Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Desert Flower: The Dubai Thread.

AYOUB   

Jumatatu

What about people with better qualifications who are being paid less money or given worse jobs just because they're not English or Americans. A few weeks back I was watching a programme about a Muslim of Asian origins who was about to move to UAE with his family being told by an englishman not to expect the salary advertised because of he did not look european. How can anyone not moan about that!

Rokko   

It's excellent that such development as the one mentioned here and others are taking place in a Muslim country. As my fellow Nomad Dragon, mentioned, I also wished all that money, resources and effort would've gone to the ppl in its place and invest in schools..etc. Everything starts from basis and although some rich Arab nations may advance their skyscrapers and do all kind of projects to compete with westerners, their ppl still luck the basic educations and are not educated as some poor nations are.

The reason I'm saying this is cuz I've been to UAE and it seems like the whole country is run by outsiders na'mean..from Gov to private industry..

king_450   

I know when i see a fallacious person,am wondering those of you who are side kicks of the Arab sheikdom , did you take an oath to protect them, i know i didn't. Why attack the individuals rather than the argument? even in a good cause we need to know the facts.

Classique, OG-Girl, now you both know there's no waasta like a Khaleeji waasta so get started! I want results and I want them fast. I expect a big fat expat. package: astronomical salary, accommodation in on of those villas by the sea, a Lamborghini in the front, unlimited hoildays, short working days, stress-less environment, sumptuous food, and my very own shopping mall. :D

Do-able, no? Don't just sit there, network!

Salma   

^^^ You are so modest girl, you should have asked for the Central Bank to be registered under ur name, the president's best palace, some Rolls-Royces. And your Majesty, perhaps we can change the Burj AlArab's decoration and design in case u didn't like the palace :D

For the shopping mall,we can order the Khaleejis 2 build a unique marvellous special shopping mall for you and let's call it "Arabian Nights" LOL

Salam

OG_Girl   

^^ Shahenazade, no one can deny you are one of the best Nomads. Trust me Classique will do all these and much more. But I feel little jealous dee ... you taking my ONE and Only the Classique I have.

Ok ok, I won't be selfish, we share friendship with her :D :cool:

Salam

Thanks, sis. If I'm ever in Kuwait, I'll look you up and bore you with my stories. You'll have to tell the Sabah family to move over cause Sheherazade's coming to town. Hohoho.

God, I'm high on coffee..and it feels good. :D

Anyone got any non-waasta ways of gaining employment in Dubai?

Muhammad   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

Classique, OG-Girl, now you both know there's no waasta like a Khaleeji waasta so get started! I want results and I want them fast. I expect a big fat expat. package: astronomical salary, accommodation in on of those villas by the sea, a Lamborghini in the front, unlimited hoildays, short working days, stress-less environment, sumptuous food, and my very own shopping mall.
:D

Do-able, no? Don't just sit there, network!

hmmm... did you consider Bank-Robbery as a career? if your interested, let me know!

ps. there is some risk - such us loosing your arm, head, ext...

Have any of you ignorant haters heard of something called Real Estate Investment??

If you did then let me tell you that you dont know enough to realize that UAE has executed the most successful economic development strategy in the middle east. The sheikhs were definitely thinking ahead of their time when they opted for other sources of income for their country, they didn’t want to be fully dependant on Oil. So they simply started investing their oil money in other money generating investments and encouraging local and foreign companies to investment in their country.

That Mall, Palm Dubai and similar investment projects, which by the way will make UAE a tourist attraction, is a prime example of how successful their Sheikhs are in implementing investments that will stimulate the economy…

Check these tow pictures of Zaid rd in Dubai 20 year ago and in the presnt time.....

AbuNawaf_zaidst1.jpg

AbuNawaf_zaidst2.jpg

Me and my cousin had a similar conversation while watching a documentary on Discovery Wings about the double decked Airbus 330 and how Emirates Airlines have already put in an order for 21 of them giant airplanes in a $14 billion deal, he said these Arabs are just wasting their money. It really surprised me hearing that from someone with an MBA from U of Minnesota ==> remember the dude with the marriage problems ;) I told him the same shit, UAE is booming in terms of foreign investments and they are trying to have a bigger stake of the $50 billion airline industry, which is expected to double after these tourist attractions are built. And what better way to traget travelers from US, Europe and South East Asia who would rather pay few extra dollars for a comfortable 18 hours trip to Dubai with the New A380 ….

and for those who dont know it... check out these pics.....

Ea380.jpg

a380_4.jpg

So all of you hater need to quit your mundane jealousy and see how you could follow UAE’s blueprint for success and bring Somalia from rags to riches..

Mondane jealousy? The term mondane jealousy would be applicable if Somalis were to criticise the Japanese. What they did to their country was a development from rags to riches not receiving the credit that it deserves.

Unfortunately I can't say the same thing about the Arabs whom we share the same faith with. The farsight of the Arab sheikhs you're talking about, is the 'farsight' of their financial and business advisors from the US.

So don't try to fool the Somalis. Arabs are just lucky bums. Some Somali fuuto madow look like they're on the payroll of the Arab absolute kings and dictators.

Originally posted by Nationalist:

Mondane jealousy? The term mondane jealousy would be applicable if Somalis were to criticise the Japanese. What they did to their country was a development from rags to riches not receiving the credit that it deserves.

Well first off let me tell you that I am not an Arab apologist nor have any concern for Arabs, I am only giving credit where its due. These guys saw the need for alternative source of income for their country and worked hard to get it.. simple as that..

Unfortunately I can't say the same thing about the Arabs whom we share the same faith with.

You right,,, we share the same faith.. not the same "wallet"...

The farsight of the Arab sheikhs you're talking about, is the 'farsight' of their financial and business advisors from the US.

And what’s wrong with that? If you want to invest your money in a project you have to seek an experienced advisor to ensure maximum profits. Ppl do that everywhere…

So don't try to fool the Somalis. Arabs are just lucky bums. Some Somali fuuto madow look like they're on the payroll of the Arab absolute kings and dictators.

Well to me you seem to be on the payroll of them Bosaso area cattle businessmen who lost big bucks on UAE’s recent reform on immigration and ban on Somali livestock exports..

STOIC   

The sheikhdom are ahead of their game.Do you know that America is currently looking elsewhere towards seeking oil reserve outside the Arab world?. Do you know that were it not the distrust by the America public of anti-capitalist enviromental movement,America would have adapted long time ago alcohol fuel like ethanol, made from corn or biomas.Power: in America it is hidden until you talk to a black person in the street of Atlanta.But in the Arab world power is discriminate and naked in the eyes of the public.You can not change their rules neither can you blame them for that but you could just live by their rules.