until their numbers were substantially reduced.

Colombus was a colonial spy just as Richard Burton was a colonial spy when he visited our country. In his journal after he accidently encountered the Indians, which adduced the justification to attack and conquer their land, states,""They... brought us parrots and balls of cotton and spears and many other things, which they exchanged for the glass beads and hawks' bells. They willingly traded everything they owned.... They were well-built, with good bodies and handsome features.... They do not bear arms, and do not know them, for I showed them a sword, they took it by the edge and cut themselves out of ignorance. They have no iron. Their spears are made of cane.... They would make fine servants.... With fifty men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want."

It comes to this bare conclusion that they even were discovered.

Castro   

^ Well said Caamir. The west will insist this map is fake. The Chinese know they were there first. What they also know is that, soon enough, the land they came upon in 1421 as mere tourists, they will come to again as conquerors in 2021 and civilize the "savages" living there now. :D

Jabhad   

admiral_zheng.jpg

Admiral Zheng He. Born to a devout Hui(Ethnic Chinese Muslims) Chinese Muslim family in Kunming, southern China.

ship_a.jpg

Sheng He ship one of Zheng He's 300-vessel fleet, is four hundred feet long - much larger than Columbus's.

zhenghetomb.jpg

Sheng He's "tomb".

zhenghecoin.jpg

Silver coin commomorating Admiral Sheng He.

I found this interesting to read.

"When the Chinese reached the east coast of Africa, they found people who built houses of brick. "Men and women wear their hair in rolls; when they go out they wear a linen hood. There are deep wells worked by means of cog wheels. Fish are caught in the sea with nets." The Africans offered such goods a "dragon saliva, incense, and golden amber." The Chinese found the African animals even more amazing. There included "lion, gold-spotted leopards, and camel-birds (ostriches), which are six or seven feet tall." The most exciting thing that Zheng He ever brought back to the emperor�s count was a giraffe.

The animal came from today's Somalia. In the Somali Language, the name for giraffe sounds similar to the Chinese word for unicorn. It was easy to imagine that this was the legendary animal that had played an important part in the birth of Confucius. Surely, it must be a sign of Heaven's favor on the emperor's reign.

When the giraffe arrived in 1415, the emperor himself went to the palace gate to receive it, as well as a "celestial horse" (zebra) and a "celestial stag" (oryx). The palace officials offered congratulations and performed the kowtow before the heavenly animals.

When Zheng He came back from his seventh voyage in 1433, he was sixty-two years old. He had accomplished much for China, spreading the glory of the Middle Kingdom to many countries that now sent tribute and ambassadors to the court. Though he died soon afterward, his exploits had won him fame. Plays and novels were written about his voyages. In such places as Malacca and Java, towns, caves, and temples were named after him.

However, a new Ming emperor had come to the throne. His scholar-officials criticized Zheng's achievements, complaining about their great expense. China was now fighting another barbarian enemy on its western borders and needed to devote its resources to that struggle. When a court favorite wanted to continue Zheng He's voyages, he was turned down. To make sure, the court officials destroyed the logs that Zheng He had kept. We know about his voyages only from the pillar and some accounts that his crew members wrote.

Thus, China abandoned its overseas voyages. It was a fateful decision, for just at that time, Portugal was beginning to send its ships down the west coast of Africa. In the centuries that followed, European explorers would sail to all parts of the world. They would establish colonies in Africa, America, and finally in the nations of East Asia. China would suffer because it had turned its back on exploration. Zheng He had started the process that might have led the Middle Kingdom to greater glory Unfortunately the rulers of the Ming Dynasty refused to follow his lead."

source: http://planet.time.net.my/CentralMarket/melaka101/chengho.htm

Originally posted by Caamir:

How can you discover a land whose people were already there?

I think the point was so that no else can claim to have 'found' N. America after you. It is intended to prevent others from making similar claims you and not discovered N. America per se since people already lived there.