Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Does the Gender of ur boss matter?

I was listening to the radio today and they were discussing a surprising survery. They said that almost all men prefer men as their bosses (duh) but the shocking thing was that 75% of the female respondents actually prefered men as their bosses!!! This was confirmed by a number of women calling in live and stating their preference for male bosses.

What the hell?

So what happened to all the sexual harassment, sexism etc. they cried about? Wouldnt women feel more comfortable working for a women? I def. would.

Having said that - in 2 yrs of working I've had 1 male and 3 female bosses. The man was very outgoing, nice, talkative and always smiling and asking about my life etc. The women just kept to themselves and just communicated with me when they wanted me to do something. Hmmmmm. Maybe that was just a fluke.

How have your experiences been? And which sex do you prefer?

I have always had male boss and would find it quite weird female as my boss since i am in male dominated proffession so unlikely i'll get female boss.

having said that i prefer male

I personally prefer a male to be my boss , simply because they are less b!tchy and catty. :D

My current manager is a male he fails miserably in the department of personality I am still trying to comprehend how on earth he got his job?

Connections --ummm that would sound right!

Haneefah   

Generally, I'd prefer a female one, but for religious reasons and not behavioural.

Most of my managers have actually been females, including professors of whom I've been warned against their supposed pretentiousness and/or toughness. Needless to say, I've managed to maintain a great professional relationship with them all, even more with some of them.

However, it's some female co-workers that I sometimes find irritable to work with, mainly because of their constant gossip and chit chats (usually about men :rolleyes: ).

Hunguri   

I dont want an Arraweelo to be my boss. I always check my balls when a woman happens to be my boss. Ach, I dont want get custrated. No Arraweelo!

Johnny B   

As Sagan once put it, it's sheer stup*dity to think/lead with one's guts.

Female boss is just as good/bad as male boss, and the domination of male bosses is often due to social taboos than competence.

Ms DD   

I have had both female and male bosses. I can tell you that I prefer to have a male boss (so long he is hot and single..lol..just kidding)

Men are more easy-going and not on your case as most female bosses are. Where i work now, I have male boss and his wife who is a partner herself. I like dealing with him than her. But issues relating to female matters, it is better to have a female boss as the men wouldnt have a clue.

Peacenow   

I would prefer to be my own boss. You don't rely on anyone, and you don't depend on how someone is feeling.

If not then, i would prefer a male boss.

From experience, it is less the hassle and more stable. You go in and you know what you have to do. With a women, it depends on how she is feeling and other things, it's just more stress.

Ibtisam   

In general i find it easy to get on with male, so male boss please, i could not care if he looked like a donkey's as*s, just that men are less likely to get in your business. In all my jobs my direct managers have always been male

I think females bosses have a hard time, just because they have to deal with the attitudes displayed above before they even have a chance to show their employees whether they are a good boss or not.

I don't have any problems with female bosses. I actually prefer them (Compared to men, very few women have top positions and I believe they need all the help they can get in keeping their jobs and advancing further). I especially like working for my current boss. I support her to the best of my ability, and she, in turn, goes out of her way to return the favour in full. It makes for a fine working relationship, even if I say so myself. :cool:

Of course, I still have to watch my back, it's a dog eat dog world after all!